It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopeful confusion in the DMT threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is a serious subject, and I think that it deserves a little bit of dedication. I have never taken '___' from an external source, but it does occur in one's brain - dumped, in fact, whilst we dream. I think getting hung up on whether it is a good drug or a bad drug is peripheral to a much more important question.

Many people seem to have an idea about how the brain works, and what cognitive function is all about, that has really been inherited from sources apart from self-directed research and understanding. The answer to fundamental questions such as what is the "other" in psychological terms are not forthcoming. If you have done your homework and have come up to the point of talking about the "mysterious other", then I congratulate you - but you aren't finished. None of us are. The idea that we even have firm answers to fundamental questions regarding the nature of reality is really just a function of comfort.

I'm ready to talk about the language game vis a vis Wittgenstein, the "Hard Problem" vis a vis Chalmers, the possibility of merkabah being mistaken for UFOs, or of Remote Viewing being an echo of the composite animals called cherubim as a symbol that indicates we share a distributed consciousness and can see through the eyes of other animals, but I am not going to let negations and denials that are based on nothing but the personal inability to face dangerous truths reign unchallenged.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: applebiter

In my research into what people are experiencing, it's very interesting. People are mostly reporting seeing the exact same thing, an entity that talks to them "alien like" or has the outline of a "jester".

Joe Rogan is peddling this stuff now too. Saying the experience is more real than what you feel right now reading this.

And of course, info wars is saying that it's a ploy to make people kill themselves. (They're all over the map)

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

Are info wars saying that, really!!
I don't watch infowars but have heard the show is a psy-op. And that is how the gov push fear factor in the things they don't want you dabbling in, I mean if I get caught picking certain mushrooms in a Scottish field around September and the cops catch me, that's possession of a class A drug.
That's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
'___' and talk of psychedelics is an interesting topic, but it's not a subject for ATS.

(16i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join