It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Island Petroglyph decoded

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

10. Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
reply to post by Byrd

Hey Byrd, exactly which one of these prehistoric stone-carver's did you speak to? In what language? Being born into a culture does not automatically make you a historian of that culture. People are not only a product of what they can see, they are even more a product of their blindness. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it is my understanding that even modern day inhabitants of Easter Island cannot decipher rongo-rongo. Have you compared the "birdman" petroglyphs to those of Mesoamerica? I studied "mechanical drawing" before attending college, i used that learned skill to understand Pacal's craft and how it could shapeshift. It showed me there were "parts" missing. It seemed to me that the most logical place to start the search is the place they were missing from. Sure enough, there they were, hidden from sight. The birdman petroglyph's have the same hidden features, this to me is truth, not the opinion of some person pretending to have mental superiority over his fellow man.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
Hey Byrd, exactly which one of these prehistoric stone-carver's did you speak to?

None, but the carvings aren't prehistoric. The island was settled about 1000 AD, and the oral traditions are very well recorded.

In what language? Being born into a culture does not automatically make you a historian of that culture.

But it makes you more aware of the history of the culture and the people's symbols and traditions than someone who doesn't read up on the culture and who doesn't speak to the people. I assume that you haven't spoken to any of the people and that your research only involved looking at the images -- that you haven't been there, haven't written to anyone who lives there, and haven't read any of the books or seen the film "Rapa Nui".

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it is my understanding that even modern day inhabitants of Easter Island cannot decipher rongo-rongo.

Quite true, but the amount of rongorongo script is pretty scanty.

Have you compared the "birdman" petroglyphs to those of Mesoamerica?

In fact, I have. I'm an anthropologist and did some trips to museums in Central America (Costa Rica, mostly) and I looked at petroglyphs and shamanistic animals in context with a paper I'm working on... looking at quite literally thousands of pictures (and taking hundreds of them) from Texas down through Mexico and beyond.

I've talked with people and read what writers from the 1800's, 1700's, and so forth said from their interviews with local people.

I studied "mechanical drawing" before attending college, i used that learned skill to understand Pacal's craft and how it could shapeshift.

It's a pity you didn't study anthropology. You'd have found out that the symbols on Pacal's tomb are writing and that we know what these words say. You'd have also seen the world tree symbol before as well as the symbol of the Underworld Monster... associated with texts that identify them as those symbols.

You would find that reading the language using the symbols is an interesting exercise and makes the monuments and pictures so much more interesting. You would also find out how much people cut out when trying to "prove" that a picture means one thing or another -- and how the first thing they chop off are the writing that talks about what the object is.

The birdman petroglyph's have the same hidden features, this to me is truth, not the opinion of some person pretending to have mental superiority over his fellow man.

In this case, though, you are claiming superior knowledge over the people who live there and who produced the drawings. These ceremonies are held every year and (as the people say) "have always been held."

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Humans and Birds have always had a very close relationship, as these photos of a Woman riding on a birds beak and holding an emergency air bag. This photo courtesy of NASA Apollo 17.

Lunar Lizardz Moon Research Pics

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Hey Byrd, Maybe you should read my thread first? I am not behind you, i am in front of you. Perhaps Easter Island was found and settled by island hopping polynesians seeking new lands to conquer or to escape from enemies, perhaps not. In college i majored in Philosophy of Religion, not a single religion, the concept of and formulation of systems of belief worldwide. Easter Island was just one of many i studied, and still do. I particularly like things to be carved in stone, makes it hard to counterfeit or to change the original meaning. Probably why the ten commandments were written in stone. Sorry, i cannot let you redefine prehistoric for your own benefit, it is before recorded history. Oral history and traditional dances, acts are subject to change. The death of a single character can change the meaning of a historical pageant. The first thing i can agree with you on is that i have never spoken to anyone on Easter Island, i don't know anyone there. My point is this, what does it matter? They were not there at the relative time period. There are however entities that were alive then and are still alive today that can and do show what was then and is now. I call to your attention the photograph i posted comparing the image of a "birdman" craft with it's modern day equivalent in Mexico. This is the benefit of doing your own research rather than parroting someone else's opinion. Have you done any research on the material on the Codex the Catholic church has buried in the vaults of the Vatican? They took all the images from the America's they could find, especially anything that went against their concept of monotheism.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
double post debris765nju

