It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megadeth or Matallica??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Megadeth or Matallica??

Just having watched "Some Kind of Monster" again, I have to ask this question just for fun.

I'm a huge Megadeath fan. I think that Dave Mustaine was great in the early days of Matallica. An excellent guitarist and a complete madman.
That madman aspect is what got him kicked out of the band. Enter Kirk Hammett, who in his own right, is guitar excellence also.

I think that Dave forming Megadeth was a great thing and they are my hands down favorite between the two.

So who is cooler, harder rocking and relates to you more??

Metallica of Megadeth?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Megadeth, and not only because they didn't attack their fans.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

I hear you there. That whole Napster thing was handle soo badly. Metallica, well it was Lars really, came out looking like a bunch of rich fatheads. But many of the their fans did forgive them over time.
It's more about the music than the $$$.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Metallica
Do we get in trouble for oneliners in BTS?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm not a heavy metal person my self, but my husband is, so...

I'd have to say Metallica is less offensive to my little ears. I can handle Judas Priest, too. But I draw the line at Iron Maiden (Eddie gives me the creeps!).

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
I'm not a heavy metal person my self, but my husband is, so...

I'd have to say Metallica is less offensive to my little ears. I can handle Judas Priest, too. But I draw the line at Iron Maiden (Eddie gives me the creeps!).

Priest and Maiden are awesome!!!!

Come on now!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

About four or five years ago, my husband and I were at some dive in Austin listening to live music. The group was your run-of-the-mill garage band banging out some rock. Well, as a goof they decided to perform a lite jazz version of Enter Sandman, it was hilarious! They called the number Jazztallica!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am a huge Metalica fan but only the real stuff. They sold out to the $ as of Load. If you listen to the old stuff that was too long to make it on the radio, too heavy for radio, now that was some good sh!t. Megadeath has not sold out in my opinion. there is no substitute for metal. Rock on.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
In general, Megadeath. But Old Metallica vs Megedeath is harder... then I might choose old Metallica.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'de have to go with Metallica, considering everything I've heard from Megadeth is all of 3 notes variance added by lyrics impossible to understand.

And no doubt about Lars, jeez, like he didn't have buttloads of money already. He showed his true colors as a whining crying little boy over all that.

As for "who relates to you more", phft, niether, it takes a bit more substance of content than anything I've heard in metal to "relate" to me.

new topics

top topics

join