First off I have to point this out everyone here knows how critical I am of George W Bush and I feel this guy has done so much irrefutable damage that
it will take at least 15 years to fully recover if we can ever recover at all. This leads me to my point. Ive been reading up on Herbert Hoover and
the great depression and as the depression first started to rear its ugly head Hoovers approach was to really do nothing. He felt that the government
shouldnt be involved in the economy. As it started to spiral out of control he started pushing businesses to go into a Fordism type stance (pay your
employees more money so they will have more to spend) The big businesses really didnt go for that either. They were sitting on what little profits
they were making.
The economy still continued to plummet so he finally started passing the following...
1. Raised tariffs, in accordance with his election-year promise, by signing the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act.
2. Increased subsidies to the nation's farmers with the Agricultural Marketing Act.
3. Signed the Emergency Relief and Construction Act, the nation's first Federal unemployment assistance.
4. Increased public works spending. Some of Hoover's efforts to stimulate the economy through public works are as follows:
1. Asked Congress for a $400 million increase in the Federal Building Program
2. Directed the Department of Commerce to establish a Division of Public Construction in December 1929
3. Increased subsidies for ship construction through the Federal Shipping Board
4. Urged the state governors to also increase their public works spending, though many failed to take any action.
5. Signed the Federal Home Loan Bank Act establishing the Federal Home Loan Bank system to assist citizens in obtaining financing to purchase a
6. Established the President's Emergency Relief Organization to coordinate local private relief efforts resulting in over 3,000 relief committees
across the U.S.
7. Authorized the repatriation to Mexico of 1-2 million people living in barrios throughout California, Texas and Michigan, 60% of whom were U.S.
citizens of Mexican-descent, in an effort to ease unemployment.
8. Urged bankers to form the National Credit Corporation to assist banks in financial trouble and protect depositors' money.
9. Actively encouraged businesses to maintain high wages during the Depression, in line with the philosophy, called Fordism, that high wages create
prosperity. Most corporations maintained their workers' wages early in the Depression in the hope that more money into the pockets of consumers would
end the economic downturn.
10. Signed the Reconstruction Finance Act. This act established the Reconstruction Finance Corporation, which made loans to the states for public
works and unemployment relief. In addition, the corporation made loans to banks, railroads and agriculture credit organizations.
Now in doing all of this he was later criticized by FDR for
spending and taxing too much, increasing national debt, raising tariffs and blocking trade, as well as placing millions on the dole of the government.
Roosevelt attacked Hoover for "reckless and extravagant" spending, of thinking "that we ought to center control of everything in Washington as
rapidly as possible," and of leading "the greatest spending administration in peacetime in all of history." Roosevelt's running mate, John Nance
Garner, accused the Republican of "leading the country down the path of socialism".
Now this blasting of Hoover is what eventually got FDR elected. FDR a democrat later went on to pass the new deal and also the executive orders which
robbed everyone of their gold and on and on and on...which nade what Hoover did in his term look like a drop of pee in a bucket & was practically the
nail in the coffin for our rights and self liberty. Big government & Big Bank was one step closer to total control.
The scary thing in this all is this is very eerily similar to what is going on now in our current mess which ultimately led to WW2. So this is why I
ask this did Bush do everything that he has done knowingly or was he a puppet for a bigger scheme and the next president will be a dem who will finish
this off with final control over all of us "in the name of the economy" just like FDR did when he had all that bogus legislation passed.
A congressman by the name of Louis Thomas McFadden seen what the bankers were doing and told of the new WW that was coming up as early as 1930 and it
ultimately lead to his death. I have been REAL critical of Bush but now I see its not only Bush it truly is the bankers and the dems are just as
involved in this hence this is why you dont see bush getting impeached. They tried to impeach Hoover and it was voted down hard just like today.
There are WAY to many similarities to then and now it is scary. If history does repeat itself we are not even halfway through this and you can count
on whatever wealth is left in this country will be sucked dry by the bloodhound bankers ie the Federal Reserve that runs our country. Woodrow Wilson
a Dem put in the FED and then came Hoover who inherited the fed then came FDR a dem who finished it off so to speak.
I have said 1000 times on this site that the government is not dems and repubs....they are all the same there really is no difference....they use
their 2 points of views to still come to the same conclusion and that is banking rule of our nation and really the world. As I read more and more
into this I have almost proved this. This Thomas Louis McFadden was a genius. He saw the FED for what it was and like the Ron Paul of today tried to
point it out to everyone. He even tried impeaching the FED board and eventually wanted to get rid of it. He ended up dead. McFadden also
acknowledged the bankruptcy of our country. Here is a good site
to check up on this.
So in final no matter WHO gets elected just like we were asked to give our civil liberties up in the name of war our final economic liberties will be
asked to be handed over to the government (the big banking puppet) and 99% of America will gladly do it just like during the war.
Feel free to add on to my research or tell me where I am wrong. It isnt in the greatest format because I am 3/4 asleep but please read this because
if this is truly correct this is the ultimate of all disinformation.
[edit on 9-7-2008 by mybigunit]