[edit on 13-7-2008 by debris765nju]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nnelsosj

Hey, thanks for the pictures, i'm working on them now. I'll let you know what i come up with.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hey Byrd, i wanted you to meet some of my sources. These are the entities i examine and the roles they played in the dynamics of human cultures. This is their natural state of being, always together and always changing positions. They are an extremely mobile civilization, if your senses are acute enough passing through them is like passing through a cloud. This is the truth about aliens whether you accept it or not. debris765nju

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Hey Byrd, Maybe you should read my thread first?

I have been.

Sorry, i cannot let you redefine prehistoric for your own benefit, it is before recorded history.

I should have been more precise with the term. I was using it in the broadest sense that people mean -- "older than 5,000 BC."

The first thing i can agree with you on is that i have never spoken to anyone on Easter Island, i don't know anyone there. My point is this, what does it matter?

It matters quite a bit. You're interpreting the meaning of symbols that people placed and their history of the symbols. The key in doing research isn't "what do I think this is" but "what is being said about it?"

There are however entities that were alive then and are still alive today that can and do show what was then and is now.

MMmkayyy... you don't believe the people and their oral and written histories but you DO believe "entities" whose existance you can't demonstrate and whose explainations/predictions don't match up with what's found subsequent to their "explaining" it to you?

I call to your attention the photograph i posted comparing the image of a "birdman" craft with it's modern day equivalent in Mexico.

There are no "birdmen" craft. They swam out to the rocks.

This is the benefit of doing your own research rather than parroting someone else's opinion.

It's kinda putting down the culture when you tell the natives that they have it all wrong about their traditions and symbols. And that's not research, either.

Have you done any research on the material on the Codex the Catholic church has buried in the vaults of the Vatican? They took all the images from the America's they could find, especially anything that went against their concept of monotheism.

Frequently.

You'd be surprised how often this topic comes up. And they're not in the Vatican, the Codices are in several places (one in Madrid). I've also stumbled through some of the Spanish commentaries written at the time the Codices were captured.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Hey Byrd, i wanted you to meet some of my sources.

Uhm... that sort of looks like a very bad picture of my husband with his shirt off. Except I know it's not him, because hubby's a mathemetician and would have mentioned this other stuff.

And yes, he's civilized and mobile.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Please take Byrd seriously debris. She knows what she is talking about, and everything mentioned can be verified. The evidence you have shown once again, isn't any type of evidence on any planet. Maybe your imaginative ideas could add some interest to other subjects, in other threads... but as far as the entities traveling through time-space in rocks, entities carving stones, and flying away in boulders associated with the dropa stones theories...... just give it a rest. There really and truly is nothing there. Please understand no one dislikes you, it's just that there is nothing to your theories. Not one iota of truth.

Being a non-conformist I hate, I mean hate this term, but in your case, in reference to ATS it seems to fit..."Sometimes you need to fit in before you can stand out."

Think about it sir.

