Whoa!! just found this.. off Wikipedia
see items in bold
below for intresting reading!!
April 2, 2008 (2008-04-02) (Wednesday) edit history watch
* Leader of the House of Commons Harriet Harman becomes the first Labour woman ever to answer Prime Minister's Questions. (The Scotsman)
* A cross human-cow embryo survives a third straight day after being fertilized at Newcastle University,
England. A director for embryonic
stem cell laboratories at the Australian Stem Cell Centre said that the "99 per cent human" embryo could improve research within the field of human
diseases. The Catholic Church in England however said that the creation was "monstrous" and says that the later destruction of it is unethical.
* The United States House of Representatives votes to provide $50 billion over five years to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in Africa and
other third world areas. (AP via Google News)
* Suspended Serb prison workers from Lipljan, Kosovo, claim that Serbia has not paid them money promised for leaving the Kosovo institutions.
* Talks begin in Priština on demarcation of the border between Macedonia and Kosovo. (B-92)
* Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern announces he will resign on 6 May after 11 years of rule. (RTÉ)
* A strong cold front sweeps across south-eastern Australia, bringing destructive winds to South Australia, Victoria and Tasmania. In Melbourne, a
woman died when part of a wall collapsed in the suburb of Mentone. (ABC News Australia)
* The European Union announces an investigation into the bailout of the Northern Rock bank in the United Kingdom. (Reuters)
* The President of the United States George W. Bush supports the bids by Georgia and Ukraine to become members of the North Atlantic Treaty
Organization. (AFP via Sydney Morning Herald)
* Cuban citizens now have access to what were formerly "tourist-only" hotels and cellphones. (Wall Street Journal)
* Morgan Tsvangirai's Movement for Democratic Change defeats Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF in the Zimbabean parliamentary elections. (Bloomberg)
[edit on 7-7-2008 by Komodo]