It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't the Soviet Union land a man on the moon?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Originally posted by Nohup
Are we absolutely sure they didn't? I wouldn't put it past them Commies to have landed a couple of guys on it, only to have them die there and not tell anybody.

Back in the day there were rumours that up to five cosmonaughts had died in orbit or during re-entry, only rumours, but no smoke without fire, anyway, perhaps that discouraged the Soviets from going to the moon?

There were such rumors of 'secret deaths' [two were acknowledged, in 1967 and 1971] and an intrepid international band of amateur 'space sleuths' dug into them, and over the years determined they were baseless. A fascinating new book has just been published, chronicling their decades-long invesigations and successes.

Cold War Space sleuths – The Untold Secrets of the Soviet Space Program.
Dominic Phelan, editor // Springer – Praxis, New York, copyright 2013

www.springer.com...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357069940&sr=1-1&keywords=dominic+phelan

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rabmal

They did land a man on the moon. In fact, America never landed a man on the moon (there's overwhelming proof, even a NASA astronaut came out and said the lunar photos were taken on a stage).

The Russians landed not one, but four men on the moon, somewhere between 1958-1962. These cosmonauts were promised a safe return, but when they landed on the "sea of Moscow", mission control informed them they couldn't bring them back. They stayed on that moon for 4 months. Their space craft was solar powered.

Espionage was alive and well between the USA and USSR during the cold war. An American spy probably found out that Russia landed men on the moon, but couldn't bring them back and realized if they couldn't, America didn't have a chance in hell; thus pulling off a billion dollar movie series called the "Apollo moon landings".

Russia nodded at America's fakery, knowing full well they didn't land a man on the moon. Why would Russia just give up? Clearly, Russia has already gone to the moon. Even if Russia knew America's moon landings were fake, this would give them even more incentive to go to the moon; HOWEVER, they already went and know they don't have the technology or perhaps even the money, to give cosmonauts a safe return home.

It's saddening the USSR didn't commemorate the death of their own cosmonauts. They died tragically in the vacuum of space (the moon has no atmosphere). Imagine being the last cosmonaut to die? Just tragic. They may have been mummified, or if they were within their space suits, decomposed.

The USSR wiped these brave, heroic men from history and may have also executed their families to conceal the truth.
edit on 13-10-2016 by Hudaemcmora because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hudaemcmora

In fact, America never landed a man on the moon (there's overwhelming proof, even a NASA astronaut came out and said the lunar photos were taken on a stage).

OK. Could you please provide the a link to that? Or even just tell us which astronaut said that, and I could look it up myself. Thanks.

The Russians landed not one, but four men on the moon, somewhere between 1958-1962. These cosmonauts were promised a safe return, but when they landed on the "sea of Moscow", mission control informed them they couldn't bring them back. They stayed on that moon for 4 months. Their space craft was solar powered.

What did they use for power during the two continuous weeks of darkness that they would have needed to endure? In fact, that would have happened four times in four months (four stretches of total darkness lasting 2 weeks at a time).

Also, the "Sea of Moscow" is on the far side of the Moon. What method did they use to communicate with Earth? Was there some way they could relay messages from the far side to Earth? I suppose they could have done that (used a relay station in Lunar orbit), but do you have details about it?

One more thing: The N1 rocket never had a fully successful launch. Without the N1, what rocket did they use to get that heavy equipment (a manned landing craft and four months of human consumables) that far?

edit on 2016-10-13 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The 'Sea of Moscow', more properly the Mare Moscoviense, is on the far side of the Moon. It permanently faces away from Earth. Radio signals from Earth are blocked by the body of the Moon. How was it that 'mission control' informed the cosmonauts, after they landed, that they could not be returned to Earth?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm glad you're interested and asked many questions, allow me to answer:

1. Astronaut Dr. Brian O' Leary -- I could even point you to undeniable evidence the Apollo missions were fake.

2. The battery that they used to store such solar energy has the lifespan of two weeks under darkness. They can lengthen it by switching it to reserve power which also consumes solar energy. They had the ability to conserve.

3. Remember Sputnik? They needed an orbital around the earth. Which means, the USSR launched an unmanned orbital into space beforehand to receive such frequencies. If it were not for that, the signals would not get passed earth's dense atmosphere. Sputnik was used as a radio transmitter. Radio waves bounce, they aren't stopped by a solid surface, but bounced.

4. The N1 Rocket was a decoy to fool those that sought to build technology greater than Russia. This made Russia seem technologically flawed, when they were the complete opposite. All deaths in the explosion were faked.

Here is photographic evidence:

upload.wikimedia.org...

The image you are seeing often titled "tower of babel" is the 1959 soviet ship, that carried 4 cosmonauts and landed on the Sea of Moscow. That image was taken near the crater "Mare Orientale" and depicts the horizon of the Sea of Moscow, allowing us to see the space ship. If you do not believe this shows the horizon of the Sea of Moscow, recreate the angle on google moon and you will see it does indeed show the horizon of the basin from this exact spot.

