It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jim Morrison fake his death?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I've never understood how The Doors became so popular. I love rock n roll but The Doors stink and Morrison, IMO, wasn't a "American Poet".

Then again, I'm probably the only person in the world who can't stand The Doors AND Led Zeppelin so my opinion is probably moot.

Anyway, as for the topic at hand, I truly do not care. His death only made the band more popular and if he's found then there will be more Doors all over the place. I'd rather he just stay dead.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Go to John Densmore's website to check this out.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by ibgrimme]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

Actually...the 2 drugs that the 2 used were completely different...Elvis used prescription drugs and thats it

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
THe lizard king Jim Morrison alive heres the proof

www.rodeoswest.com...

and

www.rodeoswest.com...

and

more proof

from left to right is
Sharon Kirktatrick,
Gerald Pitts,
The "DOORS"
Jim Morrison with
his six shooter
and David Logan

[edit on 10/11/09 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Morrison was unarguably a visionary, and I'm sure he was also aware that he would be targeted for what he stood for.

There is also a price to fame that is often incompatible with spiritual pursuits, and Morrison was undoubtedly very spiritual in his own way.

Did he fake his own death? I wouldn't know, but I do have a little more than a sneaking suspicion that he did.

If he did fake his own death, John Lennon should have taken a lesson...

[edit on 11-10-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It is possible that they can fake their own death. Well... I can fake my own death. But obviously the world doesn't really give a damn if the common man and these rock/whatever stars faked their own deaths.

Unless you're a global elite, a business leader, or a very significant politician then you are worth having a fake death conspiracy around you.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

There was an investigative journalist (sorry can’t remember his name) back in the late 70’s who did a very creditable search. His conclusions were that Morrison did fake his own death.

Morrison apparently found refuge in a monastery as a monk (in Spain I think). Other monks there said he was quiet and kept to himself. He died (for real) a couple of years later from TB. There is still an unmarked grave in the monastery were he was buried.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yes, he was looking to avoid the millions he was about to make. Morrison believed the money would damage his soul, the excess women would ruin him and the fame would drive him mad. Yes, it's a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Jim Morrison did not fake his Death.
Death faked Jim Morrison.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djdoubt03
THe lizard king Jim Morrison alive heres the proof

www.rodeoswest.com...

and

www.rodeoswest.com...

and

more proof

from left to right is
Sharon Kirktatrick,
Gerald Pitts,
The "DOORS"
Jim Morrison with
his six shooter
and David Logan

Has anyone seen the DVD? It really sounds like him when he starts to sing along.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
More likely an assasination by the CIA to get rid of someone they saw as a bad influence.

Then a suicide was announced to sweep it under the carpet.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"That album contains so many clues to his faked death - it was a coded message to his fans - to those who could read the runes - that he had faked his death.

The lyrics to Hyacinth House tell the story of how he would do it - in the bathroom."

Nothing to do with the fact the album was written and recorded in a converted house, the tiled bathroom being used as the vocal booth?

"The title track was a sad farewell to LA [he would have to live somewhere else in the world under a different identity - the song 'Changling' points to this]."

The title track is clearly a celebration of Morrison's personal vision of the city of LA. The Changeling is clearly a celebration of Morrison's own LA lifestyle at that point, a time when he never carried money (only an Amex card), kept a few clothes in the trunk of his car, and often wouldn't change the clothes on his back for weeks at a time.

"He would go to South America [hence the song L'America]".

L'America was originally commissioned for the soundtrack of the film Zabriskie Point after the movie's director Michelangelo Antonioni attended one of the LA Woman recording sessions. When the band later presented him with L'America he felt it wasn't suitable for the movie, so it ended up being used on the LA Woman album.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by Motorhead]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
For those who didn't know, Jim's dad was a fairly influential figure:

George Stephen Morrison (January 7, 1919 - November 17, 2008), was an admiral and naval aviator in the United States Navy. Morrison was commander of the U.S. naval forces in the Gulf of Tonkin during the Gulf of Tonkin Incidents of August 1964.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
For Jim fans, found this old short video of Jim helping to promote FSU years before the was A doors. THought you might like it.
Vance
Sorry, requires Windows media player compatible viewer.

FSU&Jim vid

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

That would be amazing if Jim were alive... but i think he would be so angry with the Doors reunion with that dude from the Cult that he woulda blown his cover.

Dude, your avatar is awesome, Ralph Steadman is the man.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
as to the question do i think anyone else faked their death well all i can say is back in 2005 2006 2007 i saw this guy who looked exactly like the russian ice skater who died back in 1995 sergei grinkov it just freaked me out!
never seen a double ever of him but the very first time in 2005 i sure did but sergei being alive everyone saw his pic in the coffin he sure looked dead to me!
this just gave me the shivers! his ghost?but doesnt god say the dead can speak or hear or any of that,
i do not know what i saw but i sure will describe this to all of you,
do you remember the white short slleved t-shirt he use to wear and blue jeans when he wasnt skating?
go look at pics of him in this yup that is exactly what i saw this guy wearing and see his hair same cut same face tall muscular and lean he looked just like sergei.
three years in a row i saw this guy and it was once on his anniversary nov 20,the next year 5 days after his anniversary nov 25 and third year nov 21 pretty freaky huh?all in the month he died.so does god say the dead cant be seen or heard because he really doesnt want us to know .and instead says its demons impersonating them or does he allow it sometimes ?if not then who was it i saw?by the way i never seen him ever again
god bless all this is a very true thing that happened to me i just cant explain it

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Not sure about Jimbo ,but i 'm pretty certain that a lot of pop stars have faked their life ,pretending to be good musicians

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I loved Jim. I planned to come to California to try to meet him but, he died the summer after I graduated high school. On our graduation trip to Myrtle Beach, we heard it announced over the car radio. I was devastated!

Well, I am here and he is not.

Read Ray Manzarek's "The Poet in Exile", it will make you think...

I hear The Seychelles are heavenly...

edit on 20-9-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Read a CT years ago that claimed he was CIA, and yes it stated he faked his own death. I cant recall all the details, but I prolly read it on here. One of the details I do remember was that his advocacy of '___' and other hallucinogens' was part of a MKULTRA type thing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join