It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Cloaking/Invisable Camo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That guy in the rain coat, he looks like Solid Snake from the opeining cinema in Metal Gear Solid 2. Solid Snake had a stealth suit. I can see it being very possible.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
That guy in the rain coat, he looks like Solid Snake from the opeining cinema in Metal Gear Solid 2. Solid Snake had a stealth suit. I can see it being very possible.

Oh yeah. And then he broke it! What a jerk. That would have saved me a good 45 minutes of sneaking and killing guards.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I am sorry, but that picture looks so fake. I can think of a dozen reasons based on simple laws of optics why the image depicted in that picture can't be real.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
I am sorry, but that picture looks so fake. I can think of a dozen reasons based on simple laws of optics why the image depicted in that picture can't be real.

it may look fake, but you know wut? IT is real, i have read the report and the data seems conclusive, it is real i've seen it while doing a project on stealth, for some reason cloak came up.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Article on:

www.usatoday.com...

Looks pretty good, doesn't it?

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yah man, that jacket is real...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
From the USA today article above,

For the best effect � one that keeps the correct depth of focus � the observer needs to look through a pinhole.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was watching a interview with a military contractor/developer CEO and he told of a few US generals who were at a private showing of the movie "Predator."

According the the CEO, after the movie was over, one general was really taken with the cloaking ability of the enemy alien and said "we need something like that!" Supposedly, that was the impetus to get the US military to look into "cloaking" possibilities.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I was watching a interview with a military contractor/developer CEO and he told of a few US generals who were at a private showing of the movie "Predator."

According the the CEO, after the movie was over, one general was really taken with the cloaking ability of the enemy alien and said "we need something like that!" Supposedly, that was the impetus to get the US military to look into "cloaking" possibilities.

Hahahah, thats freaking hillarious. Let me say that Predator is a great f'in movie.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
you just can't make stuff like that up!

I agree that Predator is a great move....just wait until Predator vs. Alien comes out this summer!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
hehe, intelligent, cloaking alien meets sharp, agile, scary a**, quick, flexible, double mouthed, no counscience wut so ever alien.

Im with predator.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is a very real and rapidly advancing technology in the military.
A close associate of mine at work has had dealings with this area of technology. And like many of you probably would do, I told him I was tired of hearing him saying vague things like, "You just wouldn't believe it, blah blah blah..."

So in response he got more specific, and now I find myself thinking he probably shouldn't have told me because now my only responsible reply to those who ask is just like his...
A very vague but knowing, "You wouldn't believe it..."

It's of course not Star Trek Klingon "cloaking", and it's not interdimensional travel as eluded to by the Philadelphia Experiment myths... but through use of technology similar to that used in plasma screens.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
No doubt about it the technology is real. Several companies are developing flexible displays for many different purposes and one of those are clothing. It doesn't take too much thought to see that a few well placed cameras along with clothing that displays the image of the cameras can be at the very least a step ahead of camoflauge clothing.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
For the last time NavalSpecWar whatever, you are not a Navy SEAL. Please remove that custom line immediately, before something bad happens. I personally take offense to that, and for good reason. I went through the training.

Moderator... Can we do something about this?

Mr. M

[Edited on 15-3-2004 by StarChild]

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
news.nationalgeographic.com...

One of camouflage concepts

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I was talking to Chuck one day about the governments cloaking devices. He told me of one day he was out looking for arrowheads or something and he heard the sound of a jet. So he looked up and saw two of them, which caught his interest, because out around area 51 the only real reason of there being a second jet would be to track the other jet for tests or something. So he kept an eye on the first jet, and all of a sudden it started to flicker, and then it just went invisible. He said the only way he could tell it was there, was because of the second jet trailing behind, and there was a slight distortion, or outline, of the first jet. He did say that he had his camera with him, but didnt take a picture due to the fact that it wouldnt show up on film. That would be so kewl to see...or not see rather

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Who is chuck and what does he do?

Ok back to reality, that was probably the aircraft's physical stealth system turning on. The flicker meant a sudden change in the environment on top of the object's surface.

And it did not go invisible, it cloaked, and it is not camoflauge.

And the way it cloaked is not a bio-cloak, meaning it is artificial and can sustain damage and cannot repair itself.

To me, the technology required to repair cloak would be amazing because what would be the foundations for the cloak would be nanobots. Plus when we have the technology to fix cloak, we have the technology to fix damage to aircraft, allowing us to build the first of a long series of aircruisers and other floating warships, possibly even space battlecruisers.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I saw the Discovery Channel show that has been talked about, and evidently I was the only one that was paying attention when they said that this was only a demonstration of what it WOULD be like....the EMP bomb dropped from the helicopter, the "cloaked" snipers, the "cloaked" Bradley, it was all just "smoke and mirrors" done for the show

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Years ago I had a friend that worked for a Government contractor, which the company was working on numerous projects. One of the projects that the company was working on (not working on at HIS site, but at another site) was what you all are attempting to describe.

He described it to me in short, as he claimed to have overheard two Army generals discussing over lunch one day in a board room:

The 'cloaking' technology, built into a suit, is meant to BEND LIGHTWAVES. In the stage of development that it was in at the time of my hearing it, it worked only in shadows. It literally bent light waves, making the area around the wearer DARKER in shadow. The closest thing I could imagine to this appeared in the recent video game Splinter Cell, in which Sam Fisher is supposed to be wearing one of these (although they don't bring attention to it)-- which, if you've played the game, lends credibility to the fact that he can sit in a dark corner of a bright room and not be seen (something that is HARDLY achieveable in real life). In essence, it highly decreased visibility in shadows.

The other noteworthy element of the overheard conversation, was that during the first gulf war, supposedly our armed forces had a couple of these being tested in the field, and apparently had gotten one of these in the same room as Saddam, though taking out Saddam at that point would have completely blown the cover of the operative and, most likely, would have resulted in the retiring of the operative and the recovery of such an expensive piece of equipment by the enemy.

I enforce the fact that this is hearsay-- although as described to me (and as accurately as I can, relayed to you all) it seemed highly feeseable.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I saw the exact same documentary on the History Channel or something. Man I would love to have a V12 Vanquish that can turn invisible. Also I don't think that the Philidelphia Project came out so well to say the least. I feel that it might be possible if we could some how bend light. Who knows maybe super strong magnets could have an effect, artificial gravity could also be a possibility. But yeah just think with that technology the NSA's Third Ecelon could get all sorts of info leaks under control. I suspect that Third Ecelon or those other top secret agencys to do with conspiricys have something to do with it. Because just imagine with funding for education so low that money has to go some were top secret.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join