It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Americans are not supporting our troops, and they should be ashamed!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ldragonfore

" They were dumped, or where cheated on by there significant other while they were away serving there country"

war or no war

that's been going on

since satans been around

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
Wilbert:

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I am not a conspiracy person. If you can prove that it was not the Taliban then I will listen.

So by that statement they are guilty until proven innocent? And will be invaded, punished and stolen from until otherwise proven innocent?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
I'm Canadian not American but the troops do not need support. They need to go home. I am a personal believer in a non-aggressive lifestyle, unfortunately not many people share that view.

Living a non-aggressive lifestyle is great IF you can vouch that everyone else you encounter will also be non-aggressive and that just isn't the case.

What do you do when radical religious groups begin trying to force members of the population to convert to their religion and then start killing the ones who resist? There are those in the world who would do just that right now! How does a non-aggressive lifestyle allow you to do anything but bend over and take it or die?

Mod Edit:

There is no need to repeat entire posts within the body of your response. Too many and too large quotes hampers the readability of our busy and populated message threads.

ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

[edit on 9-7-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Azazelus

I Barak Wangler, do so solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith, and allegiance to the same, and that I will obey the orders, of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice so help me God.

No where in there does it say I am to overthrow my government, but to obey it. It is the job of the people to take action. If we did put a stop to the corrupt people and replace them I promise will will put in just as many more corrupt people anyway. No I welcome you to LIFE, I don't bitch about the government or the troops or the war. So why should I do something. You can die trying? well maybe you should start trying. Impress me by showing you care for more than yourself. I told you I didn't want to argue this but I await your reply. These things mentioned above are the only things I will discuss.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I, for one, do not support our troops. I cannot. I can pity them, and certainly I do. But I will never support anyone spreading tyranny, whether it be willingly or not.

To me, it is a tragedy that troops will not lie down their weapons in the name of what is right.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There is a very large difference between pro-active and reactive violence. It is never wrong to defend onesself. It is never right do spread death and tyranny in whatever name you are worshipping at the moment, whether it be democracy, or god, or patriotism, or any other intangible.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Saying you don't support the troops is absolutely ridiculous. How is saying you don't support the troops any different than spitting on them when they return home, ala Vietnam?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Double Eights]

This is a foolish statement. Just as you say "I support the troops but that doesnt mean I support the war", I say, "I dont support the troops but that doesnt mean I wish them dead".

As I said before, I do not, and cannot, support anyone who spreads tyranny. I dont care what your reasons for doing so are. Whether you were duped, or ignorant, or plain scared, it doesnt matter. If you do not have that moral compass, or if you do not listen to it, that is your choice, and I will not support you in it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights

Originally posted by jprophet420Good luck living with yourself after you find out that you murdered innocent people, after you questioned it yourself but decided to go through with it anyway to avoid a court martial.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by jprophet420]

So, like I said, what do you suggest they do? Do you suggest every Military man and woman refuse to go to War?

If they do that, they are dishonerably discharged and sent to prison. Then, I pose you this question, who is left to defend our country against enemy attack?

You?

Edit: And what do you suppose I tell my four nieces and nephew when they find out their father will be in prison for quite a few years, and that their sole source of income is their mother who works on the military base the will surely be kicked off of due to their father's dishonerable discharge?

Shall I tell them to enjoy living in the streets?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Double Eights]

First off, to insinuate that everysingle military person would be put in prison if they refused to go is assinine. #1, there arent that many prison cells, #2, a mass ceasrfire like that from troops would lead to radical changes in government.

Second, what do you tell your neices and nephews that their father is doing right now? Do you lie to them and tell them that he is protecting their freedom? Do you tell them he is a hero? Or do you tell them the truth, that he is from the bottom third of our countries graduating class and that he had few other options and is now fighting an illegal war, killing private citizens, and spreading tyranny to other countries?

If he laid down his weapon, you could tell them he was a hero. You could tell them he did what was right. And you could tell them to honor his sacrifice.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
SR;

I support the war in Afganistan because they were the people who attacked us. I did not support Iraq because even though saddam used wmd against his own people he was no threat to us. He would never have because his sole reason for being was power, and he was not going to share that with anyone else.

