It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind crop circles and the government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

There has been a great deal of speculation concerning the true nature of crop circles. Are they the handiwork of extraterrestrials, mother Earth, secret military organizations, diabolical governments, organized human hoaxers, time travelers, angels, fairies, elves, opportunistic farmers, money-hungry film makers, Doug and Dave? Along with dispatching our own reporter to the wilds of England to investigate this controversial phenomenon (Sherry Stultz, an ordinary school teacher by day and roving NHNE SwiftWing reporter by summer vacation, will investigating England's crop circles this June-July), we just learned that NBC is planning to air a television special on crop circles in May. Tenatively called, "Unmasked -- Revealing the Secrets of Deception," the NBC special will be showcasing the tools and talents of a group of well-known English crop circle makers who claim responsibility for many of England's most famous crop circles.

To keep all of you up-to-date with the latest crop circle news and developments, this special NHNE News Update includes a story that appears in the current issue of CNI NEWS describing the upcoming NBC special as well as thought-provoking excerpts from the website that serves as homebase for the crop circle makers who are featured in the NBC special.

-------

The following CNI NEWS story is reprinted by special permission. It appears in the current issue of CNI NEWS (Vol. 4, No. 3, Part 2, April 1, 1998).

NBC TO AIR TV SPECIAL DEBUNKING CROP CIRCLES
Hired English "Circle-Makers" to Show Their Stuff

[The following text is based on a story from the New Zealand newspaper The Southland Times dated March 9, 1998, with additional comments from "circlemaker" John Lundberg. CNI News thanks Joe Murgia ([email protected]) for bringing this story to our attention.]

An eerie glow lit up the night sky over southern New Zealand on Saturday, March 7. The glow centered on the farm of Robert and Janice Saunders in Dunearn, where large circles mysteriously appeared in a field of wheat. The strange events attracted police from Nightcaps and Winton, and a large crowd of people.

The lights were not the work of aliens but a film crew from Californian-based Tri-Crown Productions, filming a documentary on crop circles for NBC-TV. But not crop circles as an unexplained mystery. Crop circles as the work of hoaxers, pure and simple.

Producer Jeff Androsky said the filming on the Saunders' property was for a one-hour show, part of a series called "Unmasked -- Revealing the Secrets of Deception." This segment will show that talented hoaxers could have created some of the most elaborate crop formations reported in England and elsewhere in recent years.

Androsky says an inquiry to New Zealand's Crop and Food Research department turned up the possibility that the Saunders might be willing to provide a suitable wheat crop where hired hoaxers could do their thing.

"They've been great," Androsky said. "They set aside a paddock for us, Janice has fed us and they opened up their home and farm to us. We've had unbelievable co-operation. You never would get that in the U.S."

According to hired circle-maker John Lundberg, he and his comrades Rod Dickinson and Wil Russell were brought to New Zealand by the film company and asked to demonstrate what they could do. "We were asked to design a complex crop formation that could be made at night in under four hours," Lundberg says. "The formation we designed had over 100 flattened circles and a diameter of 300 feet, putting it on a par with some of the most complex formations to appear in the fields of England over the past few years."

Lundberg says the results of their effort can be viewed at www....- space.com/circlemakers/nztrip.html

While the circle-makers plied their trade, cameramen and powerful lights hung suspended over the wheat field on two huge 40-ton cranes, and more film was shot from a helicopter.

The program is scheduled to air in the United States on the NBC network in May.

CNI News, along with the majority of reputable crop circle researchers, has long recognized that some crop glyphs are undoubtedly the work of skilled hoaxers. However, there is much evidence to suggest that some formations are the product of forces entirely different and separate from human activity.

In May, timed to coincide with NBC's airing of their debunking program, CNI News will run a long article detailing the crop circle research of biophysicist W.C. Levengood and his colleagues. This research provides overwhelming evidence of unusual energy effects in some crop formations which cannot be attributed to the action of hoaxers.

CNI News regrets that NBC-TV seems more interested in showcasing the results of human deception than the far more important work of dedicated researchers like Levengood.

Even so, this program might do some good in the end. Never before have legitimate crop circle researchers had an opportunity to watch the best of the professed hoaxers at work. There are bound to be lessons aplenty in NBC's footage, and perhaps even proof that a definite hoax is visibly different than a non-hoaxed formation. Stay tuned!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I've always believed most crop circles were a bunch of BS whether or not some news organization airs footage of makers or not.

Though I think many if not all are made from the ground, I often wondered if some one testing some new satellite based weapon could be playing games with us as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don't buy it...

Isn't a lot of the grain from crop circles magnetized? I remember seeing this on an old Sci Fi channel paranormal show.

Plus, the amount of effort and time it would take to make some of these circles just leaves gaping holes in their explanation. Too much can happen and too many people could see it in the time it takes to create some of the more elaborate crop circles...

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
well i believe a great deal of circles are not human made.
the last paragraph is so true that this will show us the best a pro hoaxer can do, mind you they have the advantage of a few things,
they dont need to be secretive or worry about being spotted (large time related factor)
they have the use of 2 40ft CRANES with powerful lights,
helicopter to help map out crop patern
proberly lotsa help from bystanders/film crew.
sorry but this smells like propergander poop too me.
ive seen some circles on the web(i'll look for links but im sure all have seen them) and the size/complexity/scale/position/accuracy of shape, nahhhhhh, to believe people do these is more farfetched, i'll stick with my belief that its e.t

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   
et's and crop circles definitely have a connection.The question is though, what is there purpose?Is there some astronomical or even psychic powers related?The government will try to deceive us and say that crop circle making is there's to kill the buzz surrounding them.But SOME crop circles are TOO elaborate, and there is NO way that they could have been made by humans in such a short period of time.And what is all this CRAP about "natural vortices" that cause them?Why does science try to explain everything naturally?This way of thinking will get you in plenty of trouble!

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by jhova]

top topics

join