It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jim Morrison fake his death?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Did Jim Morrison fake his death?

www.dailymail.c o.uk

Curiously, there were no post mortem tests, the coffin was permanently sealed just after his death was certified, and no one had been allowed to see the body.

This, coupled with the fact Morrison had fantasised about faking his own death and going to live anonymously in the Seychelles, has led to continuing speculation about whether he is still alive.

'I often wonder if his death has been an elaborate charade,' muses Ray Manzarek, The Doors' keyboard player and the singer's closest friend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
seychellesliving.blogspot.com

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Anyone else think Morrison faked his death?

Anyone think any other superstar faked their death?

Has a fake death ever been proven?

Any sightings on the Seychelles?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Of course theres still Elvis and then also Tu Pac.

They all dead and partying....elsewhere!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I read a book on Morrison once and the details of his death sounded really suspicious to me. I'm not sure if he faked his own death, but something didn't seem right about it.

Fair play to him if he pulled it off.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There is fairly good evidence that Elvis's body was NOT in his coffin when it was buried.
However this is not unusual.
For them to put a dummy in the public burial site coffin, and actually bury the real body privately with family elsewhere.
Due to nut cases going and trying to dig it up etc.
Morrison was a heavy drug user (like Elvis).The chances of him living to a ripe old age although possible were pretty slim.
Although no one can say 100% for sure that he actually died.
You would have to think that someone sometime would talk, some government involved person.Whos conscience got the better of them.
Tim Russert died recently, how could anyone prove for certain, 100%, he didn't fake it, and just didn't want to do it anymore.
In fact im sure if you had enough money anyone could fake there own death.
The only reason anyone would go looking into it is if you were wanted for crimes.
If you weren't then no law enforcement would care.
Several people tried to use 9/11 to fake there own deaths to avoid paying taxes fines going to court etc.
Although most were found out there was probably some who slipped through.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I heard and read about him dying in a club and was carried back to his room and put in the bathtub. No one will ever know what happened to the Lizard King, but he's greatly missed by fans.

"When we found him dead, he had a little foam on his nose, and some blood too, and the doctor said, 'That must be an overdose of heroin,'" Bernett said. Bernett added that he did not see Morrison take any heroin that night but said the singer was known to sniff the drug because he was afraid of needles.

Source

But who knows he could of pulled it off, but who was the coroner and was he payed to lie? I'd like to take a trip to the Islands and see if I could see him anywhere. I also want to go to Paris someday and see his grave.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Well this "faked death" conspiracy could be a cover up cause he was offed.. .

When all things point to 2 conspiracies . The least popular . Is usually the truth . As the less provable (easier to grip) Is usually parroted by the perpetrators.

Just my 2c.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth

Morrison was a heavy drug user (like Elvis).The chances of him living to a ripe old age although possible were pretty slim.

The prosecution submits Exhibit 'A' Keith Richards. Born in 1943, the same year as Jim Morrison. Probable holder of numerous records related to massive drug consumption.

The prosecution also submits exhibit 'B' Ozzy Osbourne. Born in 1948, the Oz-man once snorted a line of fire ants on a dare to see if he could get high off them.

The prosecution rests...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If he is alive he is on ATS, I am sure about that! (send me u2u Jim and we will discuss your poetry...)

Seriously, I also read a book about his death many years ago and it all sounded very plausible to me at the time that he actually faked his own death. The poor guy suffered a lot. He had to flee to Europe because the US government was after him. He was facing criminal charges because he allegedly had dropped his pants on stage...(The US haven't changed that much in all those years, so sad..like the janet jackson affair..pathetic). He had lots of other good reasons to want to be dead.

So motive was there and occasion as well. But what about his friends and family and his girlfriend Pamela. She had to be a part of the scam, but from what we know she was too #ed up to be able to keep it a big secret.

If anyone it would be Jim who could pull off such a scam. But you would expect that someday the paparazzi or somebody else would find out, I think its impossible to hide from the world for such a long time.

He is still a fascinating character, love his lyrics, his voice, his poetry...How much I would like him to be alive and live a happy life I actually think it's just wishful thinking.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The thing about Morrison is that I don't think there is any other musician whose eccentricity would make them more capable of faking their own death. If you had started a list back in the 60s of the people most likely to fake their own death, it probably would've started with Jim Morrison (or maybe Howard Hughes). Morrison faking his death is more likely than Elvis.

Also, he had the perfect out - no one was surprised when they heard he died (at least, they shouldn't have been). Considering his lifestyle, him dying of heart failure while taking a bath at 4am was completely plausible.

So I'm undecided. I like to think he didn't fake it. For me, like Hendrix, Joplin, Cobain...dying when they did is part of their mystique, it's part of their legend - brilliant comets that briefly fly by and are gone. All that's left is the music they left behind - which, dead or alive, is pretty friggin' awesome.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Here's a link to a thread earlier this year which is more than enough to raise an eyebrow or two.- The Doors: Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek Talk about Jim Morrison Being Alive on Coast to Coast AM

This is a page linked from that thread:-

The "DOORS" Ray Manzarek Goes PUBLIC And Tells - The DOORS Jim Morrison Is Living
In Oregon As A Cowboy.

