It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV's in OOBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I was looking around some other OOBE threads
and they all mention not to look into Mirrors
or turn on TVs or Computers
But it doesnt say why
can someone explain what actually happens?
and why it is bad?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well, I'm pretty sure you can't look into the mirror because there is no physical body to be seen. But as for the TV thing, you got me.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
BUT why would it be bad to look in a mirror if you have no body.
it would be scary if you knew you were in the astral plane

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Looking at yourself without a body could be quite a new experience. IMO this alone would make you lose focus of your projection seeing as it would be a shock for anyone to comprehend themselves without a body.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
About the TV thing, I learned that turning off a TV or computer before projecting will eliminate the chance your focus will be diverted. If something sparks your interest to a point where you lose focus on the projection you will rush back to your physical body thus ending the oobe.
No real danger, just good practice.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've heard much more than it simply diverting your attention. When you look into the mirror, you might see your "true self", how you will die, etc. When you look at TV you may see future disasters and stuff. Although I've personally done neither so this is just what has been passed on to me.

It's also not advisable to go through doors that don't actually exist in the real world. Say if you see a second door in your room in the ceiling or something.... DONT go through it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The late Robert Monroe didn't recommend checking out paintings either. Apparently he ended up IN the painting, the environment looked like the painting. hehe

He got out of course but it freaked him out.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I heard about this awhile back.

Years ago I read that book by Robert A. Monroe "Journeys out of the Body".

According to him, our bodies, being made out of energy, react strangely when around electric fields ( TV's, Computers and such.)

He also states that while you're having an OBE, you can view yourself. He says that you have an aura around you that is very bright and visible.

He also says you have a tail that connects you to your body!!!

Have a good one!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yes, it is like an umbilical chord- the "tail". I can see why you would avoid the TV or mirrors. Think of mediums who use mirrors or tv sets set to snow stations to scry. Maybe you can get sucked into there and end up in someone's seance. Could be fun.

Or you might end up somewhere oyu cant get back from
not fun

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
not fun

Might this be like psychosis? Is it even possible not to return?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by ListenD]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ok, this is just my experience and insight:

As far as I can tell, there are no hardcore rules for the astral plane. I've looked into a mirror while out of body and saw myself. Things in the astral are difficult to explain, imo, but I saw myself; smiling and looking "wise". I don't know how else to explain it.

Do you ever ask questions during a dream or lucid dream and your own voice gives you an answer you know to be true? Looking at myself in the mirror was the same thing. I actually looked out of curiosity, thinking I wouldn't see myself. And perhaps, the reflection I saw wasn't of "me" as I know it, but an aspect of me....urg, sorry. As I said, it is hard to explain.

I've never bothered looking at a TV or computer screen while out of body. No real reason why, I just haven't. I don't think there is any reason to avoid it, it is just an object. But again, just my experience and insight. Take what you want from it and leave the rest.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
Yes, it is like an umbilical chord- the "tail". I can see why you would avoid the TV or mirrors. Think of mediums who use mirrors or tv sets set to snow stations to scry. Maybe you can get sucked into there and end up in someone's seance. Could be fun.

not fun

With all do respect, I want to clear this up.
You can always come back. Always. You will never be denied entrance into your own body, and nothing else can enter your body while you are gone.

I understand that it might seem like there is a lot to be confused and frightened by, but once you have actually had a conscious OBE, a lot of things become clear. Unfortunately, you receive a sort of truth that isn't always communicable on this side.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's also possible that, since mirrors have sometimes been associated with the occult, that either a part of yourself could be caught in the reflection, or it may be that you'll see a reflection of your spirit itself, which would most likely be based on your idea of what you look like.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Why not go through the door?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I KNOW WHY!!!
if you go through a door that isnt normally there it starts an alice in wonderland type of thing.
what will happen is you will enter the door and since it shouldnt normally be there the astral plane will be like "oh dear this door needs to lead to something" so it makes up places and soon you will be going down halls and into rooms that dont exist.
thats why its bad...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ListenD

Actually Im just speculating. Astral projection is a scary thing to me. I have a real fear of not being able to get back into my body, so I dont mess with it. My experiences were involuntary. I had never heard about TVs and mirrors being a problem, but in thinking about it, I was just brainstorming ideas. So to clear it up, I was talking about what I have read about scrying and EVP, thinking it might apply to this topic.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NewThor

Hi NewThor

I have been having OOBE's for the last 17 years and so it is somewhat second nature to me now.

About a week ago, I had my first experience where I actually looked at myself in a mirror during an OOBE. Before doing so, however, I was consciously aware that it may not be a good thing to do. I decided to take a look anyway and was quite amused that I could see my feet and legs up to about halfway up my thighs, and the rest of my body just wasn't there! I'm not sure why I was able to see any body parts at all, but I guess when a person is in the astral plane, that everything, including furniture and inanimate objects part of the astral plane too, including the mirror, so it wasn't a real physical mirror that I was looking into, it was the 'etheric' mirror in the astral plane.

From my own perspective, the experience opened up a totally new perspective for me, because I'd always assumed that my astral body was observing our physical reality. This experience could indicate that my astral body is part of a astral plane which is 'like' our physical reality, sort of a 'mirror or reflection' of reality, if you excuse the pun.

HOWEVER, if that theory is wrong, and it WAS an actual physical mirror, that means it must be my astral self that was able to 'perceive' part of my reflection in the mirror.

Confusing, I know, but I would love to hear someone elses experience with mirrors!!

Dobbie

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewThor

Well that actually sounds like a good bit of adventure! You know, the second that you don't want to be in an OOBE anymore you can just...wake up, and it's all over, so there is no risk.

top topics

join