It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Odd Dreams... Can any explain them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have the same dreams about 5 out of 7 days each week and at a loss to explain them. I am hoping that someone out there can shed some light on this for me.

It first starts when I close my eyes. I see visions or images from my past that go by very fast. My old house, school, and similar places from my past. Then I find myself being held by my ankles and being spun around extremely quickly. I am facing up and looking up at the spinning sky. I am too scared to look at just who it is that is spinning me because I know if I look I will be scared to death by what I see. I have never looked.

The only other thing I can tell you is that the spinning sensation is VERY real. It has even made me sick.

After spinning me for a few minutes I am let go and I am now flying through the air backwards and face up as I was. Faster and faster until I think I can take it no longer and then... I am in a normal dream.

Its as if the guy, or whatever it is, spinning me throws me into my dream.

Its not that this scares me that much... I just find it so darn peculiar is all. Does anyone have any idea why this is ocurring to me? It has been going on for years now.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
...you need to look down...

...as scary as that may feel for you - looking down is an act of strength that will build strength. Fearing whatever *it* is merely serves to keep you on the backfoot - or the spinning one as the case may be...

...say yourself a lil prayer (if you hold a belief in that) or centre yourself by whatever method you are comfortable with...and look down...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just have a few good night's sleep, your subconscious will come back into touch....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You might even be scared to look only to find no one is actually spinning you.

Sounds like precursor to OBE. The "spinning" as you call it, may be nothing more than the "vibrations" that other people sometimes feel before it happens.

I envy you a bit actually. hehe Been trying to consciously OBE for a few years now with no luck. Came close once and felt those vibes. It freaked me out at first. My hubby was on his computer at the time and I was laying down on the couch nearby having an afternoon nap when this occured. After it happened I asked him if I moved in my sleep at all and he said no. But from my perspective and what I experienced, it felt like I was being electrocuted. Lots of buzzing sensations and an "electric" feel to it. Difficult to put into words.

Check out this Treatise on Astral Projection. At the very least just read it, even if you don't believe in it.

www.astraldynamics.com...

Another good one is Robert Monroe. Well he's dead now but wrote three great books.

"Journeys out of the Body"
"Far Journeys"
"Ultimate Journey"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've had similar recurring dreams and the only way to break the cycle is to face upto that which you fear. Something is obviously worrying you, so I would suggest next time you have the same dream, look at what is holding your ankles. I'm sure if you face up to whoever is holding your ankles, it will empower you and you'll feel better for having done it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo
I have the same dreams about 5 out of 7 days each week and at a loss to explain them. I am hoping that someone out there can shed some light on this for me.

It first starts when I close my eyes. I see visions or images from my past that go by very fast. My old house, school, and similar places from my past. Then I find myself being held by my ankles and being spun around extremely quickly. I am facing up and looking up at the spinning sky. I am too scared to look at just who it is that is spinning me because I know if I look I will be scared to death by what I see. I have never looked.

The only other thing I can tell you is that the spinning sensation is VERY real. It has even made me sick.

After spinning me for a few minutes I am let go and I am now flying through the air backwards and face up as I was. Faster and faster until I think I can take it no longer and then... I am in a normal dream.

Its as if the guy, or whatever it is, spinning me throws me into my dream.

Its not that this scares me that much... I just find it so darn peculiar is all. Does anyone have any idea why this is ocurring to me? It has been going on for years now.

I would have to say on first synopsis that this dream that you are having maybe one of a personal day to day nature of your own issues that you need to address, ie; not being able to want to see the "whatever it is" that is spinning you around etc.
I would have to say that it all may be to do with the situation you may be currently in inn your life now and feeling like external factors are making you loose control and wishing for the better memories of your past which were more predictable and conducive to your peace of mind maybe?. The solution maybe as simple as logically and consciously confronting the person or whatever is spinning you around and loosing your peace of mind, which is simply a metaphor of your subconcious minds syntax

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Although I have never looked... I have always felt it was the devil. Maybe one of these time I can get the strength to do that... but in a dream state it is hard because you don't know what you will do. I will try though! Thanks for the comment.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redled

