It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran and US stage war games Monday 07-JUL hours apart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Iran and the US are both conducting war games which started just a few hours ago according to Reuters and Yahoo news:

"Missile units of the elite Revolutionary Guards' naval and air forces began war games, Iranian news agencies said, hours after the U.S. Navy said it had begun exercises in the Gulf."

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
So they've moved from fiery rhetoric to playing a giant game of naval chicken in the Straight of Hormuz?

I'm sure this will ease the price of oil.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Despite all of Irans rhetoric lately about the US not daring to attack it, they appear to be quite "jumpy" to say the least.

Im sure this wont help oil prices...things are starting to get interesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Funny how we have a totally different perspective, I was talking about the US.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Urgh this is starting to remind me of something that happened back in the 60's. Lets hope it all just fades like it did back then.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well i mean i can see it from both sides. Iran thinks they are going to be attacked, they threaten to close the Straight of Hormuz, the US says they wont allow the straight to be closed so they begin an "exercise" then Iran follows several hours later with thier own "exercise". Interesting times indeed!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well i mean i can see it from both sides. Iran thinks they are going to be attacked, they threaten to close the Straight of Hormuz, the US says they wont allow the straight to be closed so they begin an "exercise" then Iran follows several hours later with thier own "exercise". Interesting times indeed!

Like I said this is somewhat familiar to the Cuban missle crisis, let's just hope it turn out to be nothing more than posturing like times past.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I don't know about Iran, but the US military "runs" war games single everyday. It's called preparedness! What else is the military there for? If they ain't fightin' then they're plain' war games. This is nothing new and should not alarm anyone. What you should be watching out for is the rhetoric that spews from the politicians of Washington D.C. Just my 2-cents!

NNN

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is probably what they have been waiting for.It will be easy to craft a red flag operation with all of that going on at the same time.It reads like a Tom Clancy novel.
One missile to a ship and all hell will break loose.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ahh the old drill story.A practice war.What do they all turn out to be?Now a decent false flag op would definitely get bush into Iran.Scary thought what it could be.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Alls we need is one "accident" on any side and WW3 could break out. That's pretty mad considering .... ahhh i dont know... i really dont know what to think of anything anymore... im off to look up meds for depression

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think the exercise by the US is to show Iran "you aint closing anything around here" in reference to the Straight of Hormuz. I think Irans exercise is defensive posturing because they are scared that ANY movement by US forces right now could be the beginning of an attack. They are paranoid beyond belief right now despite the belicose rhetoric. The US began their exercise first.......

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadePsycho
Alls we need is one "accident" on any side and WW3 could break out. That's pretty mad considering .... ahhh i dont know... i really dont know what to think of anything anymore... im off to look up meds for depression

There's one that comes from nature that works well but unless your dutch you could be in trouble.

On topic: Could this be the event that starts it all? I could imagine that it would start from something like this. Good luck to everyone in the coming months I think things are going to get a bit more bumpy!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Interesting that a lot of the MSM is ignoring this...maybe in fear of driving up the oil prices even more, who knows? I looked on Foxnews and CNN and couldnt find a thing about it. Even on Reuters and Yahoo you have to dig like crazy. Debka file reported it a few hours ago and now its not even on their ticker anymore. JPOST and Haaretz are silent as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Maybe thats coz they dont want to leak the information out slowly they would rather have the SHOCK AND AWE effect when all hell breaks loose. Selling a war to the public would be easier this way. IE 911

Yeah we could have something go wrong here guys and bubye IRAN hello to the 4th reich.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by ka0s69]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, if nothing else, if anyone sees any news in the MSM about this, please post back here. Im still looking myself and its just funny how quiet things in the news are when actual military exercises by both sides are being conducted. Its weird that any time there is a statement made by either side, its all over the news, but not this?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Not sure about the source but here is some info:

Report: Iranian Authorities Move Missile Launch Platforms To Shatt Al-Arab Estuary

Ahwazi (Iranian Arab) sources report that Iranian authorities declared a state of grave emergency in the Shalmajah region in Khozestan province, on the Iran-Iraq border, and have transferred missile launch platforms to the region bordering on the Shatt Al-Arab estuary.

Source: Al-Siyassah, Kuwait, July 7, 2008

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Now, I just have no clue how to help anyone any more. I've been talking about the 2012 phenomenon for years now. There's always someone wanting to break in with a "that will never happen". It happened like that a couple of years ago when I was talking about the starts to WW3. And Here we are 2 years later. We are on the brink of the engagements. Where are those nay sayers?

Might they say "yeah you got it right but that doesn't mean 2012... blah blah blah..."? The fact of the matter is that I make no predictions. I simply speak about what I see in predictions already made.

I love you people. I don't want you to be scared. I don't want to frighten you. I don't want to "be right". 2012 is the midpoint of the 7 years of tribulation. The world is circling the drain now.

Get it right or get it wrong but get with it because here it comes! This is your life's test. Defaulting is automatic failure. In no way will you ever be able to say you were not warned!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
WELL, I GUESS NOSTRADAMUS WAS RIGHT ON TARGET: WAR BEGINS 2008 TO 2012 EH? RAPTURE HAPPENS SOON................AND I AM OUTTA HERE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
we aren't going to die. people who scream like pigs, die pigs.

your just spreading the fear. which is what they want. "be afraid" cos your gonna die in this little skirmish that's 20,000 miles away.
hey maybe if your offer to pay more at the bowser they'll stop scaring you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join