It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Mod!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would like to post something in the 'story' thread, but I want to make sure that it is approprite before I do. I have a philisophical work on the nature of reality that I was turning into a book many years ago (but never got around to finish) and I would like to post it so that perhaps it may benifit someone it. I would post it in the normal section, but it would be too long of a read to get the attention that I believe it diserves. It does not classify as a short story of fiction so I thought that it would be most polite to ask first.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How long are we talking here? Maybe break it into multiple parts, with each part being a separate thread? Perhaps a member has some web space, and would be willing to host it....that way, you could just quote a snippet and provide a link...

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Actually it is just the skeletal structure of a book at about 15 pages. I have tried to design a web site for it, but never have enough time or lose interest in it.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If you could send it as a word file, I'm sure someone could post it to a site for you.... Any takers?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have a brand new server, but I don't know how to host with it...if you do, I'll be happy to grant you any amount of webspace...

Jim

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks much, but I don't want to trouble anyone. Perhaps I will just get my lazy ass of the couch and finish that web site that I started years ago. I just thought that it would be easiest to just post it here, but I was not sure it that was proper. Thanks guys!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You could use it as the basis of an article for the new contest.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Why not simply use the "short story" forum? Isn't it what it's for?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Why not simply use the "short story" forum? Isn't it what it's for?

Not exactly fiction, not exactly a story. That's why I asked first. It is more like a rational explanation/comentary of pretty much everything.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Ask the Mods of that forum if its O.K to post or even ask William if its possible to post it there in the short story forum.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Explanation of everything there is, huh? I'm more than just intrigued. You have my attention on this one...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Explanation of everything there is, huh? I'm more than just intrigued. You have my attention on this one...

Looks like Jonna has some 1 to host! LOL

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
It is more like a rational explanation/comentary of pretty much everything.

Nice.

"Wherein Is Explained Absolutely Everything Worth Knowing About Absolutely Anything" Kinda like the Principia Discordia, isn't it? Lol... I'd be interesting into reading it

I'd go ahead and post it if I were you, I don't think it will upset anyone enough to ask Mods to remove it, and who care's if it's not fiction?

Maybe it is? Maybe you got it all wrong, and it's simply fictionnal work ?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
and who care's if it's not fiction? Maybe it is? Maybe you got it all wrong, and it's simply fictionnal work ?

That is always a posibility. I have a lot of editing to do on it as it is basicly just the a summary of the different chapters of the book as if someone were to make a novel out of cocktail napkins. I am not really going to change that much though as you would not hear from me for the next few years. I just figured that I was never going to get around to finish it and didn't want it to go to waste hidden in a computer file. Hell, who knows perhaps I am actually right or perhaps it will give you a good laugh at the least.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well no matter what, I'll be one of those reading it. Love philosophical stuff. I love all kind of food for thoughts.

Don't spend too many years editing it tho.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So the next question is how do you become a 'writer' as you can only post in that section when you are already one. Catch 22?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
So the next question is how do you become a 'writer' as you can only post in that section when you are already one. Catch 22?

u2u johm bull 1 and he'll change your status.

but you can post in the short story seciton without being a writer (i think)

new topics

top topics

join