It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia vows military reaction to US shield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
source

Russia has threatened to make a military response should the missile defense deal between Washington and the Czech Republic be endorsed.

And the hits just keep on coming. Welcome to the edge of Global Thermonuclear War.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This is getting bad. I realize that in order for the US to take over the middle east, they have to secure borders against potential aggressors. However, poking Russia with sticks just isnt smart...not smart. I am American. I was a soldier in the Army. I am proud of those facts.
I am not stupid though. Russia vs America is what is known as a fair fight. The 2 biggest kids on the block throwing hands is bad enough. Add anyone to either side and you will create a global riot...all out war. It will not be like the first two world wars either. There will be fewer neutral countries this time. Global tensions and occupation forces so spread out, not to mention advanced warfare techonology and the ever present knockout punch...Nuclear Bombs...make the next world war, the last world war. All wars fought after that will be done with sticks and rocks because there will not be anything left.
I hope beyond hope that nothing happens in the coming months that delays the elections and replacement of Pinky and the Brain before they wake up and try to "take over the world" again tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Russia is trying to make a comeback as a power on the world stage...but haven't you noticed that Russia is always threatening some sort of action, military or otherwise, to something the United States is doing?

I'm not saying "call their bluff"; I suppose at some point, they actually will take action. But, after the breakup of USSR, the Russian economic issues they've experienced since then, what exactly is left of the country? A bunch of silos, with what kind of equipment in them.

It would be a whole lot more considerable fight than say, Yugoslavia or Iraq, which give us enough trouble anyway. But what would their capability be at this point? Will Russia rise again?

I look at it as stepping in the ring with modern day Mike Tyson. Sure, the name alone is enough to give you a good scare, but once the action starts, you realize he just isn't what he used to be.

I suppose though, the same could be said for the USA.

join