There are only two photos of the ship from this angle, one taken by the soviets from their Zond program (its authentic and can be found in the Zond program gallery), and one taken by the American's in 1987 (with even worse quality, as they didn't have such great tech at the time (and they wanted to go to the moon? Pathetic)).
There are a few photos taken of this area by the Americans, in there desperate attempt to find the perfect angle to capture a photo of the ship.

Heres the American version of the photo:
www.ken-welch.com...

Heres another American photo taken in a similar spot but failed to capture the ship in the horizon:
spacemedicineassociation.org...

Political leaders and organizations do not care for the common folk. We are nothing to them. Much goes on that we are not aware of. The Cold War is far deeper than those history textbooks make it out to be.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Hudaemcmora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Because the Russian did desigh and build a rocket but it had serious fundamental flaws.

They did not realize that until the US had a man on the moon by which point they realized they needed to basically start a whole new design project.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hudaemcmora

If you are on the far side of the moon you can't get a signal to earth to reach a satellite in earth orbit. You would need a satellite in orbit above the far side of the moon to act as a relay to reach anything on earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Disclaimer:

For a signal to not reach earth from the far side of the moon is a false scientific fact. This "fact" was made in support of the fake American missions to the moon and are only proven by the Apollo "moon missions", which are in itself, non-credible.

A signal sent from the far side of the moon will bounce and roundabout the moon in many different directions, eventually reaching the earth in a span of a few hours. Sputnik was a radio transmitter.

8% of the world population knows the Russians went to the moon, of that 8% are mostly educated older Russians.

Believe what you believe. I shall take my leave.
edit on 2-1-2017 by Hudaemcmora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Wrong. Radio signals need something to bounce off of. There is nothing in orbit around the moon that the signal can bounce off. A radio signal travels in a straight line, unless it gets redirected by something. It's not going to just change angles on its own to reach a receiver.

It's not a matter of belief, it's a matter of physics.
edit on 1/2/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

8% of the world population knows the Russians went to the moon, of that 8% are mostly educated older Russians.

Soviets told no lies.

Wait a minute? Why didn't they lie about getting to the Moon in public? Maybe they just couldn't fake it as well as the US did.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/2/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

1. Astronaut Dr. Brian O' Leary -- I could even point you to undeniable evidence the Apollo missions were fake.

Dr. O'Leary only talked about the hypothetical possibility of faking photographs. O'Leary contended that the Apollo missions were in fact real, and that NASA sent people to the Moon via the Apollo missions, and that the Apollo images we saw were really of the Moon. Although as I said, he contends that it would be possible to fake some of the photos.

A signal sent from the far side of the moon will bounce and roundabout the moon in many different directions, eventually reaching the earth in a span of a few hours. Sputnik was a radio transmitter.

If a signal from the far side of the Moon can arbitrarily "bounce and roundabout the Moon" to reach Sputnik in orbit around Earth (it can't, but let's just say it can for argument's sake), then why would they need Sputnik to act as a radio relay at all? I mean, if the signal could reach Sputnik in Earth's orbit, then the signal could reach a dish on Earth's surface without Sputnik's help.

Your explanation doesn't really make any sense -- neither logically nor in the way radio signals propagate.

By the way, what was the planned length of this alleged mission, if they had not become stranded?

edit on 2017-1-3 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

(to the question about proof of claim " even a NASA astronaut came out and said the lunar photos were taken on a stage")

We want O'Leary's exact words, on video link -- not your version of those words.

What would he have known anyhow? He flunked out of training before Apollo even began flying.

He was a sweet guy [I knew him later], with a mind so open his brains fell out. Didn't he also claim to have invented Saran Wrap?
edit on 4-1-2017 by JimOberg because: typo

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Technologies and cost i imagine.

I mean we cant do it today, just down to the cost.

Need a reason to go back, Helium 3 and titanium ore being two of the most pertinent.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Do you have any evidence that doesn't involve re-writing the laws of physics and/or the use of magic? How exactly do radio waves bounce off of nothing? Can you also explain how the Russian's pulled a fast one and intentionally stranded their cosmonauts but they (again, magically) happened to have enough provisions for 4 months on the moon? I guess furthermore I could ask where the Russians got their cloaking device that made a rocket massive enough to launch a crew with four months worth of supplies to the moon without a single person on the planet noticing? I'd also love to hear your reasoning as to why the Russians would secretly win the moon race in decisive faction and then pretend their lunar program was a massive failure.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is an excellent short 50 minute documentary about this subject for anyone who cares to delve a little deeper into this.

edit on 6-1-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Disclaimer:

For a signal to not reach earth from the far side of the moon is a false scientific fact.

No, that's pretty much right.

From what? There's nothing for it to bounce off OF. However, if there WAS, it wouldn't take hours, it would be a bit less than a second and a half, since that's the one way speed of light delay time.

Sputnik was in earth orbit. What's that got to do with something on the backside of the Moon? Or the Moon at all?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join