It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I feel like life has happened before?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have some kind of belief that all of life has happened before and we're just reliving it. This belief of mine gets me in trouble from time to time because people say to me that I act like I script things sometimes. But I can't help but thinking that I know what's going to happen or to know what they're going to say because I felt like I've gone through it before.

You know how the brain can only process bits of information at a time? I've been really trying to think about whether I can use some of the processing power of my brain to see into the future, or, the somewhat nearer future. I make a lot of predictions in my life based on times of day, like, and, what I think will happen, and I think that my day has been planned before hand and that our destiny has already been laid out before us and we just have to make use of what we are given.

It's either that I believe that my destiny has already been laid out for me each day or it's that I've been through life before and that perhaps I am here to live life out again and I might have made some mistake in the other life if indeed that is the case. It's just strange. All of these surroundings seem too familiar to me. When I see people who I meet for the first time I feel a strange connection between me and them that makes me feel like I've met them somewhere before. When I hear something on the radio or the news I feel like I've heard what's being said somewhere before. I also feel like when I look at some book that I must have read it before, because, it just doesn't seem all that new. I have joy of reading the book but it's like I've read it before I picked it up.

What is this feeling or phenomena?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I too have bore this curse/gift except I remember vividly that I saw all my life in not one but several night vision one after the other with the slightest changes in day to day life but the same outcome came to me every time, a terrible day of destruction and visitations!.

I watched in awe and amazement at the future, I know it not to be the future just an alternate reality, but the most important aspect to these life long dreams is that each time I woke up at the same point of arrival or departure whatever you wish to call it, it was the week when I was baptized in the holy spirit at age 13 and spiritual or physic abilities are said to be given to some who can see, and I saw but I dint not comprehend. New age and all belief systems believe that once the holy spirit dwells it cleanses all and grants secrets.

These dreams were depicting a fate too closely intertwined to my desire and heart these dreams lasted for 7-12 years even going to sleep and waking up in the dream to see more, I saw my adulthood, sin, terror and my human body age with time just as it has aged now as I am now 20 and I don't have much time left to fix whatever it is I am meant to fix, and the strangest thing is that when the # went down, a full moon would appear in the sky but only I saw it, stared at it and spoke to it.

It seems that people never look up and in the terror that started I was to ask in the name of god for a second chance while starring into the eyes of the moon and like majic I woke at age 13, 3 days or so after baptism in spirit.

Myth is truth and truth is myth, only a mythical truth can exist.

May you be blessed by the supreme love and truth of the cosmos.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've felt like humanity has been in this stage of technology before. I have a feeling that we've had this world in our hands and screwed it up. I don't know but I'm glad someone feels the same way I do

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Maybe you suffer from chronic deja vu?

Check out this link, it's kinda interesting: World's First "Chronic Deja Vu" Study

Many of us have experienced déjà vu - the unsettling sensation of knowing that a situation could not have been experienced, combined with the feeling that it has. It is usually so fleeting that psychologists have until recently thought it impossible to study. But for some people, the feeling of having been there before is a persistent sensation, making every day a ‘Groundhog Day’.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

What is this feeling or phenomena?

this phenomena is often refered to as Deja Vu. 70% of people report having experienced it at least once..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

looks like you beat me to the punch.

guess i should post faster.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I feel like there are these patterns in time, like waves. We move through them continuously, but they change a little on every pass. So we experience repeats, but it never happens the same way twice. Just like our movies lately, lol. All the same stuff over and over again. We need new experience.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I would start with an example.

Say i am sitting with my family having chat when and my mother comes in with tea. Immediately I realize that this particular incident has happened before. Exactly the way is has now. I could easily recognize the difference between now and then. But when did it happened? Is it something related to time waves or mental blocks?

I really want to seek an answer for this, if you have any information please pass on to to me

Removed personal information

[edit on 11-11-2008 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
thing is - i never learn from my dejavu - it happens too quick, haha!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I have some kind of belief that all of life has happened before and we're just reliving it. ...What is this feeling or phenomena?

