It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spread of Obama Attacks - We Report, You Decide?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Obamatrons just don't want to hear the truth about their horribly flawed candidate.

And as far as the bias claims go, Fox has honestly been the most balanced network during this election cycle - by far. Sure, the majority of FNC's anchors have a right-wing slant, but no other network puts on as many guest contributors offering views from both sides of the aisle. The reporters there also do not present news with a heavy slant, like they do on NBC and CBS, for example.

Heck, MSNBC is essentially a Democrat propaganda outlet. They refuse to report on anything negative about the supposedly messianic genius Obama (or is he a bumbling idiot - you decide), unless they're doing damage control for him. I still can't get over Chris Matthews going on about how Obama sends a tingling sensation up his leg.

Who could ever have imagined the face of any sensible news operation talking about a candidate giving him a boner on air? And I won't even get into Olberman's looney show, since I think it's supposed to be satire, like the Colbert Report.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
Funny how not a single attack goes on his policies and voting records

1. That's far from the truth.
2. It would be a lot easier to attack the guy on his policies if he'd take clear positions rather than shifting them considerably depending on polling data or even based on the group he's speaking in front of/pandering to at the time.
3. It would be a lot easier to attack him on his voting record if he'd been a senator for more than a couple years and if - when he bothers to show up to vote - he'd do a little more than voting 'present'.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
These guys exist to promote racially and politically charged "wedge issues" to keep the far right in power - that is what they do, not journalism.

Suuure. And they've done such a great job at that, haven't they?

Oh wait, I just remembered. Liberal Democrats control Congress. There's a very moderate Republican in the White House and an even more moderate Republican - a guy who sides with the Democrats at least as much as he does with conservatives - is about to become the official Republican presidential nominee. We're talking about a guy who's probably considering Lieberman and Bloomberg as his running mate.

When was the last time the far right accomplished any of its goals?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
When was the last time the far right accomplished any of its goals?

The last time we invaded another country.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That was hardly a far right issue. I seem to remember quite a lot of Democrats and liberals jumping onboard. Sure, there was plenty of opposition to the invasion (I did not support it myself), but not among most of Congress.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

Are you saying you are not familiar with PNAC, the neocon think tank that asked Bill Clinton to invade Iraq in a letter back in 1998? They also wrote a report called Rebuilding America's Defenses which said they need a New Pearl Harbor in order to get the people to back their cause?

A few members of the the group were:

Dick Cheney
Donald Rumsfeld
Paul Wolfowitz
John Bolton
Scooter Libby

Do these guys sound familiar?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

This goes for Lloyd as well.......you're both either political plants, or brainwashed morons......I'm gonna say it's both.

FOX NEWS IS NO DIFFERENT THAN THE STATE - RUN MEDIA IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY. IT IS THE GOVERNMENT'S PROPAGANDA MACHINE.....YOU CAN'T BE THAT DUMB TO NOT NOTICE IT.

I have never been so angry reading an opinion on the internet in my life.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Wow.

Fair and balanced alright.

Funny how not a single attack goes on his policies and voting records

Nice find, as always, BH

Yea.. kinda hard to find those in a clip against FOX eh?

In fact there are ALOT of policy discussions on Fox News, but you don't get that from YouTube clips. They wail on McCain from time to time, granted not as often, but you certainly don't see clips on that.. do you??

Not only that but they are the ONLY channel that has BOTH sides on when discussing policy or otherwise 99% of the time. You think MSNBC News does that? Think again, I know, I watch BOTH.

I find most of you not only ignorant but politically stunted.

For all the whining you all do about FOX, you surely do not watch the channel.. or do you? Are you that stupid that you exclusively watch a channel that you think is complete bull#?

If you don't watch Fox News, your comments mean less than nothing, because out of context or clippies amount to political manipulation, if you do watch, all I can say is WTF??

Fox caters to those who lean conservative.. that is not news and it doesn't make the channel fraudulant. They report BS like all the rest do, political leaning included.

You all comment on "clips" of Fox News.
I can "clip" ABC and make them sound like racist nazi's out to get your grandmother.

This kind of crap reporting is on EVERY Media Outlet, not just FOX.
Every single one of you who makes a snide "look how smart and knowing I am" comment about FOX without watching the channel or taking in context is EXACTLY the goddamn problem with this country.

