It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ogg's Hat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Quite a while back, I recall either hearing about ( On Art Bell perhaps? ) about a location, I believe was called Ogg's Hat.

At this location was supposedly a dimensional or time machine ... a group of scientists or researchers had designed and tested it, re-locating themselves to "Earth 2".

I can't seem to find any reference to this town or location on the net and am curious if anyone else has heard of this or can link me to any information.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Earth 2

That will be $65 please.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It's Ong's Hat, not Ogg. There's a good intro wiki article here: en.wikipedia.org...

and there's a bunch of archived stuff to download here: www.incunabula.org...

It was a good story but I was disappointed they never finished the graphic novel.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Ong's Hat, there was a little restaurant there, Just off the circle at route 70 and country lakes in NJ.

The geograpy related in that tale indicated that they got their info from a map that did not scale down far enough. And they had never gone through the woods there.

I lived a half mile from Ong's Hat during that period. In Country Lakes. There were maybe 5 houses in the immediate vicinity of Ong's hat, meaning in that half mile along that road.
Anywhere else would have another name. They had no idea of the local geography. Don't buy into it.

They did not even mention the restaurant.
Which is Ong's Hat restaurant and the only indication that the area is known as Ong's hat. Ong's hat was an old stagecoach stop, where Ong threw his hat in the air. It stuck in the tree and that was what people remembered about the place. That is how small it is.

If you go through the woods the distance stated as their walking through the woods to McGuire AFB you end up in my old livingroom. Three miles from McGuire AFB, the wrong side of Browns Mills a sizable community, and the wrong side of Fort Dix an army base. Adjacent to McGuire.

The rest of the story was a good yarn though!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
No. It wasn't Earth 2. I think I would remember a TV show / movie over a radio program ( as when I heard this program or about it - I didn't own a TV )

Ah. Thank you. I knew I was close, but thank you for correcting me on it.
So, from my understanding of the posts - it was all a story?

I know I'm getting old(er) but could of swore there was a discussion on Art Bell regarding Ong's Hat ..

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StarShin07

Yes, it was mostly fiction from Joseph Matheny, Ong's Hat is a real place though. I searched the Coast to Coast archives and couldn't find anything. It's possible it was mentioned during one of the Montauk Project shows.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The only hat I know of attached to Ogg would be Nanny Ogg, and I imagine her hat would be particularly ferocious, and I can fully understand the military making plans for a possible invasion by Nanny Ogg, even though she does not currently reside on our side of existence.

(Yes this is tongue in cheek, snrk about it for a moment and move on)

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Old thread, but this was an old topic i was looking into again tonight from a long time ago. I don't know if the person who said that they lived right by ong's hat is still active on the site, but if so, i would ask if they know any other historical information about the surrounding areas in general? Perhaps Long Beach Island, New Jersey has some interesting history?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: freelance_zenarchist
reply to post by StarShin07

Yes, it was mostly fiction from Joseph Matheny, Ong's Hat is a real place though. I searched the Coast to Coast archives and couldn't find anything. It's possible it was mentioned during one of the Montauk Project shows.

Fiction by Matheny? Nonsense! You clearly have not studied all the literature, audio tapes, etc. I have studied the legend in depth and listened to all the players involved. Matheny was simply an impartial investigator. I've seen the log cabin in the Pine barrens where some members of the research group lived. They left signs of their reading materials. It was real. The evidence cannot be dismissed out of hand except by those who have not investigated the legend for themselves but simply followed the vacuous opinions of the crowd. The story remains intriguing but unproved. See here:
incunabula.org...

top topics

join