It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED CELL - Secret Military Terrorism Organization

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalSpecWar

Wikipedia - Richard Marcinko

Richard Marcinko wrote Rogue Warrior as an autobiography.

After it was printed, the Navy then threw his butt in jail.

The reason?

Simple, his autobiography included classified operational details as well as actual Navy SEAL procedures. After that, he wrote all his books as fiction. He also states in one book, that he knows Eric Prince of Blackwater fame, and they live near each other.

I've read the following of his books :

Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior : Red Cell

Rogue Warrior : Green Team

Rogue Warrior : Task Force Blue

Rogue Warrior : Designation Gold

Rogue Warrior : Option Delta

Rogue Warrior : Echo Platoon

Rogue Warrior : Violence of Action

Rogue Warrior : Vengeance

What exactly do you want to know about the Rogue Warrior?

X-Box 360 : Rogue Warrior

Playstation 3 : Rogue Warrior

A friend has said that I am a rogue, and no I am not affiliated with the Navy SEAL's, but I've read countless books on them. While I don't specifically reference Red Cell or any of Richard Marcinko's books in the thread until after posting here, it is how I understood fully Eric Prince through the eyes of Jeremy Scahill's eyes in the Blackwater book he wrote, that got Me the Blackwater Expert from ATS.

If you follow the Blackwater titled thread in My signature, you will see a little more about Blackwater, and the organization Eric Prince formed after having been a Navy SEAL. Blackwater is a mercenary group, or private military organization, take your pick of labels.

Richard Marcinko is still doing what he does best, winning at all costs, for those who would like to know.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I frequently see threads like this and others that refer to articles and books written about covert government and non-government operations, groups, special forces, etc.; most seem to concern themselves with second or third hand heresay opinion usually from someone with their own agenda to promote.

Contained within these threads are invariably posts from posers and wannabes that knew someone or read a book or [God forbid] played a video game that had the "real inside info".

My response is this: I was fortunate enough to work with and for a few of the real players in this game for over 12 years. The truth is out there if you can suspend your bias and expend just a little effort on honest research into verifiable sources.

Richard Marcinko's books are a good starting point and background color; especially his early work.

I would also recommend looking into the dark corners of these:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.navysealteams.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes

www.northcom.mil...

www.defenselink.mil...

specwarnet.net...

shadowspear.com...

www.socom.mil...

Plus about 7 more pages of hits on a Red Cell search just on ATS.

Red Cell was not the first or in it's current use unique in operational goals.

Regardless of how you feel about the Isralis, their Sayeret Matkal was formed in 1957 and could still teach most of the so called big players how to develop a sucessful special operations and anti-terrorist team.

Most countries of any size or economic resources have some form of Red Cell to test their own security protocols and procedures.

I for one sleep much easier at night knowing that we currently 14 different official agencies of the US gathering intelligence and some unknown number of "civilian contractors" performing these and other tasks for we the citizens.

No I do not trust the USA government or the current administration or probably any future administration to have my best interests at heart. But I do trust some of the thousands of men and women that have dedicated their professional lives to preserving our US Constitution and working to restore our liberties as set forth in the US Bill Of Rights.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Glad to see some marcinko fans here. I too have read every one of his books, some so much to the point that they covers are falling off and the spines are hopelessly bent out of shape. Seriously good insight in each one of his books. great re readability too cause theres so much to learn.

Anyways,

have you guys checked out the news lately? Lawernce (sp) livermore labs were just recently infiltrated and violated by a US govt. agency staging a mock terrorist attack on the place. made away clean too. Looks like Red Cell or some of Demo Dicks merry murauders are carrying on his tradition and teaching. heck who knows he and the gang might still be doing a lot to help whoever worked over the lab in the mock attack.

More people should read marcinko just for the lessons on life he can offer.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
Hmm I dont want to poke fun but it sounds like someone has been playing MGS2 SOL, a tad bit TOO much. This strikes me as way to familiar as "Dead Cell" from the organization connections (Seals) to the name itself.

Same exact story, with different names. I lol'd

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Browser effed up. I'm truly sorry for the double post.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by Shpow]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
yeah game is a wannabe red cell rip except that they are sooooooooo far off base about what a team like Red Cell does that it's not even enjoyable for me to watch or even play.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, which isn't much in this subject, Red Cell analyses information for Homeland Security to prevent Terrorist atatcks on America. They also gain information from citizans of the USA such as recruiting people whos skills could be helpful on the war on terrorism. As far as I'm aware, there is nothing sinister going on with Red Cell.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Forgive me if I've missed a previous post that details this...

But Red Cell is an organization that is greatly detailed by Richard Marchenko.

Marchenko's first book title "Rogue Warrior" is an absolute fascinating read. For any Seal Team fans out there, this is a must pick up and read. This book is written as Non-Fiction, so he was obligated to include many parts of the government, including names in which he should not have.

The book Rogue Warrior actually got Marchenko put in jail. This was a fascinating read, and I finished it in little over a day.

Now, Marchenko gets released from jail, but is is barred from writing any more Non-Fiction books, as they devulge too many government secrets. So, what does marchenko do? He writes the next book, titled "Red Cell", changes some of the names and calls it Fiction. This book is mainly true, he just has to call it fiction, or else he would have been arrested again.

Red Cell was developed by him to test the security measures of bases. This was not designed as a terrorist organization. Of course, that is not saying that this has not turned into a terrorist organization. But, of those claims I am skeptical.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In the last chapter of Rogue Warrior was written from his jail cell.

