It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Resonance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the Earth's magnetic field responds to a resonant magnetic frequency?

I looked up the formula for the resonant freq. of a sphere in an old ARRL Handbook, and it gave the formula 2.28 times radius. When I plug in the avg. dia. of the planet I get 20.656 Hz. This is not the freq. (7.8 Hz) that everyone claims Tesla was playing with. He was working with the electrical component of the electromagnetic wave, and I am curious to find out if the same results hold true for such a wave's magnetic component.

Thanks for any info you can give

XL5

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Try plugging the ionosheres diameter and see what happens?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Before or after HAARP Pushes the ionosheres up?

had to

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
First you would have to figure out what, exactly, you are figuring for magnetic resonance. You would need either the iron core of the Earth (which could have a very complex resonant frequency due to resonant cavities existing within it - and changing constantly) - or the ionosphere (which wouldn't make sense to me).

I forget the exact formulas for it, but it would be quite complex for the Earth.

What are you wanting to use this for, though?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think he wants to try to rectify the earths resonance into a usable electrical charge.

... thats what I tried to do.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

I ended up figuring out how to remotely get power from local transformers though, that was useful for a while... until I moved to another city... still trying to find the closest transformer station.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Sorry about the late reply. You are quite correct. Tesla investigated the electrical component of electromagnetic waves; however there is also the magnetic aspect of these waves at 90 degrees offset. Thanks to the one fellow with the info on the core, which is apparently the true generator involved here. He has caused me to recalculate the resonant freq. of the CORE, not the whole planet. The molten rock mantle and crust are nothing more than the equivalent of the slag on a weld bead. In researching this new line of thinking, I have looked at data of not only the molten core, but also data from earthquake analysis found on the web that has revealed a very small (in comparison) iron/nickel crystal at the center of the molten mass, compressed into said crystal by tremendous pressure even though its temp is approx 9000 deg F. Therein I believe lies the heart of the dynamo, and since it is, according to earth scientists, solid, it has to have a stable resonant frequency. The question in my mind is can it be magnetically coupled to, as in the core of an iron-core transformer, and what would it take to accomplish this.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by ibgrimme]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ibgrimme

Earth's core is not solid, and even the specifics of the makeup and engine that drives it are still argued upon.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Regardless of its makeup, the earth does have a certain resonance.

What would it take to absorb that? Well, the resonance isn't going to be of a very high frequency, but I'll bet the amplitude would be high.

With this said... step one would be to build one heck of an antenna array. If the frequency is around 7 Hz... um... give me a bit to calculate the length of the antenna array.

Once you have the array built, then it's time to do some testing.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Somewhere around fifty eight miles of antennae. IIRC.

Or was it 5.8 miles? Either way, it's not going to be feasible.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Okay, done.

And oh... my... god...

If you can find a copper wire... lol... that's 21,428 Km in length, then you can start work on feasibly absorbing that wave length... wow.

Thats assuming you want to absorb half the wave length... but a quarter usually can suffice... so about a 10,700 Kilometer antenna could be used to absorb 1/4 of the wave length for power uses.

... thats allot of wire.

The good part about antennas is you can weave the wire back and forth with little loss.

... but still. Thats 6648.6 miles of conductive wire.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yeah. Fifty one miles is what I was thinking, and that's something like one one hundred and thirtieth of the waveform. I mean it is the Earth and all, but I don't think you could still capture the signal in any meaningful way. Sure you could listen to a seven hertz buzz pretty easily, it's a fractional antennae. Power? no, you're not getting anywhere even with fifty miles of cable.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
According to certain websites the core is a 360 mile diameter sphere.
That size sphere (if it exists) should resonate at approx. 216 Hz.
With all the commotion that happens down there it seems to surely have to generate its own resonant frequency sometime. If the core is all liquid,
then there would be no object to be ringing, therefore no detectable resonant freq.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by forsakenwayfarer

Using a quarter-wavelength shunted stub would go a long way in getting power... so would a geometrically arranged array designed to focus all of its "gathering power" on the center of the Earth.

Though I'm not so certain that you would get much in the line of power... the net power of the Earth's magnetic field is rather low by comparison to other forces. Additionally, it would impart a load on the field, which would weaken it, and cause resistance to the rotation of the planet (not a good thing). Seeing as we rely on all of that to live.... tapping into it as a power source sounds like a generally unwise idea until we know more about how to reverse those effects.

Though I think finding the resonant frequency of the Earth is akin to finding the resonant frequency of a car..... there's really no 'global' frequency, but a composite all of all of the resonant frequencies of the structures that comprise the car - which generates a highly complex waveform that is likely not similar to 'regular' waveforms.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Let's see if anything shows up at 216 Hz. If one could pulse the magnetic field at this freq. the (theoretical) solid core might just answer. I wonder if its possible to set up a MAGNETIC standing wave, instead of the electrical SW that Tesla worked with?

BTW, I'm a fan of Ed Leedskalnin. Ed wrote a message that said "The secret of the Universe is 7129/6105195. Just for fun, and knowing that Ed spoke pretty straightforward, I assumed this was a simple division problem. Doing the operation, I took the answer and plugged it into the formula F=1/t, plugging in the answer into "t". If so, it yields a freq of 856.388694 Hz. Dividing by 4, I get 214.097 Hz, darn close to our estimated 216 Hz (theoretical core) fundamental resonant freq. A 4th harmonic of the core freq.? Knowing his work with magnetics, was this of what he spoke?

Johnsky, what were you doing? Did you set up an LC circuit tuned to 60 Hz to tune into the grid?

[edit on 11-7-2008 by ibgrimme]

top topics

join