It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Dreams and What They Mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've had some pretty weird dreams in my life, but some have left me wondering if they actually mean anything? Not necessarily to do with predicting anything, but metaphorically or something. The last one is really puzzling.

This dream I had, I can't remember much, but it was really weird but nice. There was what looked like a planet in the centre, and all these rings around it and different shapes in lots of different colours orbiting this planet. And I could step onto different lines going around the planet like they were platforms. I think there were bubbles somewhere in the dream too, but that's about all I can remember. It seemed to me that it had something to do with geometry, because I think most of the shapes were geometrical like when you look at those sacred geometry pictures.

Another dream I had was about these huge colourful birds that could fly in space, I don't know how, but they could. And they were huge, like half the size of a planet maybe. I was sitting on one as we rode through space to a planet, which I think was being destroyed. And then the other day, I saw another members avatar with something called the "Cosmic Bird" on it.

Cosmic Bird

And it struck me as weird, because it seemed a lot like my dream in a way.

This is a dream I had when I was younger, around maybe 10 or something. It felt like I had just woken up and the door was partially closed, like I used to have it. My mum and dad, it seemed, were out in the dining room or kitchen which was just outside my door and the lights were on. Then I looked into the mirror that was opposite my bed (it was quite a big mirror on a dressing table) and I saw something near the corner of my bed.

Around that time in my life, I was really scared of mice for some reason, and what I saw near the corner under my bed just where my head was, looked like a mouse. A white mouse, and for some reason, it frightened me so much I started screaming. I don't know why but I was just so terrified. It was probably a sock, but I was so scared. Would being scared of mice have caused that dream? I don't know, but it just seemed weird. When I saw the mouse it just filled me with such dread and I felt like I couldn't move.

This dream I had, more like a nightmare, was when I was younger as well. For some reason, I was walking up the path at the back of our house at night. Btw, the path up to the back door of this house was slanted and was along the back wall of the house leading down to the driveway and shed, and it looked exactly like in real life only it was so dark and the sky was tainted red slightly. Anyway I was making my way up to the back door, when I heard a noise coming from the clothes line, like something was rattling the wires and pegs on it. I looked but nothing was there.

I kept walking, but then a few steps more, there was the noise again. But still I couldn't see anything there. I finally got to the back door and tried to open it. It wouldn't open though and I tried calling to my mum and dad but they were asleep and couldn't hear me and it scared me cos I knew something was out in the dark. I then felt something start tickling me or touching me and it wouldn't stop or let me go and I was so terrified. And then I would wake up.

What's weird about this dream is that I had it at least 3 or maybe 4 times and it was at the same house. But when we moved I didn't have them anymore. What's even weirder is that not long ago my dad told me that someone had committed suicide at that house. It's kind of creepy to think about actually.

I guess I'm just curious if any of my dreams mean anything, because they're not really the typical kind of dreams that you'd have, well not me anyway.

Any thoughts please? And please go easy, I haven't really told much people about these dreams.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Those are some pretty interesting ones.

I just had one a few days ago that a girlfriend of mines black cat was wearing a black trench coat like Neo of the Matrix and was dogging rabbid squarrels that where trying to attack. Joey the cat was not moving just bending forward, sideways and backwards.

Does this mean I'm thinking of a new sequel to the movies. Kitty Matrix: Tunafish Time!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Are you being serious?

Oh well if not, cool idea for a new Matrix movie!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes, unfortunately I'm very serious. I have a constant sense of humor to the point that I'm thinking of silly things in my dreams.

My girlfriends and ex-wife tell me that my sense of humor is one of the things that helped them fall in love, but after awhile they say it gets old.

