It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G8 leaders feast on 13 courses after discussing world food shortages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

G8 leaders feast on 13 courses after discussing world food shortages

www.timesonline.co.uk

Organizers of the G8 summit have proudly displayed the menu for a sumptuous eight-course banquet enjoyed by world leaders meeting to discuss international food shortages.

Only 24 hours after Gordon Brown urged people not to waste food, and with the summit dominated by fears of global shortages, leading statesmen were treated to smoked salmon and Kyoto beef - hours after enjoying a five-course lunch.

Several African leaders were at the table as the need for their continent to double its food production ranked highly at the summit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hypocrisy at it finest! This is disgusting when you take into account the cost of the plane flights,the 2000 security personnel,the cost of the food alone and yet just the cost of one plane flight would feed a village of people in Africa for a month or more.It was a waste of food, A waste of space, A waste of time, and a waste of oxygen.I hope the chef SPIT in the food.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/7/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
just heard this on abc news radio, funny they didnt mention anything about a 13 course meal. i do however belive there is something to be had from not wasteing food. it couldnt hurt.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It is just ironic that the very subject they are talking about is food shortages and yet they are dinning on things such as Kyoto beef which is a highly prized beef and 13 other courses.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

yeah from what i heard on npr it sounded like a sad attemp to blame shift the world food sortages away from world leaders. the comment "the world leaders are not to blame." was a dead give away

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I liked the comment about how they could of bought enough mosquito nets to STOP the spread of malaria if they had invested in that manner instead of flying around the world BSing everyone to fine dining, roast duck, 100 year old wine...

Nobody is impressed by this fat pigs pretending to give a flip....
If I were to take a guess I'd would say the true purpose would be to plan how to further starve the world... Lord knows they way the spend money and eat seem to support my guess.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I would say that is probably closer to the truth.They are probably discussing how to speed up the depopulation project(Rockefeller).

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm glad that they had a good high-end meal - it means that someone in Toyako is working.

The security is so tight these days (the lead up to the G8) that many places have seen their customers drop off to zero. Others have had to go overboard "westernizing" their places to suit G8 delegations - money that comes out of their bottom line.

I'll be really happy when this thing is over, and life can get back to normal...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Indeed it was an utter waste of time and resources. But I'm sure most of those present had no problem with it. Basically, if our governements really wanted everybody fed, they would all be fed.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's almost like talking about oil prices while bathing in it. I don't find this upsetting, it's actually kind of funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is rediculous!! But then again, isn't it what the elite have always done? Long live the leaders for without them you might actually be able to survive.

new topics

top topics

join