It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding head syndrome

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have recently experienced high pitched sounds in my head and paralysis at the same time. These would only last about 14 seconds of which afterwards I would feel really shocked and quite scared. Even after a few experiences, a certain fear would remain for seconds until a fading occurred. I have read some information on this subject and barely anything can solve this. Anybody else suffer this condition?

- Zomb

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
did your head explode as in all the guts came out?

Then this is not exploding head syndrome there is no such thing.

I have experienced the high pitch noise and it left me scared- Where was your paraysis?
I did not experience that.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieZom
I have recently experienced high pitched sounds in my head and paralysis at the same time.

- Zomb

Have you been listening to Jimmy Somerville while smoking skunk?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i think you may need to smoke the skunk. this happens to me occasionally and it goes away. i would say just relax and chill, maybe something is stressing you out and is causing it, no idea though, best of luck. namaste.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I get EHS, it's not like that though, i hear LOUD explosions usually when falling to sleep, very shocking with reverb too, i haven't had 'em for a couple of years now though....touch wood

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hit the nail on the head with the tittle, suprised a google search didnt bring this up

EXPLODING HEAD SYNDROME
A condition in which people hear a colossal explosion in their head accompanied by blinding flashes of light just as they fall off to sleep. first described in the late 1980's, its cause remains unknown, althogh it is beleived to be related to stress.

HYPNOPOMIA
A condition effecting around 40% of people, in which they wake up but cannot move. Often accompanied with dream-like effects and feeling of dread; Researchers suspect it may explain reports of visitations by ghosts.

Credit goes to BBC Focus Science and technology monthly (Subscribe as its the best mag ever)

Reading the tittle I thought to myself where have I read that before or is it just de ja vu.

Think you need to relax a bit more.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You might consider being tested for mini strokes. Periodic very high blood presure can cause this. Do you have minor headaches after these episodes? vision trouble? You don't have to be retirement age to have the problem.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You need to get rid of the old Slim Whitman recordings. They are a danger!

Once you verify that there is no Slim Whitman tune in audible range, you should don a protective cap, made from any form of metal, which will provide faraday cage for your head to protect from Govt mind control weapons which may be aimed at you. If you do not have such a cap. One can quickly be fashoned from tin foil. The next best alternative is to wrap your head in at least three inches of wet towel. This will absorb any microwave radiation.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieZom

Man, I don't want you to worry, but I really think you should see a neurologist ASAP. It could be an ischemic incident, what they call a "mini stroke".
As I said, don't worry. Relax, but do see a neurologist soon.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
High pitched sounds could be attributed to Tinitus although I've never head of it causing paralysis before ... Random question but does this happen when you're awake or asleep/in bed?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by phoenix_zephyr]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by phoenix_zephyr]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
First you need to have your doctor check you out.

About the paralysis... do you mean sleep paralysis? when you're sort of awake, trying to wake up, but you can't come fully awake, or move? Give us more specific details.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Damn, thought i was going to get an explanation for why parts of my brain used to feel like they were crackling.

Damn you!

p.s; i'd put that fear down to not knowing what was physically going on inside your head.

One more thing; You said you experienced high-pitch ringing noises.

This means it is affecting your sensory organs, not your actual mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by theukman

HYPNOPOMIA
A condition effecting around 40% of people, in which they wake up but cannot move.

It's a shame there isn't worded as "Where they wake up, but find it extremily difficult to move".

Sounds kinda like self-inflicted hypnosis except as an extremity of it.

Think i might check this one out, thanks man.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
EXPLODING HEAD SYNDROME
A condition in which people hear a colossal explosion in their head accompanied by blinding flashes of light just as they fall off to sleep. first described in the late 1980's, its cause remains unknown, althogh it is beleived to be related to stress.

You would think they could come up with a more...proper name for this...

And yes, sometimes it happens if a blood vessel breaks in your head so get up and make sure you are alright, talk to yourself, make sure everything works, including your speech and your limbs. Stay up for a few minutes before retiring.
Its happened to me several times, i just never heard it called "that"

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by karata

It is exactly as you describe it. My brain seems to feel awake. I try to move my body, it never budges until about 15 seconds later. After that, i normally have palpitations and feel quite shocked.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

It happens after i have fallen asleep. Suddenly i sort of awaken in my head hearing really, really loud high pitched sound. Whilst that is occurring, I immediately try to move but nothing happens at all. The only thing I can control is my breathing.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieZom
It happens after i have fallen asleep.

Sounds like that could be sleep paralysis to me, experienced that twice before, scared the hell out of me. Felt like there was something/someone in the room with me the first time, whether there was or whether it was a product of the sleep paralysis I'll never know

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

if you haven't experienced this then your a fool to say, if it does or does not exsist. I have experienced this and it does exsist. Being ignorant does not give you a PH.d.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Sounds like sleep paralysis, I get the high pitched sounds in my head when I hit sleep paralysis, usually it means you're close to having an OBE.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've experienced this several times. I find it very interesting that it's noted to first be described in the late 1980's. What else first started around then? Mainstream cellular networks. I have a theory that electromagnetic radiation may be the cause of this. I watched a documentary that showed a graph of EM radiation rises from the 90's to '09. The increase is insane.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by unityemissions]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join