It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a non-evasive time machine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by berenike

Annunaki in the sense of aliens as Sitchin made up not the Annunaki gods that the Sumerian believed in. The Annunaki were as real to the Sumerians as any other gods in other religions in different cultures around the world. Sitchin's made up stuff is not surported by the Sumer writers or archaeology, nor by common sense.

Sitchin is no expert. LOL

Oh did you check to see if that cylinder has been recorded and its inscription but into the database?

In my first post I only put 'Times of the Annunaki'. I didn't specify Annunaki as in the Sumerian version or Sitchin's version, so I didn't understand why you would bring up Sitchin. It looked evident to me that I meant Annunaki - whoever they turned out to be.

Knowing there is so much controversy in this field, I would like to go back to see the truth.

In my second post, I put 'expert' in inverted commas to indicate that I had some doubt as to the expertise of Sitchin. As I pointed out, very few of us are in a position to challenge him, or in fact anyone else's translations. The 'experts' might reach different conclusions, but I can only make up my own mind what I want to believe.

I have a great deal of interest in the civilization of Sumer, but think it best to keep an open mind.

I don't discount the idea that their gods (or any ancient gods) were real - it's just that today we have some difficulty in understanding exactly what they were, or still are.

And I have a certificate of authentification for my cylinder seal from a professor at the British Museum. If you think you know something I don't, come with me to the shop when I go to get my money back.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I'd want to meet some of the towering figures of history, like Sargon of Akkad or Hannibal.

Watch some of the battles just to say I had been there, I reckon.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If you think you know something I don't, come with me to the shop when I go to get my money back

I was concerned whether the inscription had been made part of the knowledge base and wasn't a looters find. Most established UK sellers are pretty good at filtering info back to the scientists.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Ah but would they want to meet you? The very big language barrier, cultural differences and your weird appearence (to them) might cause the meeting to be, er, ah less than successful

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I was concerned whether the inscription had been made part of the knowledge base and wasn't a looters find. Most established UK sellers are pretty good at filtering info back to the scientists.

I bought them in a shop on the corner of Coptic Street (I think) opposite the main entrance to the British Museum several years ago - before the invasion of Iraq (if that's the looting you were concerned about). Sadly, I don't think I will be buying any more.

I have made those closest to me very aware of their importance. I'd hate for them to get lost because no-one knew what they were. I'll probably will them to the museum.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Thanks

(for thinking of willing them)

About 80% of the material from Sumer is in private hands and has never been studied properly or only in the 19th century.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There's a website: ancienttimes.net that may interest you.

(If you don't know about it already). It's old, but still worth a look.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Excellent topic! Thanks Hanslune!
I only have one stop in my time machine,
3000 b.c., Skara Brae!
Upon arrival I smash the time machine to bits and live out my days in peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the linkk Bernike

Broom - you SURE you want to stop at Skara? Cold and wet.

Why there in particular? I understand that the women there were a bit skaggy, the beer rancid and fish was for dinner every night.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Lol! Yeah it would be kinda rough!
I think Skara Brae would be a great starting point for a tour of Briton. And then Europe if I don't get sacrificed and buried in a bog first!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BroonStone

Travel was difficult in those day, instead of 1 to 5 star hotels they rated the rooms by pigs, 1-5, and that stood for how many you shared the hut with. I understand that a 3 pig hatch hut with dirt floor, central health and grass mat wasn't all that bad - and a free grain mush for breakfast. Good stuff unless you got a room with a sicken pig, that can be a bit smelly.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
My husband's theory is: A non - evasive time machine would leave you in your time but your mind would travel through time which would also mean this would be non - invasive time travel.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Yes, Brian Aldiss had a SciFi book where they kinda did that, called Cryptozoic! I believe.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If JC was just a man, I would search for my life's meaning. But I do know via faith that He was no man. He was the God-Man. Faith versus knowledge is something I have struggled with, but have found that faith is what has created much of the knowledge we have today. How do we know that gravity, the wind, and air exist? We can't see them. We can't touch gravity, etc...

Anyway, I would think it would be fun to see the Dark Ages, and write a book about them afterward, with mini-dv cam footage.