For the record, I don't know why you felt the need to show us a picture of your belly. I wouldn't do it.... is there something there we are supposed to be able to see?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hey Byrd let me show you something anthropology missed about the Pacal Ship, the top view. At least they seem to have failed to make the connection that this is the blueprint for a vehicle an not some illusory tree leading to the underworld. See it even has a sun roof and engravings. The size and color scheme match exactly, almost like they were meant to be together. Kind of kills that tree thing, know what i mean?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

If it is a blueprint for a ship why don't you build one in your spare time? It struck me as odd the first time I saw it as well, but it has been debunked as space ship time and time again. Because it is framed with engravings and what not does not mean that is the outer hull of the ship. It just means that the picture had to end somewhere. It's art. If that is the blueprint, seems to be a pretty impractical ship. Good luck building it, I'll smile and apologize to you if you ever fly by in it.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Osiris1953]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Sorry Byrd. i misunderstood, i thought you wanted to discuss this culture, we both have at least a rudimentary knowledgeof the human culture, by the way, they did have craft, canoes. The carvings also denote a craft if you know how to look at it. I believe as it stands that you think i see more than is there and i think you see less.. Tell me you did not see the aliens on the left side of my belly. These are my witnesses, they were the original participants and they demonstrated pacal's craft in plain air from memory, yes, i say they pretty much blew your folk dances away.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by debris765nju]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Hey Byrd let me show you something anthropology missed about the Pacal Ship, the top view.

No, when they studied it, they studied the WHOLE tomb and not just the lid or part of the lid.

At least they seem to have failed to make the connection that this is the blueprint for a vehicle an not some illusory tree leading to the underworld.

Probably because this same symbol (Wacah Chan) occurs again and again in Mayan inscriptions. The writings talk about the great tree that unites the three worlds of the Maya. You can see the same symboic tree in the Temple of Inscriptions in Ix Chal:
www.didyouseethat.moodindigosea.com...

...and the Madrid Codex (not held by the Vatican, as I said before) :
members.shaw.ca...

Several examples are on this page:
members.shaw.ca...

We know it's a "world tree" because the Codexes (which you referred to before) call it a "world tree." Velikovski tried to pass it off as a rocket, but he was someone who didn't bother to actually think that the Mayans were intelligent enough to have a system of writing.

They wrote, had lots of poems and had (as it happens) lots of books.

The Mayans say it's a tree and at the roots is the Water God Monster who is the Underworld.

See it even has a sun roof and engravings. The size and color scheme match exactly, almost like they were meant to be together. Kind of kills that tree thing, know what i mean?

I dunno. The Mayans write that it's a tree. You say it's not.

I'm going with what the Mayans (who wrote the codexes) said it was.

And you do realize Pacal's tomb lid is carved in stone, right? So any "color" is not the way it was originally represented (colors have disintegrated over the years) and today what we see is mostly the bare carved stone purpose. And yes, the color of one area of a stone is usually close to the same color as another area of the stone.

The colors shown here are photo enhanced with Photoshop:
wotan.liu.edu...

You can see that the lid was painted but the paint has faded.

You can see the color of the stone better in this photo (they're lifting it up with automobile jacks) : www.civilization.ca...

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Sorry Byrd. i misunderstood, i thought you wanted to discuss this culture, we both have at least a rudimentary knowledgeof the human culture, by the way, they did have craft, canoes.

Yes, I know.

The carvings also denote a craft if you know how to look at it. I believe as it stands that you think i see more than is there and i think you see less.

Not quite. As it stands, I believe what the people themselves wrote about the symbols and paintings. They produced books and inscriptions and we know how to translate them. I've checked some of the translations and I agree that they seem to be correct.

You, however, don't believe what the people wrote about the images they made.

Tell me you did not see the aliens on the left side of my belly.

I see a picture taken from a device with a video chip that is not functioning correctly.

I would guess that it might be from an older piece of equipment -- I've had cameras and videos that functioned well and then as they aged started producing color "blooms" on certain areas as the chips failed. It's pretty common when the chip can't compensate correctly for light or shadow.