The hijackers were Saudi. nice to see the people are doing their research, though

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I apologize if it's been mentioned before because I haven't read all the posts. But I can not support the troops for one simple reason. We have invaded 2 countries. We we're not, and have not, been attacked by Afghanistan or Iraq, therefore we should not have invaded them. As a country, neither was directly involved in attacks on us. They did not and have not threatened or attempted to invade us.

Al Queda is not a country, it is a group of people, therefore why have we invaded & continue to occupy 2 countries to find, kill and neutralize a group of people (who have since moved on to Syria, Libya, Pakistan and other countries for a base of operations according to our intelligence). This idea that you can be against the war but for the troops is a fallacy. It is because our troops will fight without care or thought as to why they are actually fighting that our leaders send us to war. If the war was so necessary, then why aren't the sons & daughters of our leaders fighting? Why are they not leading by example?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I support all Western forces engaging the enemy as we speak.I have friends in the US military as well as Canadian forces.Both are doing a damn good job too,despite MSM effort to NOT report whats going on.Maybe theres a gag order who knows?I also know people in Israel too but i will share none of it with anyone here nor will i share info about our militaries or the people who fight for us.The walls do have ears if you have anything to say of importance.
As the mobster from Bugs bunny once said "Button yer lip Mugsie!"

World war 2 motto "Loose lips sink ships."

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

load of junk.

Like was it the Soldier that gave the people the right to protest in that American campus when Vietnam was going on? or was it he who was sent in to take the life of said demonstrator.

And don’t go on about World War II, that was a war that needed defending. Iraq is a war that is senseless, just like the fakeness of Vietnam. The people who fight in the wars are the people who fuel them and walk into them with, what seems now a days, no thought of mind.

The people who defended against the rise of Hitler, where people who had to take a stand, as Hitler was invading most of Europe. The young brain-dead GI’s that are walking the streets of Iraq right now, don’t even know why they are there, could not even point to it on a map 6 weeks before turning up and mostly want to come home!

[edit on 9-7-2008 by InterWeb]

InterWeb, sorry.... I don't get involved in all the BS and the He Said, She Said rhetoric and whether one person is right or wrong. The bottom line..... my opinion is just that, mine. "Load Of Junk"? Expressing ones opinions is NEVER a load of junk here on ATS. You must be confusing us with someone else. Just as you are entitled to your opinion... so am I. Take it as what it is, an opinion. Agree, disagree or don't give a rat's buttocks..... makes me no difference. You nor anyone else will ever print anything or say anything that will make me change my stance on soldiers. That said, I at least respect the fellow members who have a different opinion than I rather than personal attacks on their position.

Dave

[edit on 7/9/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit
You Don't Have To Support A War To Support The Troops. Volunteered or not, my hope is for each of them to come back home to their families and friends.

IMEO, of course.

Dave

You don’t have to support the people who sent the troops to fight the war, to support the troops fighting in that war?

OK, then by that twisted logic.

The people who did 9/11, I support them and their actions. They were brainwashed into fighting a war with, what was seen as the enemy. They were nice people once, I don’t support terrorism or the people that sent them in to commit these crimes, but I support the people who carried out them crimes.

Tell me Dave, does a Middle Eastern man have the right to say that?

Or is it just American logic that permits you to think that.

InterWeb.... I don't give a rat's buttocks what others have a right to say or not say. My comments are for the American Soldier and their allies. Period.

Dave

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
WAKE UP!!!!

It's NOT a crime to be against the war, in fact most civilised, intelligent folk are AGAINST it.

The only people who I know who are FOR it, seem to be the neo-con loving nut cases that pass themselves off for patriotic americans on this website (and I'm certainly not tarring all Americans with the same brush)...

The REAL patriots are those that oppose this evil and illegal war.

Seriously... Those soldiers weren't forced into joining the army, so stop trying to make people feel bad for being against it.

My feelings exactly! Those who volunteered to serve in this "army" did so with their eyes wide open. If they would have paid attention in history class they would have learned about how the good old USA sent 57,000 of our best young men to an early grave in Viet Nam, including two of my high school buddies. They were given no choice under the draft..they were forced to go and die...to die for nothing.

