It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama Considering Another Perseus Exec for His Campaign?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
First it was Frank Pearl, Chairman of Perseus LLC contributing to Obama's campaign for Senate in 2003. Then it was Obama naming Perseus Vice Chairman James Johnson to head his committee to select a VP.

And now it's looking like a third Perseus LLC executive is becoming active in Obama's campaign: Richard Holbrooke.

Perseus LLC

What's interesting about this is that Holbrooke was part of the Clinton administration, and was a huge Hillary supporter. Now he's holding private fundraisers in London for Obama, and his name is being thrown around as possible Secretary of State or VP.

Just as a reminder to those who haven't been following, Perseus LLC is a multi-billion dollar hedge fund and Perseus is partnered with George Soros.

Johnson, Pearl, and Holbrooke are all affiliated with America for Bilderberg, with Pearl even listing his membership in his bio.

Perseus is heavily invested in alternative energy companies, the same industry that Obama plans to subsidize with $50 billion in tax money if elected.

Holbrooke Raising Money for Obama in London

Richardson Pushes for Holbrooke on Obama's "Team"

Holbrooke on "Short List" for VP?

Holbrooke Vying for Secretary of State?

Hmmm.... I wonder if Holbrooke has any connections to Zbigniew Brzezinksi....

Gee... what surprise!

East Timor Controversy

In August of 1977, then Assistant Secretary of State Richard Holbrooke traveled to Indonesia to meet with Suharto in the midst of one of the Indonesian military’s brutal counterinsurgency campaigns in East Timor in which tens of thousands of East Timorese were being slaughtered. Holbrook visited officially to press for human rights reform, however once Suharto was met by Holbrooke, he was praised for Indonesia’s human rights improvements and was told that he in fact welcomed the steps that Indonesia had taken to open East Timor to the West, allowing a delegation of congressmen to enter the territory under strict military guard, where they were greeted by staged celebrations, welcoming the Indonesian armed forces.

Behind the scenes, Holbrooke and Zbigniew Brzezinski, played point in trying to frustrate the efforts of congressional human rights activists to try and condition or stop US military assistance to Indonesia and in fact accelerated the flow of weapons to Indonesia at the height of the genocide.

Source

Now Holbrooke is raising money overseas for Obama. And Brzezinski's son, Mark Brzezinski, who is an Obama advisor, is also a PARTNER of corporate law firm McGuireWoods. McGuireWoods represents some of the largest and most powerful corporations, as well as a number of alternative energy companies.

One of McGuireWoods largest clients is Verizon. And it's Verizon that will directly benefit from Obama's support of the FISA bill that gives Verizon retroactive immunity for being an accomplice to illegal spying on U.S. citizens.

And McGuireWoods lawyer Jeremiah Posedal was Obama's deputy campaign director in his 2004 Senate campaign.

Is there anybody left who is really gullible enough to believe that Obama represents a "different kind of politics?"

I wonder why the main stream media isn't reporting this information?

[edit on 8-7-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Richardson will be the VP AND the button man for the CFR/Bildebergers.
Soros holds the purse strings. Holbrooke won't be VP. He'll just be
one of the dark overlords (picture a Harry Potter dementor) that
floats around the dank and darkened halls of the Obama West Wing.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
And I just found this one...

Mark Brzezinski and McGuireWoods organized an event in the Ukraine in which Richard Holbrooke was the featured speaker.

The briefing was organized by the UCCA America and McGuireWoods LLP, an international law firm, in whose Washington offices the event was held. The briefing was moderated by Mark Brzezinski of McGuireWoods.

Source

I just started researching these connections. I'm going to be out the rest of the day.

Anybody else here want to pick up where I left off and do some original research on the connections between Perseus execs, Holbrooke, McGuireWoods, Brzezinski, et al.?

