It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a non-evasive time machine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Which ten periods of time/era/place would you most like to view? I suggest you keep it to before 500 BCE

My choices

1. 3,500 BCE Sumer
2. 3,000 BCE Rise of the Hans along the Yellow River
3. Thera
4. Beringia 15,000 years ago
5. Anse aux meadows
6. Neolithic Egypt, 5,000 BCE
7. 2,500 Cyprus, village of Kalavassos
8. Neanderthal and Homo Sapien interaction
9. 4.5 Million years ago homind
10. 800 BCE Oaxaca

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
    10,500 BC middle east
10,500 BC west indies

10,500 BC north america
10,500 BC asia
    10,500 BC south america
2 days BC bethleham (sp)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What is a Non-Evasive Time Machine?
The only search result I could find for Non-Evasive Time Machine was a discussion of not damaging the Delorian in back to the future by screwing the time machine to the chassis. This was a typo. I should have been non-invasive. Which is to say don't hurt the Delorian with that time machine.

Why must we avoid the recent past?

Why no trips to the future?

I would make an homage to visit Jules Verne, then
I would make a raiding trip. I would go to the Library at Alexandria just prior to it's burning, and steal all of the books.

I would visit the most civilized society in the period just prior to each iceage in the history of the world. No one knows how many times man may have risen and fallen with the turning of the ice ages. No one knows if there were other great societys based on great knowledge now lost.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What is a Non-Evasive Time Machine?

That would mean you could view and hear but not interact – interfere with the time zone you are visiting. Oops I meant non-invasive, thanks for the noting the incorrect English use!

Why must we avoid the recent past? Why no trips to the future?

Ah, this is a site about ancient and lost civilizations.

I would make an homage to visit Jules Verne, then ..[snip]...looting

Hans: That’s why we go non-invasive. Not speaking French would make following around a middle age French bureaucrat not THAT interesting to me but I understand your reasoning.

I would visit the most civilized society in the period just prior to each iceage in the history of the world. No one knows how many times man may have risen and fallen with the turning of the ice ages. No one knows if there were other great societys based on great knowledge now lost.

Hans: Yep that is all good speculation. We do have a hint (based on no evidence of these civilizations) that they may not have existed.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

Howdy Tricky

You seem interested in the Neolithic! If all the ideas about 10,500 are wrong you're going to get a belly full of it!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Last night I was thinking that a good thing would be to sit out in space and take pictures, one or two for each year, of sun spots.
If we had a record of sun spots going back a million years, we might be able to figure out a good model, to make good predictions of future trends.
We night be able to stop worrying or know to worry more.
I happen to think sun spots might be the key to climate change.
It would be something good to know.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
130,000-120,000BC.

Aka the origin of the "fallen angels", aka, the nephilim, aka, the anuniki... time period. I'd also like to trace how this effected cycles of time.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Howdy Tricky

You seem interested in the Neolithic! If all the ideas about 10,500 are wrong you're going to get a belly full of it!
LOL how bout that but thats the point I have no expectations on what I would see,however seeing a mamoth and sabertooth cat in person would be kinda cool dont ya think

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

True any visit to the past would be great interesting. I remember a friend of mine who specialized in skin disease wanting to go back and see what type of acne the Cro-Magnon* might have had.

*the old terminalogy of course

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Give me a TARDIS and a sonic screwdriver, and I'd do it all...Jesus birth, death, resurrection, Pompeii, Alexandria, etc...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Is it looting if it were about to be burned?

You will notice that I did not suggest we kidnap the greats of history just a moment before they were about to die suddenly. Enslaving them for our amusement and unnaturally preserving them in a Zoo Of The Great.

I prefer to think it would be preservaton. If you prefer, your team could step in, loot, photocopy, and return the loot a second after it was taken, to be burned up moments later.

Now more questions for you: Why no interaction?
Aside from the hypothetical time line alteration.

If you could assure that there was not alteration, would you hold that rule, and why?

If changing the future is your answer, then what is wrong with that, surely it has not happened yet. How can you alter that which is not yet written?

How can you disregard the potential that you were supposed to alter the course of the future in the natural course of it's development?
We alter the future in every moment of the present.

In fact how can you be certain that an integral part of the past was not your tampering with it, and that you have irrevocably altered the past by not interacting as you were supposed to have?