War should be a rare thing. Those who die today die for GWB and the NWO. Not an honorable thing at all! Not only that, but they will be the ones ordered to cart our asses off to concentration camps when GWB declares martial law and further declares the informed US citizen an enemy of the state. God have mercy.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barak89

I Barak Wangler, do so solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith, and allegiance to the same, and that I will obey the orders, of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice so help me God.

No where in there does it say I am to overthrow my government, but to obey it. It is the job of the people to take action. If we did put a stop to the corrupt people and replace them I promise will will put in just as many more corrupt people anyway. No I welcome you to LIFE, I don't bitch about the government or the troops or the war. So why should I do something. You can die trying? well maybe you should start trying. Impress me by showing you care for more than yourself. I told you I didn't want to argue this but I await your reply. These things mentioned above are the only things I will discuss.

Simply put, I suggest you reread the Constitution, identify the domestic enemy, and uphold the oath you stated.

This government is waging an illegal war, spending taxpayer's money to do so without their approval, and you just "follow orders."

As far as replacing the corrupt, I am sorry your position in the plane of life has led you to the conclusion that corruptness is inevitable.

I'm not "bitching" about anything. I merely stated that I do not support our troops, in a vast amount of words, simply because their entire existence is based on a false sense of insecurity.

The beauty of my situation, is that I don't have to die trying.... yet...

Because, my opinion, and the opinion of a great many citizens, is that the only attacks on American soil have been perpetrated in some form by our own government. If not carried out or allowed in some form, it was at least used as a catalyst for the biggest usurping of unchallenged power that this country has ever seen.

I do my part by educating those who are uninformed or delusional, such as yourself. It is not my fault if you continue to "wear the flag as a blindfold", and take comfort in "waving your guns and your gods at the world."

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Azazelus]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You see this is why I didn't want to get into this because you can't prove anything to someone with the ideals you have. Sorry but it is true maybe your right. I am delusional, I am uninformed. I am blindfolded and I wave my guns and gods at the world. Sorry I don't choose to believe all the BS that gets fabricated and re fabricated. Once again I am blind and you are right I suppose. But when the time comes if it ever comes, I promise I will be the first to defend your life. And I will do that not because ive been blinded but because I have such a great love for this country and the people that live in it that I would lay down my life for any of its citizens. I'm not belittling anyones feelings for this country but thats just the way I feel. I don't want to argue this anymore, Ive shared my opinions and they are mine and I have listened to yours.

Thank you.
Barak

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Quotations from another thread dealing with a soldier who refused to go to war.

Guess he should not have re-enlisted and gotten out of the Army when he had the opportunity, since we have been in Iraq for awhile and him being Army, he was bound to go eventually.

Original Post: THIS GUY IS A HERO!!
Response: Nope, he is a quitter plain and simple.

To make him out to be anything more is stupid.

If he did not want to play in the "illegal war" then maybe he should have gotten out after his first tour came up?

He was willing to play soldier so long as it was convenient for him and the Army paid, clothed, and fed him. As soon as it got difficult on him he quit, plain and simple.

He won't be missed. His kind is useless in a combat zone, anyway.

He'll probably like prison much more than fulfilling his miltary obligation.

He'll make a lot of sweet friends there.

His dishonorable discharge and criminal record will look good on his resume, too.

That's his choice and its one that I can respect, but on the flip side, he also voluntarily signed a committment with the US military and in return received numerous financial and possibly educational incentives from the taxpayers of this country for doing so.

Then why did he choose to re-enlist? Nobody forced him to. He must not be too brilliant if he knew he would go to Iraq to fight in this "illegal war" and yet still choose to re-enlist. Not too bright.

The army is better off without him.

*Note* Those are only from the first page of a seven page thread*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I ask, which is it? Go fight this illegal war and be called a "traitor," or refuse to go and be called a "traitor."

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Double Eights]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It becomes quite the tough situation when you consider:

Yet The Patriot Act
circumvents the constitution.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join