It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US wants sci-fi killer robots for terror fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

US wants sci-fi killer robots for terror fight

news.scotsman.com

KILLER robots which can change their shape to squeeze under doors and through cracks in walls to track their prey are moving from the realms of science fiction to the front line in the fight against terrorism.
The US military has signed a £1.6m deal with a technology firm to design robots which are intelligent enough to work out how to wiggle through small spaces to reach their target.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Things that make you go , hmmmm . Can you imagine ?

news.scotsman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I hope they call it ED209.

*busts into average home of an Iraqi family*

"You have 20 seconds to comply"

[edit on 9-7-2008 by crisko]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i must say my favorite part of the article is where they must be capable of carrying "operationally meaningful payload". I wonder exactly what that entails exactly.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It's a nice way of saying enough to kill.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yeah makes me think they mean everything inside the building. It does seem like this device would have a lot of unintended casualties.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Reminds me of the movie Runaway with Tom Selleck. Small, quick robots equipped with syringes of poisons and acids infiltrating buildings through air vents and cracks under doors to deliver their toxic cargo directly into the veins of their target human.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Or how bout the old sci-fi one screamers. With the ones that just zoomed around in the ground.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I would love for a robot to take point, instead of a man.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a lethal thin crust pepperoni pizza hunter killer?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This reminds me of Minority Report. I wonder if we will ever get to that point...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
You must admit, robots can be VERY useful in future to help society, it can save many lives, cops, military, civillians etc.

I just want a robot maid haha.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
NO NO NO stop that SHI....
We all saw Terminator!
I really do not want to get killed by a cyborg with an accent I'll be back! U know°

OK a war with robots fighting against each other is great cause no humans get harmed. But robots vs humans ain't good. You know how to kill a human soldier if you have to. But a fully armored robot -> your screwed!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You must admit, robots can be VERY useful in future to help society, it can save many lives, cops, military, civillians etc.

I just want a robot maid haha.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Man come on don't be so lazy. We can do it. we don't need any robots. And what kind of software will they use?? I hope not Windows
BLUE SCREEN!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
so we will need some robot detectors in our house and ways to fire their circuits! this is going deeply wrong, we will end up being the slaves of the robotised government

new topics

top topics

join