As you can see I do not accept presumptions easily. Please think of it as a challenge from the devil's advocate.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
1. 15 billion years ago. would add much resolve as to how the universe came about.

2. the birth of Jesus. for more resolve

3. the garden of Eden. nudist always fascinate me.

4. Egypt during the plagues. for more resolve

5. ancient Sumerian. I would like to see the invention of the battery.

6. Atlantis

7. the entire exodus. once again more resolve

8. the invention of kung fu. as I love the art. have many movies.

9. when the wheel was made. just think it might be neat to see how it came about

10. when fire was harnessed...

[edit on 15pmu112007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

You will note I didn't mention any religious events for observation. What would be the effect on your faith if you went back to that time period and found that JC was just a normal human, wise, but human?

Dalegribble - if you are talking about the Baghdad battery that was a different time and different civilization

Cyberian - I put in non-invasive to avoid all the points you are bringing up. I'm more interested in what eras people are interested in.

I'm seeing greater interest in pseudo theory and religion, than historical events - which is about normal I guess!

[edit on 9/7/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I would have to start with only one, because I might end up changing my mind after that because of what I had seen. I'll have to give some thought to the one though.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Adaptation could be on the fly of course. I suspect that a lot of people interested in religion and pseudo targets might alter their targets after a few failed events.

Of course if a pseudo event or religious event turned out as real then that would have an altering affect too - mainly in the real world trying not to be killed by all the other cults and religions!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
One thing I would love to do would be take a newspaper a bottle of beer and a boba fett action figure put it in a stone jar and hide it in the that sealed shaft in the great pyramid while its being built.Then come back to my time line to see if they found it

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hi Hans,

Go ahead and shoot. Once I got started, I couldn't stop. I want to see it all.

1. 65,000,000 years ago: to see the Chicxulub impact occur and the aftereffects.

2. 6,000,000 years ago: to see Argentavis Magnificens in flight.

3. 195,000 years ago: to see the people of Omo Kibish, Ethiopia while they were still alive.

4. 74,000 years ago: to see the Mt. Toba eruption and its effects up close.

5. 9500 BC: to see Gobekli Tepe during its construction.

6. 9000 BC: to see the Pulli Settlement during its construction.

7. 6900 BC: to see Atlit Yam, Israel while it was above the surface.

8. 3300 BC: to see the passage tombs of Newgrange, Ireland being constructed.

9. 3100 BC: to see the settlement of Skara Brae, Orkney, Scotland.

10. C.2750 - 2900 BC: to see the regional flood that occurred at Shuruppak, Iraq.

11. 2600 BC: to see the start of Mohenjo Daro, Pakistan

12. C.2100 BC: to see the Gojoseon Kingdom of Korea.

13. 2000 BC: To see the people and setup of the Shofukuji Site, Kurume City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan

14. 1628 BC: to watch the explosion and after effects of the Santorini eruption.

15. C.1200 BC: to see what really happened at Troy.

Some dates I'm a little more sure of than others.

cormac

[edit on 9-7-2008 by cormac mac airt]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Good list Cormac!

1. 65,000,000 years ago: to see the Chicxulub impact occur and the aftereffects.

I might add that one to my list - although I tend to concentrate on human history

2. 6,000,000 years ago: to see Argentavis Magnificens in flight.

Got me on this one - I'll have to go look it up as I have no idea what it is! I presume a large bird?

Went and looked that up

Yep one big chicken I'd say

2000 BC: To see the people and setup of the Shofukuji Site, Kurume City, Fukuoka Prefecture, Japan

This is an interesting one too as I know little about it...dang more research. Must learn to do without sleep

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Hello again Hans,

Here's a link for you. Enjoy!!

Shofukuji Site

Another animal I'd like to see in real life is a Megaloceros. The Irish Elk.

cormac

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
1. C. 13 billion years ago creation of the universe

2. C. 4.5 billion years ago creation of earth

3. 9500 BCE atlantis

4. C. 2500 BCE Giza to see who realy built the pyramids

5. 33 AD Jerulelim (spelling)

6. 1421 america to see Zheng He arrive

7. July 7 1947 Roswell

8. November 22 1963 Dealy plaza

the over two coises id go back and watch roswell twice cause that would be awsome

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join