I don't see any entities. If there was something there, it would not appear only on a single camera/video. If it could be caught on one camera, then it could be caught (and look exactly the same) on other cameras of the same make and model.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey Byrd, Conceptually i would say you are on par with the average person on Rapa Nui and average Maya of the time, and i am not saying this like it is a bad thing. People believe in deities they cannot see, yet they maintain faith. As laymen, they do not have the knowledge of the leaders of the Church or faith they practice. The people generally follow their lead. Unfortunately politics and favoritism supplant knowledge and the knowledge is lost. Byrd, do you know what a "rebus" is? It is a picture puzzle that is designed to conceal words or pictures with the confines of another picture. The petroglyphs of Rapa Nui and the Maya are rebus. Try folding the Maya "tree" along the lines provided on the top and bottom of the sarcophagus lid, vertically, horizonally and diagonally. Amazingly enough all the lines still match up and still forms a complete picture. You do realize the temple was built around the tomb and sarcophagus lid, right? Ever wonder what possessed them to do that?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

MMmkayyy... you don't believe the people and their oral and written histories but you DO believe "entities" whose existance you can't demonstrate and whose explainations/predictions don't match up with what's found subsequent to their "explaining" it to you?

I hope you don't mind if i "demonstrate" what i see as intelligent non-human entities that were present with the so-called "dropa rulers" in 1948. I colorized the photograph, a lot of people cannot distinguish between the shades of gray. I do see these beings, i live with them. I think we all do, that it is just a lack of awarenesss. Byrd, it isn't a camera defect, i have many cameras. I have photo's from thousands of different cameras taken by people across time and around the world. I guarantee you they are not in collusion with me. I have seen every archaeological program on all the Education channels, i can show you these entities in kv-63. I had the black laquer-like substance removed from the female mummies sarcophagus (photo) the same day. I question reality, i have to because i see things that others do not. I can photograph them and communicate with them in a synchronous rebus type of way. The colors you see in the enhanced picture are the colors that appeared when i enhanced it, go figure. They like bright colors and fanciful imagery. Anyway, i just wanted to tell you that they (aliens) were just not on Rapa Nui, but they were always on the shoulders of leaders of every nation.

[edit on 14-7-2008 by debris765nju]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Byrd, do you know what a "rebus" is?

Yes.

The petroglyphs of Rapa Nui and the Maya are rebus.

No they aren't. The large panels of Mayan art are the equivalent of cartoons. The symbols around the art are actually writing. They didn't use English letters or English words, but this really is writing and not a rebus. If it was a rebus, we couldn't have translated Pacal's name or the year of his death... or anything else.

Try folding the Maya "tree" along the lines provided on the top and bottom of the sarcophagus lid, vertically, horizonally and diagonally. Amazingly enough all the lines still match up and still forms a complete picture.

Why do you find this amazing? The shape of the "world tree" is a cross or a plus... so yes, if you fold it, then it matches up. It's supposed to. All cultures have symmetrical designs like that which they use in textiles, pottery, and many forms of decoration. They're also used as symbols.

You do realize the temple was built around the tomb and sarcophagus lid, right? Ever wonder what possessed them to do that?

Their culture... and the knowledge of the workmen that say it's easier to build a temple around a nice big sarcophagus than it is to build a huge temple, drag the stone up the steps (and risk breaking it) and then maneuver it all the way down where it needs to be.

Many tombs around the world were built around sarcophagi for practical reasons.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Byrd, do you know what a "rebus" is?

Yes.

The petroglyphs of Rapa Nui and the Maya are rebus.

No they aren't. The large panels of Mayan art are the equivalent of cartoons. The symbols around the art are actually writing. They didn't use English letters or English words, but this really is writing and not a rebus. If it was a rebus, we couldn't have translated Pacal's name or the year of his death... or anything else.
Not only are they rebus, but the aliens of rapa nui also created one of you, they do time travel as well. About Pacal, i meant the whole picture lines up, not just the "cross or tree" The name and date could be correct or not. The rebus is symetrical, petroglyph #2 one reversed and overlapped by original. Which one of those Easter Island people forgot to tell you this tidbit of information? Only kidding. Good likeness for a rock.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hey Byrd, what do you think, you got stoned by the islanders and i got the milky way ( does one wear it like a crown or sit on it like a throne? Only kidding, maybe................lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join