(?)

Not sure what to think about this, but worth a look if you're interested.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
That Morrison faked his death is fairly certain to me.
He had the Miami rap hanging over him, the Establishment wanted to make an example of him, and he most certainly would have been jailed.
He was tired of being a rock star, saying that 27 was "too old" to be one.
His recording contract with the Doors had only one album left to do, which was LA Woman.
That album contains so many clues to his faked death - it was a coded message to his fans - to those who could read the runes - that he had faked his death.
The lyrics to Hyacinth House tell the story of how he would do it - in the bathroom.
The title track was a sad farewell to LA [he would have to live somewhere else in the world under a different identity - the song 'Changling' points to this].
He would go to South America [hence the song L'America].

Morrison had tied up all his financial affairs, finished his 'last' album [American Prayer was in the can] had made a will etc.,

The faked death probably involved bringing a dead drifter to the Paris flat who was 'identified' as Jim and buried as Jim. No one was allowed to see the body [presumably some payoffs were made to the French officials here under the pretence of not wanting publicity etc.,] and Densmore even thought that the coffin was too smalll when he saw it.

And of course, Alice Cooper - a drinking buddy of Morrison's - said that Jim was not known to take baths!
O the delicious irony of it all.

"I see the bathroom is clear."

Moody Lawless

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Being_From_Earth

I guess you have never heard of Keith Richards.

Anyhow it is quite possible that Morrison is still alive. Being famous takes a toll on you honestly i wouldnt want to be bombarded by fans everywhere i went. Record labels usually work their artists half to death and sign them up for ridiculously long terms in which everything they do, eat, wear, use, etc.. must all comply with the terms of the contract for the designated time.

I have a theory that artists and actors that are viciously attacked by the media are attacked purposely because they are breaching or attempting to breach the terms of their contract. A perfect example of this is Britney spears who by wanting to have children and a normal life away from show biz probably breached her contract terms and thus causing the debacle we have seen up untill this point.

Famous people have the funds to not only stage their death but to buy a new life away from the public eye and i believe that not only has this been done many times before, but is standard procedure for those who want out.

The act of faking your death is not an entirely illegal matter. As long as noone claims any type of benefits or life insurance that is owed to you, you stop using your previous identity every again and you never return to the country in which you staged your death then you can get away with it. Another thing is alot of actor and musician names are purchased, fake identities anyways so if the name that appears on the death certificate is the assumed name then the individual can continue to legally use his/her origional one.

Morrison had the means, the motive, and the creativity to escape the public eye. Is he alive? He most certainly is.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If he is alive and has been able to pull this off for all of these years since his 'alleged' death that would be amazing... However unless he comes forward and proves that he IS alive... How would we ever know for sure?

A lot of people believe that comedian Andy Kaufman did the same thing and is still alive, even shows up as alter-ego Tony Clifton at public events.

Maybe it is easier for some to believe that someone famous that they may personally admire faked death and is still alive, than to accept the fact that they are dead... Like many Elvis fans, who endlessly search through the overwhelming proof of his death for clues that it was faked and he is alive and really does show up a Burger King from time to time.

The only good reason I can think of for faking death would be to get away from a life threatening situation involving oh say.... the mafia and the FBI... In which case both are after you... Then maybe faking your own death and disappearing would be a good plan. However I bet you it is much harder to actually fake your own death than you may think it is, even more difficult if not impossible for a famous person.

Cowboy in Oregon?

Is Jim a member of ATS?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I think if Jim were alive today he´d most certainly be familiar with ATS.

Afterall...there´s not too much to do for a whole lifetime on the seychelle islands.

If I were him, in between snorkeling, fishing, dining and drinking, Id log on to ATS.

So...if you´re alive: Hello Jim. We´re on to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
So...if you´re alive: Hello Jim. We´re on to you.

And if you're not alive, then *in best DeForest Kelley impersonation* "You're dead, Jim."

What would really be interesting is to gather up all the folks who swear they've seen Morrison's ghost at his gravesite and lock them in a room with all the people who believe he's still alive. THAT would lend itself to some damn entertaining conversations and maybe a few slap fights as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if he had faked his own death, considering the nature of the fandom he was generating.

Things sure got ugly real fast.

But then, once we start doubting this, where does it stop?

Is JFK laughing it up in some secret bunker somewhere?

Was Abraham Lincoln actually assassinated?

The problem is, the trails are so damn cold it's like crawling through ice.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think Jim is as dead as a doornail. He lived hard, rode hard and got put away wet. He was on a downward spiral towards the end. My only friend 'the end'. He will always live on forever as one of the most incredible male vocals.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Of all the people that others believed may have faked their deaths, Jim Morrison is the only one that I might actually believe.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I know he had some type of contact with other worldly beings, riders of the storms, he is either talking about killers riding the wave into oblivion or he is talking about other worldy beings in their crafts riding in the clouds with their metalic beasts.

just my two cents.

<<   2  3 >>

join