I can't help it. That's just the way I'm always thinking.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There was a time a few years back that I would dream about evil kittens. Sounds stupid I know, but these buggers were cute and mean. They would clasp themselves around either my hand or foot and would scratch and gnaw at me. The part that bothered me the most was my inability to shake them off.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Oh ok then lol. I'm always joking around with my sister, but I never have funny dreams like that, darn..

reply to post by maria_stardust

Dreams are weird like that! That actually does sound a little scary. Especially because when you're dreaming you can't really do anything about it. Unless you're a lucid dreamer, but then I think that that's hard to do. I'm not sure I've ever lucid dreamed, although I suppose if I had, I'd know lol. Anyway, interesting dream.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In a great majority of my dreams I start to run and then leap and eventually fly, other than that my dreams are mostly about what had occured that day, just in different form.
The dreams I absolutly hate are when there are ufo's that start to appear, when they come into a dream they usually try to paralize me in a "tractor beam" like thing and abduct me. In one dream I was in Ireland filming a tv show and I was standing on top of a cliff with the edge of it behind me, a two ufos rose up from the sea and started chasing us, they shot beams at me and my crew, they took some of my crew but not me, i woke up before they got me. In another (the most recent) I was in colorado staying in a cabin, sudenly all these ufo's start to appear and I started filming them, not much really happened, they didn't try to get me or anything that time.
Also, in my dreams if I fall off a building or a cliff, I always hit the bottom and can feel it, it hurts real bad, but then i get back up and keep on going, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.
Dreams are usaully either your mind is trying to solve a problem, you are just recycling what has happened that day or week or you are having an experience that i don't know what to really call. That's all I know.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am the queen of strange dreams. I have one at least once a week. What I find really interesting about my dreams is that I always wake up feeling emotionally effected by them.

My common dream theme is about school. 90% of my dreams take place in a school which is funny because I haven't been in school for 10 years.

However the most haunting dream I have had that effects me to this day was this: We were at a park. My daughter was off playing on a grassy knoll in the park, my son and I were sitting on the hood of our car and my fiance was standing in front of our car leaning back on the fender. Suddenly this blimp like object appeared in the sky. It had a flag on it and we realized that it was a bomb coming right towards us and we had like seconds to live. I looked over to where my daughter was and realized that I would've never had enough time to reach her to say goodbye. Shewas still playing because the area she was playing in was surrounded by large trees that hid the view of the sky. So I held my son and informed him that we were going to die and that we would be surrounded with angels soon. I held him close, laid down with him on the car and closed my eyes tight. Then it felt like I was being pelted with metal and I died...in my dream.

It as really freaky.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Interesting. I have a lot of flying dreams too, but for some reason I can never remember actually getting in the air, I'm already in it just flying around going wherever I need to go to do what I have to do.

Your tractor beam dream is weird. Never had that experience but I have a lot of UFO dreams. Just last night I had a dream where I was in like a military helicopter and there were two aliens in there sitting opposite to me. The one I remember looked kind of like an Asgard alien but taller and looked more like the head alien on Lilo & Stitch. It said something to me about it's race type called the "Obeyer" or "Obeyers"? Lol, weird. Before that I was I flying around in this little ball looking thing. It was like a helicopter but round, I could go any way I wanted and I was shooting (or trying to shoot) the bad guys I think. At least I don't get bored while I sleep

Another dream I had a few nights ago, I was looking out my window with the light off, and I saw a UFO. I was really excited but as it got closer I felt more anxious and dread. I looked through my telescope and saw the aliens inside, I think they were the same looking ones in the dream above. Anyway I quickly rushed out of my room into the lounge area and acted like nothing was happening and hoped that my family didn't know what was going on. But then an alien came out of my room and my family knew then, except for mum who was asleep lol. I tried to get something to shoot it with, I don't think it worked though. I then asked God to make them go away. The ones who were in the house did. But then they kept coming back. I kept asking God to make them go away, but they kept coming back lol. Quite scary at the time. After that I woke up.

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Also, in my dreams if I fall off a building or a cliff, I always hit the bottom and can feel it, it hurts real bad, but then i get back up and keep on going, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

I've had some of those falling dreams too, not lately though. For me, I'm always playing soccer and I go to kick the ball, but trip and fall instead lol.