I think he was arrested before the book was written because they were on a witch hunt to get rid of him (the navy upper brass) he was embarasing the navy command by making them look stupid during the red cell operations he also never learned to play nice with these guys and burned a lot of bridges with these people. the witch hunt ensued to get rid of marcinko for good. they got him on trumped up charges regarding about the lying on a govt. invoice about the price of hand grenade so that he could use the money to better fund red cell and their operations.

Marcinko admits that during the red cell deployment to other countries to test us security he did perform clandestine missions of spying, espionage, and assassination. They would be there to check security in a US facility somewhere like saudi arabi (hypothetical example) and have a small detachment of his red cell team slip off for a day or two to hunt real terrorists and kill them.

Interesting guy marcinko is. And I think his books especially the first few he wrote should be required reading by any seal fan. Funny how metal gear has some guy named snake, but in real life so does marcinko. denny "snake" chalker. a legend in the seal community himself.

[edit on 29-7-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Red Cell exsisted and still is present in the United Forces, SOCOM community. Seal Team Six, is simply a designation of what this particular group was responcible for. Many times the team would recruit and train local ASF teams. (Auxilary Security Forces) These forces were resident to the bases. These teams were familiar with the locol terrain and the routines of the base and/or facility that the Team is planning on attacking in the Terrorist drill.
A game plan would be delivered to the base commander and then a time limit was set. When the time came, the action plan was set in motion and all the fun would start. When all was said and done. What ever the action plan stated in the beginning of what the Team was to complete on the night of the attack, would have been completed, 0 casualties, on the Team side, and ALL objectives met. NOT that I would know.

Ghostop44

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When I was in the Army, stationed at Ft Myer, VA, one of our Sgt's wife worked at the RAND Corp. She used to tell us that RAND ran alot of the same type of operations, testing out the security of military sites and also nuclear reactor sites. The people they used were all ex-military. This was back in the late 80's, just before the Gulf War.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
SUPER DUPER ULTRA TOP SECRET.....

Yes, ok, sure, if you say so.

Yet some random character on the Internet knows about it and is telling people on an open forum.

It is a bit like those who claim their dad, uncles, brothers, cousins are part of an outlaw biker gang like the Hells Angles. In other words, they are lying.
Those who know something, don't go around telling others. They know for a reason, and one of those reasons is because they don't have a big mouth.

No offence, but Red Cell? Sounds like something out of a B grade science fiction flick that went straight to video store shelves.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavalSpecWar
Information regarding hundreds of secret organizations within the US government are displayed and discussed on this website. I have looked all across the internet and have yet to find any information on the Super secret military organization RED CELL. I know a little bit about this organization and will start the conversation but If you know anything about it or know of any organizations such as RED CELL feel free to post it on this thread.

RED CELL was an organization created by the United States government to perform terrorist operations against the US government to ensure our security plans and defenses work against such attacks (terrorism). Richard Mirchinko, former US Navy SEAL was on RED CELL and has written a book about it. ( I have not read it). Basically all I know is red cells purpose, does anybody else have any information, data, stats, or ops information about RED CELL?

THey are disbanded because they are deemed 'TOO UNCONVENTIONAL' even for a special operations group. Their methods of security exercise might be too extreme to the base commanders at that time. There's some of the REDCELL security exercise videos on youtube and it showed how extreme these guys were in playing bad guys..

they might me effective in their Sec-Ex but their methods deemed unacceptable by the higher ups..

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The purpose of Red Cell was to act an as OpFor mirroring Soviet Naval Spetsnaz attacking CONUS naval facilities like King's Bay and Norfolk. There's no "terrorist" about it. They got shut down because they got out of hand. Predictable when you take a rowdy bunch like SEALs and remove any command oversight.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fyrwulf They successfully penetrated every Navy base they attempted to get inside except one. CBC Port Hueneme, Calif. the home of the Pacific Seabees successfully prevented them from achieving their goal of 3 penetrations of the base security. They were only capable of 2 breaches of the perimeter. Their first attempt resulted in an injury to one team member who required over night observation at the local hospital. I was the Seabee who successfully set up the perimeter security for this excercise. The only reason they were successful twice was because a frigging civilian security guard forgot to pull the coil wire on the pick up truck blocking the railroad gate. They were set up across the street in a motel watching this weak point where trains passed on and off the base with car carrying rail cars. At the end of the exercise during the debrief Marchinko was furious that one of his "boys" had been injured and insisted that the command had brought in an expert to analyze the bases perimeter's weaknesses and demanded to meet who they had used. I was called from my office to the command conference room. Remember I am 5-7 145 bald wearing glasses.I walked in to the room and Marchimko exploded. "Who the f*** are you?!" "I am the Seabee who kicked your Seals ass. What you failed as a leader to do sir is to know your enemy or your objective. Seabees are not an offensive unit. We are only trained to DEFEND what we are building and our camp site.. We do that very well. If you had known that one thing you would have known not to f*** with my home....". "So what makes you a damn expert?'" he asked. "I am sir the smartest man in this room at this moment'. I am actually the smartest man to ever serve in the military too". His face was very red and I do not know if it was from anger or embarrassment or both..I think after that was when he got in to trouble. It actually was over irregularities in the units government expenses he got s**t canned over..

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
In regards to the mgs2 mentions, I remember awhile back reading an interview with mgs creator hideo kojima. He was mentioning how he got really into researching marcinko and the origins of red cell while developing the story/plot for mgs2

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join