It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Identify This Unknown Skeleton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Your original Anonymous post actually contained some of your personal information. Rather than editing it the mods just decided not to allow it.

IMO you should never put anything into the internet that you don't want people to access...

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ListenD
Your original Anonymous post actually contained some of your personal information. Rather than editing it the mods just decided not to allow it.

IMO you should never put anything into the internet that you don't want people to access...

In fact my anonymous post was in 2 parts.
FIRST was my comment on this thread which is still missing.

SECOND came my request for help regarding my account, which included my email address. This part of the post has been quoted in this thread, so I do not think it has been disallowed for this reason.

Sooner, I believe that the post has been accidentally deleted after it had been quoted. If this is the case, can a mod please just say so...?

What I posted was relevant to this thread, and n o-one else has addressed the subject of my comment.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychopump

I don't know how possible it would be to recover a scrubbed post. Maybe you should just reiterate what you said now that you got your account working. Besides now if you post using a logged in account you can gain points to spend on all kinds of great stuff from the ATS store!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ListenD

OK. Point taken.

REITERATION (more or less):

If you look closely at the images, the creature seems to have 3 rows of ´ribs´ following it´s spine in a 3 pointed star configuration. What kind of animals have this? Certainly no fish as far as I know....

BTW: Where IS the ATS store? I can´t seem to find a link to it..:?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
BTW: Where IS the ATS store? I can´t seem to find a link to it..:?

There's a tab at the top of the page labeled "MemCenter." After entering the MemCenter there is a link to the ATS store on the left hand side.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychopump
If you look closely at the images, the creature seems to have 3 rows of ´ribs´ following it´s spine in a 3 pointed star configuration. What kind of animals have this? Certainly no fish as far as I know....

You bring up a really good point! Fish ribs are alligned vertically as shown here.

The ribs in question seem to be alligned horizontally with the spines alligned vertically. The mystery skeleton resembles a snake more than it does a fish. Good catch Psycho! Star for you.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by ListenD]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Are there no boneheads* on ATS that can take a look at the image(s)?
I would have thought that a potential cryptozoological find would spark more interest....?

*archaeologists

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I dont think that it could be any common day fish. The head of the bones is too large and the body is too thick. Most fish from today, other than sharks and whales and such, have small skeletons. The bones are large and the fish head is wide and just abnormaly big...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I know that it not a sawfish or eles you would see the spines sticking out of the snout
by:Hunter

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My children and I are the ones that found these bones. In the picture you see there is no bottom jaw. Nor was there one with this thing we we found it......Any one can email me directly
[email protected]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Another mother found these bones near Boca Grande Florida in late July.

islandmom.files.wordpress.com...

She too was seeking help in identifying them through the Mote Marine Museum & at the University of South Florida. Personally, I thought they looked like a fit to the ones found by the family in Texas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join