It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Iraq War "flip flop." Oh really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Lately there has been an uproar over the "changing position" of Barack Obama on his Iraq pullout, mostly from the McCain campaign.

Well, anyone with a brain can see that Obama has not changed his position at all. Watch him over 9 months ago:

www.youtube.com...

Sounds exactly like what he said last Thursday.

The only one charging "flip flop" are those who believe the lies of the McCain campaign.

Deny ignorance, educate yourself.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I agree 100%. No change at all. What's all the fuss about anyway?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Maybe Obama needs to update his website:

And didn't Obama introduce legislation that required U.S. troops to be removed from Iraq by March 2009? I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember this.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
its just another smear tactic

anti-obama people have yet to produce one credible attack against Obama that does not misquote, smear, sling mud, or flat-out lie.

Its okay though

because very soon, the power will shift to Obama being president

and then we can all talk about how great things are going to be

further down the line we can discuss how great things are

and even further down the line we'll get to discuss "hey, remember Obama? He was great"

until then, i've found the 'ignore' button to be mighty handy to any anti-obama person who is just here to troll and derail

ill discuss the issues willingly, without ignoring

but to troll, lie, deceive, paraphrase, take out of context, and derail dserves an ignore.

Good post. I love this type of victory

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The problem with Obama is that IF elected the "change" he promises will not be swift or easily done. Undoing the multitude of errors, failures and convoluted policies of the Bush administration, while attempting to take on the "war on terror" and dealing with potentially the worst economy since the great depression will likely reveal far more weaknesses than strengths.

I wonder if he believes the illusion of change he is so vigorously trying to sell the voting public?

You think he "flip flops" now, just wait until or if he is in the oval office as president.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

I posted this in another thread and was never answered. Probably got overlooked with everyone that was debating with you.

I must say you do stand up for what you believe. That has to be admired. I have a legit question for you and would like you to answer it if you can. This is not an attack and once I locate a person who is pro McCain, I or you can ask him or her the same question. I ask that you do not try to attack me because this is not an attempt to go after you. Personally, I am undecided but am willing to entertain what both sides have to offer.

If Obama's plans are so wonderful and capable of solving America's problem, then why did he wait till he was running for President to reveal them?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Obama is nothing more then a politician. When was the last time one of those did something great for this country? I am all for some change, I am republican but will vote for Obama just to shake things up. But to believe that he will change the world, is simply foolish. 2 years from now we will be discussing how worthless he is as a president, just like every other one we have. As soon as we elect someone that does not want to be President, well then we are on to something my friend.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

i cannot speak for obama, i can only give you a reason *I* would do it:

being POTUS is the top job in all of politics. Is sought after by all who play the game.
to be POTUS is to have very thick skin, and endure grueling debates, like the ones were' goign through now with obama and mccain

to win these times, you have to have a few tricks up your sleeve

also

What can a president do that a senator can't?
A lot.

In fact, if you go back and review some of Obama's voting history, he has supported bills that support the very things he campaigns for

so i think your question is only about 1/2 accurate in the sense that i think (and forgive me if im wrong) you are asserting that Obama has never tried to do anything for anyone up until this point

If that is the case, then i respectfully submit that you are wrong

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

No. I am not saying that he never supported things he campaigned for. You answered the question so I give you kudos for that. I still think that I would have more respect for the candidates if they had rally their party in the Senate to pass these plans they have. It really could have helped a lot of people in the last few years. It may be a poker game to them but for some us it is a serious dilemma.

Anyway the same question goes to any McCain supporters out there.

One more thing, I feel like a senator has more power than the president. This is where the laws are introduced and passed and most presidents never get most of their agenda, But that is a story for another day. Thanks for answering.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Do pledged Obama delegates have the obligation to switch votes at the convention if they feel that he no longer represents the sentiments of those that elected him?

The DNC rules not only allow it, they encourage it:

www.pledgednotbound.com...

new topics

top topics

join