I believe that that before we get bodies, we have a long drawn out conversation with God regarding what is going to happen down here. Then we are made to forget it, but sometimes we are allowed to "know" when/how something is going to happen. We never seem to know the "why" until after the fact though. That theory would go a long way towards explaining some things, but it is just my opinion, and may not be true at all.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hmm, I feel that way sometimes. Like it's all happened before. Deja vu is a weird feeling. Do you think it has anything to do with different timelines?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well there is the theory of The Eternal Return,

Eternal return (also known as "eternal recurrence") is a concept which posits that the universe has been recurring, and will continue to recur in a self-similar form an infinite number of times. The concept has roots in ancient Egypt, and was subsequently taken up by the Pythagoreans and Stoics. In the Hebrew Scriptures, the notion is supported in the book of Ecclesiastes.[1][2][3] With the decline of antiquity and the spread of Christianity, the concept fell into disuse, though Friedrich Nietzsche briefly resurrected it.

Return

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yes, I too have experienced this feeling before.
Many times when I do something I feel I had already done the same thing before or even with places which I have never been before , but i get a strange feeling that I had lived there before.

I even look at some people twice and they look at me back as well, and faces which I have never seen before but I still get a feeling that I know them well.

This is strange !!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I've had these feelings too and was actually able to learn from them. Like knowing my friends wife to be. When he first started dating, that he would have baby a girl. I have always been right with baby predictions. (Sex). I argue against myself that that is a 50 50 shot the odds are in my favour. I dare not tell anyone about this fearing the look in there eyes turning from inquisitive too omg this guy is whacked. lol. These feelings seem very real the big one being the day 9/11 a feeling that something big was going to happen and when my classmates came into the classroom explaining the first plane crash, I in my head knew this was it and left the class before the rest of my classmates. I have not felt a big one since. It's funny though even I don't believe in this and I always try to right off these feelings as being lucky. If there were something deeper I would think that would be kind of scary wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OK as far as I am aware this feeling you have can be down to 3 possibilities.

1- That you're an old enough soul to realise that we have all lived before in the previous universe (pre-big bang) which was slightly worst than it is now.

2 - You were shown some of your life (an option for some after death) before you entered this world.

3 - You are experiencing deja vous for scenes or clips of events you have seen or experienced before.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Since time doesn't exist you can tap into via dreams and see future and past. Since memories exist past is probably something less tapped into, but the instant you were born you could technically skip ahead to see your end.

It's not destiny, but more this is what you will decide to do based on what you know. If you could see your entire future always, then you would still be doing what you would have done based on what you know. I guess you don't really change the future just because you can see it. You were gonna do it anyway. LOL isn't this stuff great.

It could be that the future can be changed, which may be why we don't get to see those big moments in life that can make or break it. Cause ever decision is a branch off our line in a new direction.

Well anyway what matters is living now. Enjoying our physical lives.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I fell like that every day. In fact because i knew something bad was going to happen to me one day i didn't go out. Because i didn't go out it practically saved my life. There was a huge wreck around the time that i would have gone on the road. Three people died and because i didn't go out because i knew something was going to happen it saved my life.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You are experiencing you inanother dimension.

The mind is interdimensional. Your body is three dimensional. And your soul and mind, can access the other infinite dimension in the universe, in al time and space including unlimited realities, past lives (before you) future lives (after you) and your in the present experienceing it all in one tap of time.

There is also mulit universes, but thats another topic

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You are experiencing you inanother dimension.

The mind is interdimensional. Your body is three dimensional. And your soul and mind, can access the other infinite dimension in the universe, in al time and space including unlimited realities, past lives (before you) future lives (after you) and your in the present experienceing it all in one tap of time.

There is also mulit universes, but thats another topic

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Chronic narcissim is one possiblitity, as is a chemical imbalance.

Or could be ghosts. Either way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join