It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weakening magnetic field and electrical storms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is for anyone that works with electrical equipment or just notices these things, but this summer in Western Canada we have had increased electrical problems with storms as of lately. I am in IT so when power acts up as storms approach I cringe up and wait like I'm in front of a firing squad. We have had at least a half dozen times where the power has gone out completely and virtually every storm brings fluctuations in the power. This is the worst year so far for power issues(IMO).

I was wondering if the weakening magnetic field in anyway can strengthen the storms. Here's what I know as little as it may be:

With a weakening magnetic field the suns cosmic radiation can reach farther into our atmosphere(not to the ground yet). Can the radiation increase the electrical capabilities of storms? Or is there no possible relation between the two and we are just having a bad year?

I wouldn't mind if anyone noticing increased electrical problems would let me know so I can see if it's just my area or a growing problem.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I live in south Ontario and about 2 weeks ago we had a 10 day period of very intense lightning unlike anything I have ever seen and I have lived here on the beaches of Lake Huron for 20 years. Each day for 10 days had a big storm even if it was completely clear out in the mornings.

join