It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out this rave documentary

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
and who can forget Altern8!!

Part of this video was shot outside a nightclub in Sheffield UK(I think) Where they just kind of turned up in the carpark at close time,with a massive truck and a sound system. (the sample "they're going mad!" was the news reporter. The origional clip from that can be skanked from this website hardcorewillneverdie.com... I think,from that page somewhere. I have the audio of it on my puter if anyone wants to upload it.

And for historys sake,the biggest illegal rave was held at Castle Morten in 1992. Spiral tribe kind of crashed a smaller rave and turned it into a huge festival. It was mentioned on the 6oclock news,which was basicly free adertisement. It went on for 2 weeks
'ave it!!!

Edit cos I forgot the video. Top one,nice one,get sorted

[edit on 17/7/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Castle Morton* (misspelt from last post)

we say house is a feeling!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Synthetic circus do a once a year thing in London. This is last years,set to some sketchy eurotek

(I can vouch that they didn't play much of this style,that I remember,but then........
)

Some dude fell off the thames wall,silly bugger fell asleep on top of the wall,and rolled off the wrong way. Ambulances and police came to shut down the party

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
basicly,London still does it EVERY weekend. But,the parties are dark and full of sketchy people. Lots of crackhead gangs muggin people off. If you want a decent party these days,head out west of the UK,or into Wales. (forget Norfolk aswell,they like to riot with the police too much) And I'm sorry to the Norfolk crew,cos when stuff like the brains kan parties go off,I know they're wicked. But stuff like this isn't cool.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks for joining the party I will check out those links and those movies very soon.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I never left the party,I think someone spiked my drink,i woke up behind the speakers.

And thanks to you,I just spent the last hour or so checking out illegal rave videos on youtube
(nice one,I enjoyed it)

This one's for memory lane. 1989 the summer of love M25 parties.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Tribe of Munt.
www.tribeofmunt.org

Both times that I've tried to get to one of their parties,they got busted before I got there.

dirty babylon,dirty babylon,think they can stop the party with a injunction.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
and before I go downstairs to veg out for abit. Here's a link to a massive ammount of music from the squatjuice mp3 archive. www.squatjuice.com...

lots of music from the rave scene,new and old. All genres. Tuck in

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm still rooting through youtube

You can have one more,but only cos I loves ya. (and cos I'm a moderator on this guys website)

Mark EG,doing what Mark EG does best.

he's had that same haircut for at least 15 years

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And just to show that London still 'as it large. This is from an illegal party in Park Royal.

that's just 1 sound system,there would have been many more scattered through out the building.

right,gonna post up some more dj sets. Otherwise I'm just gonna reminise over Helter Skelter and dreamscape videos. why isn't it 15 years ago again!!!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I would probably enjoy these alot more if I did not have the aroma of a shape shifting alien in my house.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok I think the replicator is takeing a break.

www.megaupload.com...

01 - Boriqua Tribez - Punto - Stanny Franssen Remix
02 - Boriqua Tribez - Spastic
03 - Ben Sims vs Mark Williams - Untitled

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson
I would probably enjoy these alot more if I did not have the aroma of a shape shifting alien in my house.
I'm probably going to regret asking this,but....What does a shape shifting reptilian smell like? Just so I can recognise one in the future,like

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson
I'm probably going to regret asking this,but....What does a shape shifting reptilian smell like? Just so I can recognise one in the future,like
send me an email and i will tell you

[email protected]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kick Mike

Here's a bunch of good trance sets I found before I stumbled on this thread.
http//:suzysolar.com/music/

Interesting reading with nice videos. I'm almost 40 and before trance or anything, the only electronica and keyboards was Pink Floyd "One of these days" 1971 and the short piece off 1973 Dark Side Of the Moon, the loopy piece before "Time". May even be one of the very first trance works. Very innovative stuff at the time. I remember hearing it and thought, this is the most awesome thing I've ever heard. It's also not long enough.

Then there was Kraftwerk, released first album in Nov. 1970. Not trance or techno, but paved the way. The world was not used to an all electronic band, and many hated it. Mike Oldfield and Brian Eno were experimenting as well.

King Tubby (Dub) was another over-looked innovator. Get back to your roots and search King Tubby on Youtube and listen to what they were doing in 1973. Also Disco came along and introduced the drum loops and down beat with rolling bass lines. It also introduced the "DJ". Now the birth of electronica and dance music is made.
Again, none of these groups are trance or techno, but they are the god-fathers and helped pave the way.
Not much happening as disco died off in the late 70's and early 80's, until the German/Belgian NewBeat scene finally took us where we are today.
When I began spinning in 88 or 89, most all my vinyl was from Europe. Alot of Razormaid (they spliced recording tape using razor blades for re-mixes, hence the name) Waxx Trax and New Zone record labels.
My first line up consisted of:
Edwards & Armani -Acid Drill
F.O.G. -Electricity
101 -Rock to the Beat
A Split Second -Colosseum Crash/Mambo Witch
Fatal Error-Fatal Error
Klangwerk -Die Kybernauten part 2
Section 25 -Looking from a Hilltop
Tragic Error -Tanzen/ Klatsche in die Hande
SA-42/Signal About 42 -Caranval Plastic Acid Mix
Taste of Sugar -Hmm Hmm
Public Relation -Eighty Eight
Konzept -Hypnautic Beats razormaid ambient 1990 mix
Tribantura -Lack of Sense razormaid mix

Plus many more. These were among the very best tracks at the time. All the above is on YouTube and I recommend you hear them all. I did prefer darker more serious/intelligent tracks unlike Dead or Alive and the other gay bands the clubs would drop at the time. Yellow or New Order. I was ahead of my time and nobody liked my selection, I was asked to stop on many occasions. And have been run out of places for clearing the dance floor. Nobody was ready for my rack. Not only did people not like my music, it pissed them off. It wasn't easy then, I thought I was bringing the masses the latest in cutting edge music, and all the above is still too much for most folks.

These days I'm into Zany and DV8 or Donkey Rollers. I'll always love good Drum and Bass. Anyone remember early 90's Jungle? Wow, that was awful.
Also look for "Hong Kong Trash-Down the River" still a great track, Temple of the dream jaguar is good too. Older, but good tracks if you never heard them.
TeXasRaVeR Houston Tx

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybach Hanson

By the way, I was there at the Transit party. Took 4 or 5 hours to get in with a line around the Astro Arena. Best Houston party ever. It was also the beginning of the end for Houston rave scene. All major news channels were in the parking lot the next morning. For weeks after event, all they talked about here was drug use and how can we as a society let this happen? So it got to where the City of Houston would jack the promoters around when issuing a permit. Basically Houston wouldn't issue the permits to hold these large parties, thus the Houston scene died.
I really hate living in a redneck state. Most here like #ry and western. This is not an open minded place to live. Europe has a much better scene. Electronica, raves, parties, it almost took off huge here. Pretty quiet around here these days. Really sad now....I hate it here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join