It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Americans are not supporting our troops, and they should be ashamed!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
The problem most of you people have is that you never understood the military, you have probably never even talked to someone in the military. Because of this you all sound like idiots.
And I'm sure to the dog his master sounds like an idiot, becasue the dog only undertands 6 words.

I grew up in the Army, served in the Army, and live in a military town. My next door neighbor is in Afganistan and my other neighbor is retired military. And I forgot to mention my father is in Arlington Cemetary.
and?

The O.P. stated that this was not a discussion about the war but about how families are torn apart. If you cannot differentiate between the two or if you have so much time on your hands to be here constantly bashing the troops, then move out of your parents basement and get a life. You can support the troops by living, breathing, drinking, screwing up like everyone else.
Way to combine assumptions, personal attacks, and spitefulness into one paragraph.

Also; if your country is not involved over there, shut up and mind your business.
When you take on the role of world police it becomes everybodies business.

And I am expected to respect this? PLease.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

I have friends and family in the military, both presently and formerly. I have heard all the "stories" I care to hear. They all know that I do not support them and, although it displeases them, I have made it very clear to them that it displeases me that they will not stand up against the the atrocities our government afflicts on others by misuse of the military. They are just tools being utilized for a political agenda. They understand and accept my feelings.

Bottom line is this: Everyone that joins the military did it for selfish reasons, there is no true patriotism in this country when it comes to joining the military. If you choose to support the troops (whatever that means) then go right ahead. However, they are still being used by the government and refuse to take a stance against it. I cannot feel any empathy for someone (or in this case a collective gorup) that will not stand for what is right and just, just so they can continue to collect a paycheck (or collect whatever it is that they want out of their military commitment).

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
SR;

I support the war in Afganistan because they were the people who attacked us. I did not support Iraq because even though saddam used wmd against his own people he was no threat to us. He would never have because his sole reason for being was power, and he was not going to share that with anyone else.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by no name needed

Do tell what you have done to "stand up" against this government and their atrocities?

Have you risked your paycheck or your pension or your medical coverage?

These people are sacraficing everything, life, limb, assets, relationships. Even if they were misguided when they joined up, can't you people at least understand what loss many have suffered?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

SR;

I support the war in Afganistan because they were the people who attacked us. I did not support Iraq because even though saddam used wmd against his own people he was no threat to us. He would never have because his sole reason for being was power, and he was not going to share that with anyone else.

Please point me to where the government of Afghanistan sanctioned an attack on the US?

If, and thats a big if, individuals from Afghanistan might have caused 9/11. What justification does the US have to trespass on sovereign soil?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by capgrup

Ummm...how many of the 9/11 hijackers or planners were native to Afghanistan or even citizens of that country? None to my knowledge. I believe that they were all from Saudi Arabia and perhaps Egypt.

Don't give me the "that's where they were based" argument, because they are based here in the good ole' U.S. of A too.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

SR;

Saudi's attacked us. We invaded Afghanistan to take control of the mighty mighty poppy.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

SR;

Saudi's attacked us. We invaded Afghanistan to take control of the mighty mighty poppy.

And don't forget the huge oil pipeline that travels along the northern part of Afghanistan. Thats where most if not all of the US soldiers are based. Guard duty on assets. While other nations patrol the southern part where there is more hostility. Hmmmm... No wonder the Canadians were antsy about patrolling the southern part while their nabours held the north.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Jprofit;

I have to admit I did not realize that dogs were part of this discussion,so for that I apoligise.

My sole point is that I am tired of having people criticise the troops without any understanding whatsoever just so they can say "I hate the troops and they are all stupid, criminal, baby killers."

If you have no experience with the military or ever talked to someone in the military say so, that way you can show you are talking out of your rear end. If you are, were, or have any experience with the military then you have every moral right to criticise them.

And you cannot just say "I quit" and take your ball home with you. My signature that I put down when I joined the military (and I dare say all other military people) is worth more than your criticisms and derision combined.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by no name needed

Do tell what you have done to "stand up" against this government and their atrocities?

Have you risked your paycheck or your pension or your medical coverage?

These people are sacraficing everything, life, limb, assets, relationships. Even if they were misguided when they joined up, can't you people at least understand what loss many have suffered?

I peacefully protest the war! What should I do? Get violent? Risk paycheck, pension,medical coverage? HELL NO, I got a real job (not one given to me because I sold my soul to uncle sam) in the private sector. I DON"T HAVE TO RISK. These people risk all these things but signed that commitment to the military, knowing what was at steak. They will get something out of it that made it worth the risk; otherwise, they wouldn't be where they are at. Yes Sir, I understand what they have lost, but again, it was their choice to be in that situation.

Do you feel sorry for a homeless man who is capable but refuses to work? He suffers, but is in that situation by choice and can get out of that situation anytime he wishes to take a stand against his plight.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wilbert and No name needed:

If my memory is correct was the Taliban not the Government of Afganistan. If so then that means they sanctioned the attack.