This goes much deeper than I first thought.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Richardson will be the VP AND the button man for the CFR/Bildebergers.
Soros holds the purse strings. Holbrooke won't be VP. He'll just be
one of the dark overlords (picture a Harry Potter dementor) that
floats around the dank and darkened halls of the Obama West Wing.

The BIG problem here is that the men behind Obama have no loyalty to the U.S. or any other country. They're mercenaries, led by George Soros. Soros nearly broke the bank of England by shorting the pound. Now they're planning on making a few billion more dollars using Obama as their front man.

When are people going to wake up? This is a blue pill or red pill moment....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Obama is the chosen one, and its not by the people but those in financial global power. It looks as if Holbrooke has a real shot at being in another presidential administration.

People in politics to me aren't much different than most sag members in Hollywood, they all enjoy being on center stage.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
*cough*

Stop taking the bilderberg thing out of proportion, child.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
*cough*

Stop taking the bilderberg thing out of proportion, child.

I'm not sure what proportion the bilderberg thing shoud be taken?

More to the point, the Bilderberg "thing" is incidental to the story. The importance to this story, which apparently you seemed to have either missed or ignored, is that there is a direct connection between Obama, Perseus, and McGuireWoods law firm.

Perseus and McGuireWoods represent large corporations, both figuratively and literally. Obama's pronounced policies directly benefit the large corporations represented by Perseus and McGuireWoods.

And yet Obama continues to blather on about how he represents a different kind of politics. He doesn't. He's lying. He represents the interests of Pearl, Holbrooke, Johnson, Soros, and Brzezinski, along with the interests of their clients.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Considering the fact that you changed the title of the thread, it's not too surprising that you would say that.

Sorry, i got the nasty feeling that you were using that link as a method of drawing people into the thread so they could listen to you blather on about how pathetic Obama is.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by jamie83

Considering the fact that you changed the title of the thread, it's not too surprising that you would say that.

Sorry, i got the nasty feeling that you were using that link as a method of drawing people into the thread so they could listen to you blather on about how pathetic Obama is.

Have you even bothered looking at the big picture of who is backing Obama and why?

Try googling Smithfield Foods, Perseus LLC, McGuireWoods, Bioenergy, etc.

Obama supports having tariffs on imported sugar cane which can produce 8 times more ethanol per acre than corn. Why? Because Perseus and their execs are heavily invested in corn-based ethanol production.

It's not about what's best for the country. It's about what's best for Obama's backers. It's disgusting.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
It's not about what's best for the country. It's about what's best for Obama's backers. It's disgusting.

And?

Do you have a method of approaching this problem constructively or are you just going to continue attacking him as if it will actually do anything?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

And?

Do you have a method of approaching this problem constructively or are you just going to continue attacking him as if it will actually do anything?

Yes, my method of approaching this problem is to first make people aware of the truth about Obama and who he is working for. This is made necessary because millions of people actually have bought into Obama's lies that he is immune from the influence of special interest groups.

We can clearly see that Obama's connections to Perseus and McGuireWoods run deep, and that Perseus and McGuireWoods stand to benefit greatly if Obama somehow manages to keep fooling people.

Would you prefer not to learn these facts about Obama? I know some Obama supporters become very upset and agitated when the truth about Obama is pointed out.

If so, just put me on your ignore list.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's too bad i can't read this OP at all, though i imagine its the same thing i've read 1,402,999 times on these boards.

That being said

go check out any politician, in any election, since....John Adams.

I can promise you there are people in their campaign who you could consider a little shady.

I can promise you the reason they are there is money.

What would you have them fuel their campaign with? Hopes, dreams, and the blood of a local witch doctor?

Money makes the world go 'round, and without a lot of it, you dont stand a chance in an election.

Filthy men have filthy amounts of money.

Sad. But True.

What makes a true test of character, however, is how a man handles his "filthy men". Do they cave in and give these men what they want? Some do. Some don't.

Will Obama? Time will tell.

