It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spread of Obama Attacks - We Report, You Decide?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
You attack Barack Obama for not opposing the war "from the beginning" (the spread of obama attacks IS the thread topic)

but i prove to you he did, in fact, oppose the war.

"Obama admitted to the New York Times that he did not know how he would have voted on the 2002 Iraq war resolution had he been serving in the United States Senate at the time of the vote."

Source

In July of 2004, the day after his speech at the Democratic convention catapulted him into the national spotlight, Barack Obama told a group of reporters in Boston that the United States had an "absolute obligation" to remain in Iraq long enough to make it a success.

"The failure of the Iraqi state would be a disaster," he said at a lunch sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, according to an audiotape of the session. "It would dishonor the 900-plus men and women who have already died. . . . It would be a betrayal of the promise that we made to the Iraqi people, and it would be hugely destabilizing from a national security perspective."

Source

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yep

and all that says is he thinks a hasty withdrawl would be disaster

it does not say that he supports the war

and it does not say that he didnt condemn it since the beginning

What it does say is that SINCE Bush and his minions went to war, its best to end it in an intelligent manner.

furthermore more, the argument was rather or not Obama supported the war.
He condemned it, from the beginning.

The question wasnt "gee, if Barack was a US senator, how would he have voted?"

because if you're going to hold him to "what ifs" then i really have nothing to say anymore.

What IF Barack Obama invented AIDS
What IF Barack Obama is a reptilian martian from another planet
What IF Barack Obama .....

Im so suprised that you, llyod, of all people, miss that concept.

[edit on 7/11/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What it does say is that SINCE Bush and his minions went to war,

By minions I assume you mean congress?

He says he doesn't know how he would have voted in that article.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Im well aware of what he said, Drone, Thank you.

What im sayign is that llyod is responding as if i were wrong.

I was not wrong in showing you the follies of your statements, when you said "barack Obama never denied the war"

that was our converation, remember?

Llyod is creating a hypothetical conversation that never existed, providing "evidence" to back his claim, and saying "ha"

Well, sorry, doesnt work that way im afraid.

Obama says he doesnt know how he would have voted in US senate. Agreed. And i never said he said otherwise

However

Obama, being an Illinois Senator at the time, DID verbally and very publicly denounce the war, even when he was running for senate.

So i really dont see the argument here.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by LLoyd45

Yep

and all that says is he thinks a hasty withdrawl would be disaster

it does not say that he supports the war

and it does not say that he didnt condemn it since the beginning

What it does say is that SINCE Bush and his minions went to war, its best to end it in an intelligent manner.

"The failure of the Iraqi state would be a disaster," he said at a lunch sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, according to an audiotape of the session. "It would dishonor the 900-plus men and women who have already died. . . . It would be a betrayal of the promise that we made to the Iraqi people, and it would be hugely destabilizing from a national security perspective."

Andrew, which portion of the English text are you having trouble with? It's obvious to everyone who has their eyes open, that he fully supported the war..

furthermore more, the argument was rather or not Obama supported the war.
He condemned it, from the beginning.

He said he wasn't sure how he would have voted.

That's neither acceptance nor denial of support for the war. He straddled the fence.

[edit on 7/11/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
And I thought I was going off topic here. Remember this particular thread is about media bias against Obama and not about whether Obama would have voted against the war or not.

However Lloyd if you would like to debate the topic of the war in Iraq, I will gladly debate you on the issue, seeing how it is the highest priority issue for me in this coming election, and my decision of who should be elected.

What say you? Are you up for the challenge?

If you are interested, send me a u2u.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join