It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Believe This CraP?!: GOP Wants Ads That Criticize Bush Pulled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
WASHINGTON - The Republican National Committee (news - web sites) on Friday asked about 250 television stations to pull a liberal group's ads critical of President Bush (news - web sites).

The RNC sent the stations a letter Friday suggesting the outlets may be complicit in breaking campaign finance laws if they air the MoveOn.org Voter Fund ads. It asked them to decline to broadcast the ads.

GOP Wants Ads That Criticize Bush Pulled

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That is just blatant mafia-style suppression of the media's freedom of speech! I sincerely hope that the broadcasting companies under attack, refuse to submit to this bullying. The government needs to learn that we will not give up our rights, even when they threaten us. This has got to be stopped before it gets any further out of hand!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
That is just blatant mafia-style suppression of the media's freedom of speech! I sincerely hope that the broadcasting companies under attack, refuse to submit to this bullying. The government needs to learn that we will not give up our rights, even when they threaten us. This has got to be stopped before it gets any further out of hand!

You damn RIGHT!!. Isnt America the land of free speech? I guess it is as long as you dont say anything bad about BUSH!.

join