It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need information on the Philosphy of Marxism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
hello guys.

I need information about the philosphy of marxism in the world today, in the world of yesterday, the people who stood behind it and fought for it. Most of all how groups today portray a piece of marxism, if it is political parties or countries as the UK or USA, or mason or illuminati.

I have heard so much about it. I do not know if it is bad or good or in the middle.

thanks for you help

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
My opinions. Wikipedia will be more thorough and less biased, but you could easily look it up on Google or Wikipedia. You came here to garner opinion, so here is mine:

Every university in America has a group of Marxists among the faculty. Typically, they are in the English Dept. Typically, they have never known want or privation.

Marxism is a kind of criticism. Not criticism in the negative sense, but in the sense that it's a set of criteria by which you can analyze any text. A text can be a movie, or a legal document, or a political manifesto.

Marxism is interested in power; who has it, how it is maintained. However, Marxist criticism seems to be bound to materialism such that it only makes sense as a political philosophy if you have a materialist view of reality.

new topics

join