It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Economy To Be World's Biggest in 2035: Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

China's Economy To Be World's Biggest in 2035: Study

www.breitbart.com

China's economy will overtake that of the United States by 2035 and be twice its size by midcentury, a study released Tuesday by a US research organization concluded.
The report by economist Albert Keidel of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace said China's rapid growth is driven by domestic demand more than exports, and will sustain high single-digit growth rates well into the 21st century.

"China's economic performance clearly is no flash in the pan," Keidel writes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I can't help but think this wouldn't be the case if we didn't have endless idiotic policies (outsourcing, wars) sending most of our capital out of the country. But on the course we've been on for the past several years, I'm not sure it's going to take till 2035 for them to surge past as an the economic superpower.

"Its growth this decade has averaged more than 10 percent a year and is still going strong in the first half of 2008. Because its success in recent decades has not been export-led but driven by domestic demand, its rapid growth can continue well into the 21st century, unfettered by world market limitation."

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Theoretically, that's supposed to happen.

But in reality, I think something catastrophic will keep that from happening. It's all heading towards the United Nations as the next world power. (At least, that's what I get from biblical scriptures...)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You know, when clothes shopping, as much as I stare at an outfit that is two sizes too small, I'll never fit into it. As much as one might not like China to be economically the biggest, it probably will happen, and all the wishing and hoping and thinking and praying about it won't change the fact.

It's kind of like when a little brother you've been beating up on grows up bigger than you. Makes sense to change the relationship. America needs a big leader and not necessarily the biggest budget. We need that big leader now to give us a vision of what is possible in the future, not an explanation for what has been done in the past.

We need to live without fear. Fear of someone else being bigger and better. We just need to be our best. Bullies and wimps live in fear of someone being bigger and better. We need to be better than a bully and stronger than a wimp. It is only when we live our best, that we will be a world leader.

top topics

join