As far as the hijackers being from Saudi Arabia, well that proves that my disdain of Islam is acceptable.

I know nothing of the oil in Afganistan so I cannot comment on that, but the last two months there it was U.S. troops that were killed more than any other.

Iraq I will admit is about oil. At first I wasnt sure but with bush pushing for a commitment to keep troops there and the oil companies moving back in before security is finished I will give you that.

Again; the soldiers cannot just say no.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

And you cannot just say "I quit" and take your ball home with you. My signature that I put down when I joined the military (and I dare say all other military people) is worth more than your criticisms and derision combined.

When in the box.. it's easy to throw out rules and obligations due to the processes in place which govern and rule those they are there to subjugate.

When one thinks out of the box, it becomes apparent that those rules and obligations is nothing more then an excuse and control tactic for a select few.

Your signature to you may feel it has credence due to the laws and those in power who say YOU agreed, is nothing more then them giving you a false sense of security of being obliged to commit.

Government officials lie. Businesses lie and cheat. It's all about control on another.

Simply saying consequences will happen if action is taken out of the norm is a cowards way out if they do not retract their agreement.

Yes.. the unknown is scary.. but so too the fact that if they can mass an army of submissive individuals to do as they please, what will happen when they turn those same submissive individuals on their families and friends? Albeit they may be in a different state, but it will be against the citizens.

They may use factions within their country to simplify the need to use force.

So you and others in your careers go ahead and hide behind your rules and laws.. so long as it gives an excuse.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Again; the soldiers cannot just say no.

Ahhh...but they can "just say no" they just don't want to suffer the "consequences", which would be nil if they all stood as one and said NO.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Jprofit;

I have to admit I did not realize that dogs were part of this discussion,so for that I apoligise.

My sole point is that I am tired of having people criticise the troops without any understanding whatsoever just so they can say "I hate the troops and they are all stupid, criminal, baby killers."

If you have no experience with the military or ever talked to someone in the military say so, that way you can show you are talking out of your rear end. If you are, were, or have any experience with the military then you have every moral right to criticise them.

My best friend is a VFW. My dad is a VFW. His bothers were both VFW's. His father was a VFW. I have worked with men and women from every branch of the military.

You directly treated me with disrespect in your posts sir. My derision is for you and not all members of the military. I said I did not support them and explained why. I did not disrespect anyone. I did not spit on anyone. I did not call them baby killer.

And you treated me as tho I had.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by no name needed
I peacefully protest the war! What should I do? Get violent? Risk paycheck, pension,medical coverage? HELL NO, I got a real job (not one given to me because I sold my soul to uncle sam) in the private sector. I DON"T HAVE TO RISK. These people risk all these things but signed that commitment to the military, knowing what was at steak. They will get something out of it that made it worth the risk; otherwise, they wouldn't be where they are at. Yes Sir, I understand what they have lost, but again, it was their choice to be in that situation.

Of course you don't have to risk, you will expect and leave that to your friends and family.

Ok so you admit you are willing to do nothing. Yet this is what you expect:

Originally posted by no name needed
I have friends and family in the military, both presently and formerly. I have heard all the "stories" I care to hear. They all know that I do not support them and, although it displeases them, I have made it very clear to them that it displeases me that they will not stand up against the the atrocities our government afflicts on others by misuse of the military. They are just tools being utilized for a political agenda. They understand and accept my feelings.

I'm sure they understand what you are.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If my memory is correct was the Taliban not the Government of Afganistan. If so then that means they sanctioned the attack.

Please show me the investigation that proved Taliban caused 9/11?

Even China is wondering about proof of who caused the 9/11. So far its just been based on what was said but some US officials.

And if its just the fact the Talibans hate the West? Then why has the US not attacked and invaded other nations who despise the West?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wilbert:

That sigature was my commitment to my country. That signature represented my word as a man. To you and others it may seem contrite, stupid, or even easily bought. Regardless, it is mine and no one can take it away.

And those who did put their names on that paper and then cried when they found they were not capable of living up to that standard, you deserve everything you recieve in life.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I'm sure they understand what you are.

What exactly am I?

I'll tell you who I am: Someone who loves peace. Someone who sees diplomatic solutions to problems. Someone who believes that defending one's self/property/family/friends/society/country only begins when these things are encroached upon by invaders coming into my life and causing harm to my existence. I will fight then, and only then, just like every other red blooded American.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by no name needed]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Jprofit:

I do admit that I sometimes lose sight of my temper. When that happens I do tend to let passion over rule courtesy. For putting you in with the people who do say those things; you have, and I hope you accept my apoligy.

And with your family background you do have the right I respect to say what is on your mind.

Sincerely
Thomas

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wilbert:

Fortunately, or unfortunately, I am not a conspiracy person. If you can prove that it was not the Taliban then I will listen.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join