It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, worst Jedi ever!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I found all of the book series to be far more enjoyable.. (Shocker I know)

The development of each character was more complete and "realistic" as was the story lines...

In the books, I found Luke to be very strong and capable.. In the movies, it was kind of hit or miss..

In "3" he seemed to have good control over his powers in the desert fight scene, but much less in facing the Emperor..

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

I just watched IV and V with my son this weekend and in Empire (V), when Luke splits from Yoda, against Obi Wan and Yoda's wishes, Obi Wan says "he's our last hope" and Yoda says "there is another" alluding to one more Jedi, which we learn, in Jedi (VI) that is is most likely Leia.

Not sure if Lucas ever went so far as to map out the last 3 films and he has squashed the rumor of making the last 3 after he rereleases the first 6 in 3d so, I'm guessing, we'll never know if it was her and if she was meant to become a jedi.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I tend to agree, SOOO much has been written to fill in after VI that most people tend to think the Expanded Universe after Endor is canon. If he REALLY wanted to piss of fans who read those novels , he would make the last three. I just can't see him trying to rifle through all of the novels out there to retain any continuity in the Star Wars Universe.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I really enjoyed everything from the Yuzhan Vong Series up, except for the Swarm wars. It has taken me a few years but I am finally caught up with both prequel and After Endor novels. Things are alot cheaper now that I don't have to buy 3 or more books at once...lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join