I am not a defender of FOX news.. they suck just like the other 2 cable networks

And by the way.. to the brainiacs who keep proclaiming it..
O'Reilly and Hannity are NOT "Fox News" any more than Olbermen is "MSNBC News"

My faith in the people here dwindles by the post.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Why is it that people are always so concerned with "attacks" from Foxnews, yet completely ignore similar attacks on McCain from CNN, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CBS and PBS? Not to mention all of the print and internet media.

I know the answer, but I'm really interested what you all will say.

Like the posted above said, the US media is DOMINATED by left wing news. None of it is objective and since the election its become outright propaganda. Turn on Chris Mathews and watch as they are personally offended by swipes at Obama, than turn around and take swipes and McCain with a big smile on their face.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Why would anyone expect fair and balanced reporting on any television station? Corporations own the news media. Their purpose is profits. Each station panders to a segment of society that they know will bring profits. Show me a station that isn't biased and promoting a political preference.

Duh!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
For all the whining you all do about FOX, you surely do not watch the channel.. or do you? Are you that stupid that you exclusively watch a channel that you think is complete bull#?

If you don't watch Fox News, your comments mean less than nothing, because out of context or clippies amount to political manipulation, if you do watch, all I can say is WTF??

Explicit language removed.

OK, so we are stupid if we don't watch it, and stupid if we do. That's a good example of the type of logic you find on a channel like this. If you don't agree, your are wrong no matter what. You have learned much from them.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Are you saying you are not familiar with PNAC, the neocon think tank that asked Bill Clinton to invade Iraq in a letter back in 1998? They also wrote a report called Rebuilding America's Defenses which said they need a New Pearl Harbor in order to get the people to back their cause?

A few members of the the group were:

Dick Cheney
Donald Rumsfeld
Paul Wolfowitz
John Bolton
Scooter Libby

Do these guys sound familiar?

The perfect example of internet wisdom gone wrong. You do know it was bill Clinton that passed the "Iraqi Liberation Act"? You do know there were a lot of democrats that signed that letter? Including some of your liberal heroes. In fact, the day before the letter was presented, Bill gave a speech saying something to the affect of, "Somehow, some way, we will disarm Saddam".

OK, so we are stupid if we don't watch it, and stupid if we do. That's a good example of the type of logic you find on a channel like this. If you don't agree, your are wrong no matter what. You have learned much from them.

Your problem is you apply this standard to only one group and that's Fox. I could say the same about EVERY-OTHER-NETWORK. I mean, aren't you doing that right now? We don't agree with your assessment of Fox and you are treating us like we're below you because we don't agree.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It makes perfect sense.. someone with a left lean would not watch FOX news because they cater to the right...

Most comments here certainly seem to be based on clips alone..
Prove me wrong, tell me you watch more fox news than what is on YouTube??

I watch all channels (well, mostly MSNBC and FOX) and I see bias everywhere. But I only see biased clips of FOx news posted on the net and parrots towing the line.

My Points wasn't damed if you do, damed if you don't.. nice try with that, and typical of the left, no analysis of the argument, just out of context "gotchas"..

We are not all stupid little parrots who gooble up your droppings.

Did you miss this part

In fact there are ALOT of policy discussions on Fox News, but you don't get that from YouTube clips. They wail on McCain from time to time, granted not as often, but you certainly don't see clips on that.. do you??

You DO get points for adding "Explicit language removed." nice touch, making it seem like I am a foul mouth jerk in just a few words.. bravo!

Originally posted by Dronetek

Your problem is you apply this standard to only one group and that's Fox. I could say the same about EVERY-OTHER-NETWORK. I mean, aren't you doing that right now?

My Problem? Thanks Doctor, how much do I owe you??

Seriously, the standard I am applying is to the network in question, this isn't an argument about MSNBC, so how can I defend them in the same manner when they are not being treated in the same manner?

You can dislike Fox News, you can dislike conservatives and their view points, I could give a rats hiney, and I wouldn't argue the point, that is what makes the world go around. It just tars my feathers when guys come in here, posts YouTube clips and bash one network and ignore the rest all the while spreading CRAP.

We don't agree with your assessment of Fox and you are treating us like we're below you because we don't agree.

Below me? No one implied that.. being an idiot in my opinion doesn't make one "below" me. There are plenty of peole smarter than me who I still think are idots and I am sure it is vice versa, but I do not go around clipping them to discredit.

