It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US 'planned to test nerve gas on diggers'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

news.ninemsn.com.au...

news.ninemsn.com.au

Top secret US military plans to test deadly nerve gas by dropping it on soldiers in a remote Queensland rainforest during the Cold War have been uncovered in Australian Government archives.

Newly declassified Australian Defence Department and Prime Minister’s office files show that the United States was strongly pushing the Government for tests on Australian soil of two of the most deadly chemical weapons ever developed, VX and GB — better known as Sarin — nerve gas
(visit the link for the full news article)

mod edit: to replace url with article title

[edit on 8-7-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
What has the USA learnt from WW2?Nothing how barbaric can you get?Hitler gassed millions of Jews what does the USA try and do? Gas it's allies.Any wonder the USA is such a hated country worldwide it is up to the people of America to change the prevailent evil controlling the USA and it's citizens along with Governments worldwide.Don't let election rigging from changing the USA!Finish this Evil Empire for once and all before this country destroys the World as we know it!!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
cool find. gives us another reason to point at those dirty Americans and say "we don't take kindly to your kind around here."

your a bad sort. fancy trying to kill us with nerve gas. i demand formal apology.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

operation was to be kept secret because use of such weapons was almost certainly illegal under international law at the time.

you are dirty.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
"The plan, which was disclosed for the first time on Nine's SUNDAY program, called for 200 mainly Australian combat troops to be aerially bombed and sprayed with the chemical weapons — with all but a handful of the soldiers to be kept in the dark about the "full details" of the tests."

I hope they haven't been "aerially bombed" yet and QUICKLY know about this.
i hope all those 200 soldiers read this article immediately.

SAVE THEM!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rasunin

If this is the same as the one I saw the other day, it happened before I was even born.
I don't think them 200 soldiers would have much to worry about now

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
There is already a thread about this subject at US 'planned to test nerve gas on diggers'

zero lift

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This isn't the first action of this type that the US has had involvement with.
I'm sure you guys know all about MK ULTRA etc, and I'm sure they're still doing it to this day.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Please add comments and opinions in the existing news thread found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join