But reporting "Obama might get a man who has money into his campaign"

is like saying "Jamie started another anti-obama post"

It just makes sense

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
yeah, yeah, obama is going to destroy this nation, blah, blah ....aren't you right wingers getting tired of this. it just pisses you guys off that he is going to win...what next "OBAMA THE HITLER OF OUR TIME"... that's one i haven't heard yet. please just go away

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Would you prefer not to learn these facts about Obama?

Why do you think i don't?

I apologise if you've missed something.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin

What makes a true test of character, however, is how a man handles his "filthy men". Do they cave in and give these men what they want? Some do. Some don't.

Will Obama? Time will tell.

But reporting "Obama might get a man who has money into his campaign"

is like saying "Jamie started another anti-obama post"

Andrew, I would suggest you open your mind a little here. This is not merely a case of men with money supporting Obama.

This is a case of two organizations, Perseus LLC and the law firm of McGuireWoods being the center of Obama's entire campaign.

-Perseus LLC is partnered with George Soros.
-George Soros gave MoveOn.org at least $5 million cash.
-MoveOn.org then blasted emails to 8 million people endorsing Obama.
-MoveOn.org had to renounce their 527 status because of this.
-Mark Brzezinski, son of Zbigniew Brzezinski, is a partner of McGuireWoods.
-Mark Brzezinski and Richard Holbrooke co-wrote foreign policy white papers.
-Holbrooke is a Vice-Chairman of Perseus.
-Obama selected another Vice-Chairman of Perseus to head his committee to select a VP.
Holbrooke's is being reported as a possible VP candidate and Sec. of State.
-McGuireWoods represents telecom giant Verizon.
-Obama caved on the FISA bill, voting to give Verizon retroactive immunity.
-Execs from Perseus and Chairman of McGuireWoods are on board of Smithfield Foods.
-Smithfield Foods is heavily invested in corn-based ethanol production.
-Obama support high tariffs on sugar cane imports for ethanol production, even though sugar cane is a much more efficient source of power.

So you ask will Obama give these men what they want? Time has already shown he HAS given them what they want.

1. He's voted to give Verizon immunity.
2. he's obstructing competition to Smithfield Foods ethanol production.
3. He's name Perseus exec to head his VP search.
4. He's decided to forgo public financing so he can keep accepting money from these men and MoveOn.org members,
5. He's named McGuireWoods partner Mark Brzezinki one of his foreign policy advisors.
6. He's named Zbigniew Brzezinksi a foreign policy advisor.
7. He's named Lee Hamilton a foreign policy advisor.

What you're missing Andrew is that this isn't just a random series of associations. This is a planned and concerted effort by the Perseus and McGuireWoods "filthy men" to place Obama in power so they can ride his coattails into power and financial gains for themselves.

What's most troubling about this is that George Soros is at the center of this. Soros has no loyalty to the U.S. Brzezinki and Holbrooke, like Soros, are also eastern Europeans who have historically placed foreign concerns ahead of U.S. interests.

And where your logic falls apart is here...

Obama has declined public financing because his campaign is being funded by the "public" with millions of small donors. According to Obama, he doesn't NEED the money from these "filthy men."

So then why is surrounding himself with them?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
yeah, yeah, obama is going to destroy this nation, blah, blah .... please just go away

Thanks for another great example of Obama supporters consistent pattern of wanting to silence dissenting voices.

Just go away?

I'm not sure, but I think that's one of the symptoms of a cult -when confronted with evidence that their cult leader isn't who he says he is, cult members would rather put their heads in the sand and pretend it's not true.

So why not comment on the topic?

Do you not find it curious that Obama is apparently considering another Perseus LLC exec to be in his cabinet?

Or that Holbrooke, the Perseus LLC Vice Chairman and Hillary supporter, is now raising money for the Obama campaign?

At what point will you wake up and realize that the Democratic primary was a charade. It wasn't Hillary vs. Obama.

It was Perseus vs. Perseus.

And guess who was guaranteed to win?

top topics

join