Also, the American Revolution would be fun, as would be meeting the founding fathers and getting to the bottom of their meanings in the Constitution.

[align=center]
[/align]

[edit on 13-7-2008 by joesomebody]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody
If JC was just a man, I would search for my life's meaning. But I do know via faith that He was no man. He was the God-Man. Faith versus knowledge is something I have struggled with, but have found that faith is what has created much of the knowledge we have today. How do we know that gravity, the wind, and air exist? We can't see them. We can't touch gravity, etc...

...are you joking? They build things called particle accelerators to actually
see the particles that make up air, gravity and everything else.

Remember, you can never, ever, without any exception KNOW anything at all through faith. You can only believe it, which does not make it true.

Faith has not created any of the knowledge we have today, it actually delayed it for about 500 years. If you had done some research into this subject, you'd know this.

Just because you are sat around in your garden with a beer going "how does this all work then? Gotta be God, innit?" doesn't mean the rest of the human race is as backwards-thinking as you. They have actually got out there and discovered this stuff, then proved it to be true.

Your mini-dvd cam would be non-existent if it wasn't for the people making the discoveries you are so quick to poo-poo, and yet you actually put supersitition on equal footing with knowledge, as if it had any comparable value.

If it weren't for people who got past supersitition, you'd have absoutely none of the wonderful things that allow you to make such ridiculous statements to people on the other side of the Earth, so how about doing some actual, proper research before sitting back and thinking you have it all cracked?

Read this article about the Standard Model. I realise that it is very difficult to understand, unfortunately when you break the universe down into tiny bits, it gets complex, but nothing that requires anything more than faith.

Remember, before you criticise, the brightest minds the human race currently have agree that this is most likely how the universe works. If you think you know better, you don't, you just have superstitions from a few thousand years ago to go on.

I'm not trying to be harsh, and if you want to believe in a nice, beardy invisible man in the sky, go for it, but don't even think about telling me or anyone else that religion is actually a viable method for understanding the universe when it is clearly not!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
blah blah blah

You totally have a skewed view of Christianity. It's not churches, popes, superstition, or "religion." If you say everything came from a big bang, where did the big bang and mass of particles that formed the big bang come from, smart guy? Furthermore, where did energy come from? It hasn't just always existed. Science will never prove any real answers to that question, as everything in that regard is speculation. Currently, science, as well as Creationism and the Hindu belief that the world sits atop an ethereal elephant all have the same merit, to those who have no faith.

I understand the standard model. At the least, it has SOME truths about it. I ask you, where does the energy that makes subatomic particles come from? Where do these particles actually get their properties? Furthermore, what prevents us from traveling through time by ripping a hole in the space/time continuum by manipulating the quantum foam?

I know how things work, I understand science. But what makes intricate parts of living cells work together as they do? They aren't random. Atoms are not randomly thrown together. Their design with protons, neutrons, and the all-important electrons, as well as other subatomic particles are not random occurrences, otherwise there would only be one or two of these random occurrences in existence, thus making all creation impossible. The Bible says God is the beginning and the end, and is Light. These both point to God being a being of energy. Matter is energy, according to Einstein. Energy has to come from somewhere, thus meaning matter, life, and the design of the tiniest subatomic particle to the largest heavenly body has to come from somewhere, as well. I argue this all comes from God, a Creator of all things we comprehend, as well as many we don't.

Science is just our understanding of the things God created, and then the practical use thereof.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by joesomebody]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Howdy CC and Joesomebody

Remember the purpose of this thread. You two smart guys are veering off into religion!

Regards

Hanslune

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Howdy CC and Joesomebody

Remember the purpose of this thread. You two smart guys are veering off into religion!

Regards

Hanslune

Sorry, back to the TARDIS!

Although, I don't have anything to say at the moment.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think a long discussion between you and CC about the big R would be interesting but in the Religion section (is there a religion section?)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I would go back to different points in time at Egypt, take pictures, and take them back to the Egyptologists and laugh at them cause their wrong to think that Egyptions were better than everyone else in that time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join