It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-EPA Official: White House Lied To Hide Cheney's Role In Eviscerating Global Warming Testimony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Ex-EPA Official: White House Lied To Hide Cheney's Role In Eviscerating Global Warming Testimon

thinkprogress.org

CDC officials revealed that the reason for the weak testimony was that the White House had heavily edited Gerberding’s testimony...“It was eviscerated,” said a CDC official, familiar with both versions, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the review process.

The official said that while it is customary for testimony to be changed in a White House review, these changes were particularly “heavy-handed,”

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
First off to all those who do not believe in global warming and human's roll in this phenomenon let this story be a lesson to you, the government is trying to COVER IT UP not force it on the people like so many claim.

The government in cahoots with or at the bidding of the corporations that contribute to this phenomenon really want us all to believe this is purely a natural cycle and that humans are in no way contributing. Of courser the planet is a very complex machine so there will undoubtedly be other variables but that is no reason to assume humans are not playing a roll as well.

Cheney's behavior should be a warning bell to anyone that thinks the government is actively trying to make us believe.

The White House tried denying that it had “watered down” Gerberding’s testimony, but Press Secretary Dana Perino later admitted that the Office of Management and Budget had redacted testimony that contained “broad characterizations about climate change science that didn’t align with the IPCC.”

A new letter from former EPA administration official Jason Burnett, however, reveals that the White House was lying. In fact, Vice President Cheney called for the deletions because he feared tough testimony by Gerberding might make it harder for the Bush administration to avoid regulating greenhouse gas emissions:

The White House, at the urging of Cheney’s office, “requested that I work with CDC to remove from the testimony any discussion of the human health consequences of climate change,” wrote Burnett.

“CEQ [Council on Environmental Quality] contacted me to argue that I could best keep options open for the (EPA) administrator (on regulating carbon dioxide) if I would convince CDC to delete particular sections of their testimony,” Burnett said in the letter to Boxer.

It is interesting to me that the issue Cheney was worried about "Human Health impacts of climate change. Obviously he is working for the corporations and not the people.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've heard a lot of people claiming that since global warming is partly (or even entirely) due to natural causes we should not take action, because there is nothing to do...what I fail to understand is : If global warming is not due to human activity, doesn't that make it even more dangerous? I mean; at least if it's our fault we can do something about it, by reducing carbon/methane... emissions but if it's due to external (solar) or natural (cycle) causes what are we supposed to do about it? Just because it isn't(?) caused by us does not make it less dangerous, actually i'd like to hear your ideas about how we are supposed to get out of this mess if we aren't the ones causing it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I vote that we get G-Dub, Mrs.Rice, Cheney, and all the seats of congress and give them a one year infantry deployment in a combat zone, sent them to third world country to see what they should be stopping, and then send them back here and one member of each American family gets to pimp slap each of them. After that there billions should be distributed evenly to something that will benefit the American people. Then take them to Europe, Africa, Middle East, and South America so everyone can throw objects at thier rich ugly faces.

We should take away all their yachts, mansions, vacation homes, and luxury cars. And make them live like the American people that they are "representing." We should send their spoiled rich family to public schools, take away their prada shoes and italian suits, and then give them a job and make them live for themselves. As a matter of fact all politicians should do this. It'll be a "political bootcamp" all aspiring politicans will have to complete.

Maybe after all this happens will we have a honest politician who can truly be the voice of America and a helping hand to the world. Until then i'll grab my nut sack and raise my middle finger to the political world. Does anyone want to purchase my vote?

"wall street kids are just the same, working class kids got no shame!"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

I agree with everything you said, except "one year infantry deployment in a combat zone". G-Dub, Mrs.Rice, Cheney, and many of the seats of congress would make piss poor soldiers, and I would not feel safer by their deployment. OTOH draft them, then send them to Leavenworth, then give them a dishonorable discharge, before the pimp slapping.

Re the "redactions". This is worse than Watergate, and certainly worse than boinking an intern. What Cheney did affects the entire Earth and future generations. This is cover up on a grand scale.

You know, Anonymous, yes, just what are the plans for global warming, even if it weren't caused by humans? The only plans these people had in coming in to power were plans to use that power to de facto colonize and to fill their and their friends wallets.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by desert]

new topics

top topics

join