As good as that sounds this has been going on for over a year now... so I don't know what is causing it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ceara

Thanks Ceara for that. I will definately check it out. I studied astral projection a bit about 20 years ago, but it sounded a bit dangerous leaving your body unprotected. Even if you do put one of those safety circle thingys around you... that just tells me that there IS a danger involved and I would rather just leave well enough alone.... although visiting my ex-wife to see what she is up to these years does sound interesting! I wonder if anyone has ever astro-projected into the white house and listened to what was going on there?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I've had similar recurring dreams and the only way to break the cycle is to face upto that which you fear. Something is obviously worrying you, so I would suggest next time you have the same dream, look at what is holding your ankles. I'm sure if you face up to whoever is holding your ankles, it will empower you and you'll feel better for having done it.

I am definately going to try to face what is spinning me... if I can. I am now awake and want to do it... but when I am asleep that is a whole other thing. We'll just have to see what happens. Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

The biggest thing that has happened in my life in the past year was losing my $21 an hour job (company was bought out) and now working a stupid $7.25 an hour job. Also my wife had gastric bypass and they blew a 6 inch hole in her esophygus and she died twice on the table. They had to break a rib to save her and punctured her lung. Now she lives in terrible pain until we can afford the $50,000 for the operation to sever her nerve ganglia that is causing all the pain when the broke her rib.

I guess that is a lot. Also I have been very concerned about my religious life. Am I living a good life or will I go to hell... that sort of thing.

I'm just telling you all this so maybe something will give someone an idea about the dream.

Thanks to all for answering... I really appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your wife, as well as your own problems. I sincerely hope your wife gets well and everything else turns out for the best.

I wouldn't worry about going to hell. I personally don't believe in hell, but the fact that you worry about whether you lead a good life or not proves that you have a conscience. So you obviously care which is a good thing. Think positive!

[edit on 11-11-2008 by kindred]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Usually we know deep inside what our dreams are about. You say that you fear it is the devil spinning you, and you are afraid to look. Are you afraid you will see yourself? It is strange how our dreams will reflect our inner fears in the most bizarre ways. I had a period of time when I was going through some deep depression and had a bought of hoarding. My house was in terrible shape and I didn't let anyone come over. I had dreams that I was hiding dead bodies from the FBI. I knew what the dreams were really about.
If you are having spiritual troubles why not visit the clergy? It never hurts to talk to a pastor or priest, depending on your faith. I doubt you are living a bad life. I wish you luck. You may have already gotten through this since this is a few months old. I hope some relief is in sight, at least.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Feelings of having your life spinning out of control...was the very first thing that hit me. Before I'd even read more of your entries.

We are naturally frightened of things we cannot control.

To win you have to let go.

Visualize the beginning stage where you are dangling and spinning...make yourself lookup - and visualize yourself holding you and spinning you.

I am betting you'll stop spinning.

From there you have two choices:

1) Visualize yourself lifting yourself up where you feel safe.
2) Visualize yourself wanting to be let go, so you can free fall and visualize how amazing it would be to soar.

Either way you will take control. Even if only in this wee area of life

I was agoraphobic (still am) and when I was suffering worst and couldn't leave my house for three years...I would have recurrent dreams of being in basements...trapped and unable to find my way back home.

When I started therapy (ooooh) the dreams changed and suddenly doors were appearing all through the basements and I could pick and choose which one I wanted to go into.

Pretty sure I OOB'd during many of these (there's an old thread of mine here detailing it somewhere in the bowels of ATS old threads).

The only thing in this life we can truly control is ourselves, and it's not so bad.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Recurrence, flying, and dread. Those are all pretty common themes in everybody's dreams.

Though I'm genuinely intrigued on what your dreams signify, and I can't speculate on what they mean, I just wanted to point that out.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The most recurring dream I have is that I'm back in college and late for my next class. I'm running from one building to another, up and down the stairs, through the hallways, but I can't find the right classroom. It feels like a total lack of control.

Anybody else had a dream like that? It's probably fairly common.

new topics

top topics

join