It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Petty subliminal advertising??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
On the 5th, I saw Tom Petty in Milwaukee. I was in the grass seats- so a good deal higher up than the normal seats. In the background of the stage, they had a huge light up M. Which looked strangely similar to the McDonalds M. They continued to flash it with red and yellow colors. My boyfriend and I noticed this, and talked about how the symbol probably wasn't so obviously Mcdonalds from the lower, more expensive seats- but was being marketed toward the higher, less expensive seats- therefore the money we didn't spend on the good seats will now be spent at a fast food restaurant. After the show, the two other people we were with were both craving fast food, almost as if they were having pregnancy cravings!! They were whining about how bad they wanted Wendys and McDonalds!! Coincidence? what do you think? I will post pictures when we get them up!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Now, I want McDonalds.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by creeptree

i think youd hear more commercials with his songs in it before any muscisian let their concert be bombarded with ads

probably thinking too much into this

ive been to tom petty concerts myself and have gotten high and felt like eating after wards, granted i dont eat fast food but maybe they wanted it

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They don't smoke. I wouldn't think that Tom Petty would be a part of it anyway... I would think that he wouldn't make that kind of decision.. considering all of his lyrics in the last DJ. but... It was just weird.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
...Should i feel bad about eating a Big Mac right now? Cause his thread is only making it taste better

I;m gonna hold my opinion until afterthe pics are posted on this one, I just hope it doesn't take too long to get em up

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by creeptree
On the 5th, I saw Tom Petty in Milwaukee. I was in the grass seats- so a good deal higher up than the normal seats. In the background of the stage, they had a huge light up M. Which looked strangely similar to the McDonalds M. They continued to flash it with red and yellow colors. My boyfriend and I noticed this, and talked about how the symbol probably wasn't so obviously Mcdonalds from the lower, more expensive seats- but was being marketed toward the higher, less expensive seats- therefore the money we didn't spend on the good seats will now be spent at a fast food restaurant. After the show, the two other people we were with were both craving fast food, almost as if they were having pregnancy cravings!! They were whining about how bad they wanted Wendys and McDonalds!! Coincidence? what do you think? I will post pictures when we get them up!

Maybe it was in reference to Mudcrutch, Petty's original band from the early 70's?

He recently reformed them, released an album in April, and has done some touring since then.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why the hell would Tom Petty want to subliminally advertise Mcdonald's?
Sure there's the whole money thing, but he does not seem like the type of guy to fall into that stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

Well I don't think he put that show together by himself. I agree with you, Creeptree. Maybe McDonalds was a sponsor

"We'll hook petty up with money, if we can plug this in."

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by creeptree

Hi creeptree. You're not the only one seeing McDonald's sublim's. Have you seen this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rush

top topics

join