It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a reason people who believe in UFOs see more UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I am finding that a lot of UFO reports come from people like ATS members who believe in UFOs. Maybe its because they recognize UFOs more easily, maybe people looking for UFOs are more observant. Maybe aliens justify sightings and abductions by reasoning that UFO watchers are looking for trouble or nobody believes them anyway, or they would like to see an alien up close which makes it ok. Does anybody know if there is a reason for this type of thing??? Any how just an idea.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i always thought it was the opposite of that, the people who didn't believe saw more. or was it ghosts. i just don't know anymore

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, If you don't believe in UFOs, and you see something that rezembles one in the sky, you are more likely to disregard the possibility of it being something out of the ordinary. Thats probably the reason.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by Brittany]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I agree with Brittany here, as more than likely the people who "do believe" are the ones that are more likely to realize what they are seeing "might not be explainable" and be more likely to report it to others, where as those who do not believe would brush it off.

I am a believe in UFO's and if I see someone weird in the sky I am very likely to talk to others about it

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you believe in UFOs chances are you are more likely to look up into the sky to actually see one rather than keep your head fixated at ground level. That is one of the main reasons people that see UFOs manage to see them because they are actually placing their vision skywards where UFOs are most commonly located.

The real statistics of UFO sightings show that in areas with airports, people are more likely to see UFOs because they keep their heads looking skywards more to see planes. Its the same for UFO believers. Anybody who looks in the air more often than other people stands a far greater chance of spotting UFOs.

[Edited on 8-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
it's all mental. kind of like the more u think that ur cursed with bad luck, the more likely it is that something bad will happen to you. and i totally agree with u, brittany

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I always thought it was rednecks never seeing a UFO because they wear their ballcaps too low.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
it is possible that only those 'tuned' to the possibility are able to observe the reality. it is possible that not all ufo's are three dimensional craft, but that some are more like dimensional gateways, holographic inserts, 'thoughtforms', or something else of a highly strange nature.
the importance of the mind of the observer is essential to the theory of quantum mechanics. perhaps a similiar formula is associated with the ufo phenomena.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I look up at the sky a lot, I like to study the stars. I have never seen a UFO although I believe they exist and believe they are in some way connected to our creator. I also think that possibly 75% of the claims are outright lies. If that were true, then the 25% of the sightings that are left would be about equal to the number of those viewed by non-believers and are dismissed.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm believe in UFOs throughly I'm always reading documents on the Internet and getting books I have read every single book on UFOs at my college about 17 times each (all 20 of them). If you seen any of my other posts you will know I want to see them like I want to meet an Alien I always look at the sky looking for them a lot of the time I sit in my back garden at night time just watching the sky with a telescope I have only ever seen a UFO once not another one since. Either I'm really unlucky or there not in the sky as much as we think.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Mikomi]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
cyberdude78, you claim believers in ufo's see more ufo's than non believers. Where is proof to back up this claim? A link or quote from some book or some other data to back up this claim would be nice. There is really no point speculating about your question if I do not know if your claim is ture.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

There is really no point speculating about your question if I do not know if your claim is ture.

I will second the assertion that people who believe in UFOs are more likely to encounter them. I will have to see if I can find the reference.

My own assertion is that UFO phenomina, when not attributible to terrestrial aircraft or physical phenomina (e.g. electrical storms), are a psychic or demonic in nature and not of extraterrestrial origin. Which explains why those open to them would see them more, and why two people together during a "sighting" might not both see said UFO.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I believe in them but i have never saw one before

No symphaty you dam aliens!!? show me your ufo!?!?

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMan
I believe in them but i have never saw one before

No symphaty you dam aliens!!? show me your ufo!?!?

I'm with you Shadow Man. I've never seen a UFO before but I believe in them 100%. I also believe some of them are being from other worlds. Some of course are craft designed by our government made from recovered alien technology. My mom however has seen one and I don't doubt her claims. My friend has also seen one and I don't consider him paranoid.

I truly beleive in the phenomenom for several reasons:

1. God would have to be an idiot to create the billions of planets in our solar system and only inhabit the Earth with intelligent life.

2. There is too much evidence for it not to be true. (The fact that we have been visited and the government has recovered alien technology)

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
its this simple....those of us who have seen ufo's
know of there existence

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is no proof that people who believe in UFO's see more than people who do not believe in them. Show me PROOF!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i agree with you pizza man but you know what?
people who dont beleive probably have never seen one or else they would beleive

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Dam i just noticed i have to get out more but where i live in Ny in the suburbs you dont see anything
between school and on here there is nothing to do also no ufos around here
i hate aliens.. dam things never show me their dam ufo!?!

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by ShadowMan]

new topics

top topics

join