Dreams are usaully either your mind is trying to solve a problem, you are just recycling what has happened that day or week or you are having an experience that i don't know what to really call. That's all I know.

My dreams are almost never about what happened during the day. Maybe they are I don't know but not literally more like metaphorically, symbolically I'd guess.

Another thing, most of my dreams are vivid and have a lot of details. Must have something to do with my overactive imagination lol..

[edit on 19/7/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

[edit on 19/7/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Yeah, I have the same thing, I have strange dreams quite often too.

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
My common dream theme is about school. 90% of my dreams take place in a school which is funny because I haven't been in school for 10 years.

I get that a lot too. It's so weird, my school looks exactly like I remember every time. The school I always dream about is my primary school, sometimes old teachers and friends are there, but like they'd never aged a day. Other times I see people I don't know personally but have seen on tv. I guess it has something to do with familiarity?

Your bomb dream is scary. Especially, when you knew you only had seconds to live and you couldn't do anything about it.

I kinda had a dream like that. It was a bomb dream too, but it was in a shopping centre. My family were there too but I didn't know where they were. I went out to the front of the shopping centre in time to see the bomb almost go off (there was one of those countdown timer things). So I rushed as fast as could back inside, and I think I hid somewhere. The bomb went off, and then I came out. It was really sad because there were a lot of dead animals and people, although some miraculously, were alive. I think that was it then, can't remember

Then it felt like I was being pelted with metal and I died...in my dream.

That must have been weird. Do you remember what it felt like as you were dying? The reason I ask is because, I've died before in my dream too. I was sitting in the cinema with some of my family on those benches with tables in between them you get at the park (there was also grass in the cinema too). I had my back to the door and this guy with a gun came in. There were other people there and we all were worried. I couldn't see him, but I kept thinking to myself I hope he doesn't shoot me or my family. But then I felt something hit me in the back and I knew he'd shot me. It felt so weird. It didn't hurt, but I felt like, a vibration as it hit me. And as I was dying my family were gathered around me, and all the other people. They'd called a doctor, but it was too late. I could feel myself falling away into just nothingness, except for my thoughts. I wonder if that's how it really feels to die?

Dreams are so weird..

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
My school is never the same school and never any school I have ever been to, although it is usually always high school. However the last one strangely enough is college and I have never been to college.

When I died in the bomb dream it didn't hurt. The feeling of being pelted with metal felt just like a hard rain. When I died everything just went blank except not dark blank, it was like I was in a seamless white room. Then I woke up.

I had oone other dream where I died and it was even weirder. I was hit by a bus in this dream and I woke up in the hospital completly fine, so I thought I came out of the accident fine. Then I discovered that I did in fact die and was on another plane of exsistance where you go when you die and for dead people, the hospital turns into a treatment center for the newly dead.

There were three stages of treatment. The first stage was realizing and coping with the fact that you were dead. The second stage was controlling spirit emotions because in this dream, apparently dead people can feel emotions twice as much as people who are alive can. Therefore when you feel pleasure it was euphoric and when you felt pain it was agonizing. The third stage was training to become a spirit guide for the living.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I had oone other dream where I died and it was even weirder. I was hit by a bus in this dream and I woke up in the hospital completly fine, so I thought I came out of the accident fine. Then I discovered that I did in fact die and was on another plane of exsistance where you go when you die and for dead people, the hospital turns into a treatment center for the newly dead.

There were three stages of treatment. The first stage was realizing and coping with the fact that you were dead. The second stage was controlling spirit emotions because in this dream, apparently dead people can feel emotions twice as much as people who are alive can. Therefore when you feel pleasure it was euphoric and when you felt pain it was agonizing. The third stage was training to become a spirit guide for the living.

Wow, now that is an interesting dream. I wonder what it means? Do you think it has any truth in it? Amazing if it did..

top topics

join