As far as fair treatment, I guess you missed the part when I said:

Originally posted by Gormly
This kind of crap reporting is on EVERY Media Outlet, not just FOX.

My assesment of MSNBC would be the same if someone weree bashing MSNBC for the same thing. I am not a hypocrite. I watch MSNBC as well and they are left leaning.. if someone posted only seemingly anti right video's on YouTube attributed to MSNBC I would defend them as well.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The perfect example of internet wisdom gone wrong. You do know it was bill Clinton that passed the "Iraqi Liberation Act"?

The ILA called for regime change with no use of military force. You can read the summary from here.

www.iraqwatch.org...

It was calling for the president to go through the UN to arrest Sadam and provide aid if needed.

You do know there were a lot of democrats that signed that letter? Including some of your liberal heroes.

There were 18 that signed the letter, and as far as I know all republicans.
Here is a link to an article on the letter with the people who signed it at the bottom.

www.dailykos.com...

In fact, the day before the letter was presented, Bill gave a speech saying something to the affect of, "Somehow, some way, we will disarm Saddam".

I will admit I didn't know this and will look it up. It was probably something to do with the ILA.

Your problem is you apply this standard to only one group and that's Fox. I could say the same about EVERY-OTHER-NETWORK. I mean, aren't you doing that right now? We don't agree with your assessment of Fox and you are treating us like we're below you because we don't agree.

I am not sure what you mean by "doing that right now". All I am saying is that Fox News is the most biased of all the other major news organizations. I did not say all other stations were not biased. Just because you disagree with something does not mean that you automatically believe the opposite is true.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

There were 18 that signed the letter, and as far as I know all republicans.
Here is a link to an article on the letter with the people who signed it at the bottom.

www.dailykos.com...

Not surprisingly, the Kos removed all democrats from that list. In fact, I could have sworn there was another letter. I'll have to look in to it.

Anyway, do I REALLY need to post quotes from democrats in 1998? Are you seriously arguing that democrats weren't pushing for war in Iraq?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It makes perfect sense.. someone with a left lean would not watch FOX news because they cater to the right...

Most comments here certainly seem to be based on clips alone..
Prove me wrong, tell me you watch more fox news than what is on YouTube??

Why would I answer that when either way means that I am stupid? I also don't need youtube to tell me anything. All you have to do is a search to find several journalists and media watch groups that agree like in my previous post

I watch all channels (well, mostly MSNBC and FOX) and I see bias everywhere. But I only see biased clips of FOx news posted on the net and parrots towing the line.

Did I say other channels were not biased? No, I am saying Fox is the most biased.

My Points wasn't damed if you do, damed if you don't.. nice try with that, and typical of the left, no analysis of the argument, just out of context "gotchas"..

We are not all stupid little parrots who gooble up your droppings.

You said it, not me. If I do accidentally leave droppings, I don't recommend gobbling them up.

You DO get points for adding "Explicit language removed." nice touch, making it seem like I am a foul mouth jerk in just a few words.. bravo!

I put the phrase in, because I edited your quote. I would do the same if I emphasized something in bold. That's because those words are against the T&C and I don't want to break them because of something you wrote.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I think this is getting too far off topic, but if you do find something, send it to me in a u2u and I will check it out. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Oh no! Negative coverage!

This have never done to Bush, or McCain! Never! This is bias! Only Obama! They only do this to Obama!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That was hardly a far right issue. I seem to remember quite a lot of Democrats and liberals jumping onboard. Sure, there was plenty of opposition to the invasion (I did not support it myself), but not among most of Congress.

Barack Obama refused to support it from Day 1.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Barack Obama refused to support it from Day 1.

So much so, that he didn't vote on it!

reply to post by Dronetek

I think this is getting too far off topic, but if you do find something, send it to me in a u2u and I will check it out. Thanks.

I found it actually. A letter sent by Kerry, signed by many prominent Democrats. Asking Clinton to invade Iraq based on WMD threat.
www.e-thepeople.org...

As far as Obama goes, the fact of the matter is hes got a massive left wing media shield from attacks. Turn on "Hardball" tonight and you'll see Chris act personally offended when someone is critical of Obama (which doesn't happen often) and go on to completely misrepresent McCain.

Again I'd ask, where is the thread about attacks against McCain?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join