It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns over US-Czech shield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterestedObserver
Russia is an ultra-nationalist country that, as previously mentioned in here, wishes to be the powerful Soviet country they once were. Allying with them would be a huge mistake, as we would be going against our ideals of freedom seeing as they oppress any type of free speech in their country.

The KGB is slowly and craftily taking out any public figures who openly support true republican democracy and freedom of speech. Russia is NOT who we want to associate ourselves with.

Im glad we don't even suppress free speech here in America. I think Ill go protest the war in Iraq right now...as soon as I fill out for my permit and then find the free speech zone to protest in so I dont get arrested. Its kind of hard to go against Russia when in many ways we are becoming Russia part deux. Other than that I totally agree.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Except, of course, the U.S. is not like russia at all. Maybe someday all the conspiracy theorist people that say we are will turn out to be correct, but not yet. Not by a mile.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

There are reasons for Free Speech Zones on college campus's and in the work place, are you really a supporter of having classes interrupted by protesters and student's learning be compromised and not being able to do anything about it?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

There are reasons for Free Speech Zones on college campus's and in the work place, are you really a supporter of having classes interrupted by protesters and student's learning be compromised and not being able to do anything about it?

I think that is the point to a protest....so your voice is heard....cant exaclty rely on the MSM to get your message out so you have two options the internet and protesting. As we speak they are trying to censor the internet like protesting. Hmm

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Except, of course, the U.S. is not like russia at all. Maybe someday all the conspiracy theorist people that say we are will turn out to be correct, but not yet. Not by a mile.

Not like Russia at all...Ok the DC Madam threatened to list congressmen who laid some pipe. So what happens shes outed. Russia a journalist speaks against the government and is outed.

Russia invaded Afganistan for oil pipelines..the United States invaded Iraq for oil...

Russia is ran by former KGB and the US is ran by a former Nazi Sympathizer.

Russia was a powerful nation and spent all their money on military so they collapsed from the inside. The US is on the verge of collapsing from the inside because all our money is being put to our military and none in infrastructure.

The Soviet Union's collapse into independent nations began early in 1985. After years of Soviet military buildup at the expense of domestic development, economic growth was at a standstill. Failed attempts at reform, a stagnant economy and war in Afghanistan led to a general feeling of discontent, especially in the Baltic republics and Eastern Europe. Greater political and social freedoms, instituted by the last Soviet leader, Mikhail Gorbachev, created an atmosphere of open criticism of the Moscow regime.
-------Insert US Government & Washington & Iraq where needed...

Hmm need more similarities?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Have you ever tried to go out and protest? They wont stop you unless you're with the WBC within 100 or so ft of a military cemetery or if you're in the middle of your work place, in which case most people would just think you were a nut.

Try it sometime though, go out and actually do it instead of talking about how you can't on the internet.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Uh Uh Russia makes a threat I'm so afraid

Com'on their Gross domestic product is like 3,5 times that of the Netherlands a country that has 11 times as less inhabitants and is 414 times smaller even Italy alone has a bigger GDP

Sure Russia has lots of nukes but they are probably all rusted up.
Russia should stop making threats and i don't understand that some Americans are afraid of them. Sure they once where strong like 30 years ago. Russia is just one big joke with megalomania.
Just my 2 cent's as a citizen of the Netherlands and the EU

[edit on 8-7-2008 by materi]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Have you ever tried to go out and protest? They wont stop you unless you're with the WBC within 100 or so ft of a military cemetery or if you're in the middle of your work place, in which case most people would just think you were a nut.

Try it sometime though, go out and actually do it instead of talking about how you can't on the internet.

This is what happens when you protest

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't get it..i was just a few days ago reading how Russia would like to join the us with a missile shield.But anyways looking like they signed the deal anyways with the Czech Republic.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

In a rare occasion, perhaps.

But most of the time it's more like this;

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

LOL I must admit I like the Saigon puppet one

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I absolutely believe in Free Speech, Full Stop.

Free Speech Zones are a Soviet and Nazi tactic to contain dissent and identify dissenters.

[edit on 8/7/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You're right.

The Russian people have the right to protest out in the open, outside of "Free speech zones".

God forbid the US should ever exercise that kind of freedom.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The new front in the next evolution of the charade is open for biz. Cards to gamblers. Whom to choose to trust? .ru or .gov? Um, Russkies are more fun and not as fussy/whiney as Americans. I don't trust either, but Rice-cakes sure has some nuts... it won't matter when the missiles fly when the charade gets out of the hands of the brinks-people and dip-dip-diplomats. You can't shoot her "she's only the piano player" in the Stepford saga. Who has a ranch in Paraguay?

I used to like visiting the USA. I've only visited Russia twice - flip a coin? The Russians have more well-heads and the US is tail-end Charlie and spiralling-in running low on credit and the gas tanks are emptying out. I'm an optimist so I'm inclined to cut the CIS more slack. That and they have better booze and food.

If I was one of the boys from St. Petersburg I'd already have a solution in the pipe for Czecho - years back. Poland too. The EU has to dance with the Bear - it gets cold without gaz.

About that Russian "free-speech" don't you believe it - it is as managed as any US event and an opportunity to gather data - much like the web in both places.

That radar system is a card played openly, no bluff, be assured that the CIS has some downcards and can deal up "difficulty" for whom she pleases. Wreckless Americanski, Israel - whomever is as the Rolling Stones say, "just a shot away". Life is "good" enjoy what's left.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I posted this same story just after you did. I must have been reading it when you posted it.

I do not like the game our US leaders are playing with us and the world right now. I certainly hope things change soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

This is the first time Russia has signalled it would take military action against the missile shield.

What does it mean? Will Russia destroy the shield, point missiles at Europe or invade Eastern Europe?

We shall have to watch and see what happens next.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

You dont seem to realise.
That if the US goes for world domination this missile shield stops any nation from saying "Dude wtf no way!! Eat my missiles"

So this exclusively ensures that the US can dictate world policy.
I for one think Russia is taking the correct measures to keep it an even playing field.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join