It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sherman Austin- What the heffa jeffa?!?! GET ON YOUR SOAPBOX!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
yeah its relevant. but the scary thing is, how many more cases like this have happeend, but are still kept quiet?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here is an interview I found with Sherman...I'm not sure if this has been posted or not...I apologize in advance if it has...

Enjoying the hospitality of Jennifer Martin's cozy Sherman Oaks apartment, and the playful affections of her spotted dog, with its radiantly pleasant disposition, was a warm beginning for this somber occasion. Martin's twenty year old son, Sherman Martin Austin was recently unjustly convicted for posting bomb making information on his website, with intent to further an act of violence. We were there to get their side of the story; conspicuously absent from the mainstream media's reports on the case. With us that afternoon, were Sherman's longtime friend, Chantel, and his girlfriend, Lupe.

It all began on the May 1, 2001 (May Day) demonstration in Long Beach, California, which was a turning point for the activist. The police were reportedly out of control, brutalizing the crowd, arresting Austin and several others after shooting his calf with 'non-lethal' pellets that sometimes lodge deeply within the skin, cause bleeding sores, and always smart. He was approached from behind while videotaping the event when he was shot at close range, with the plastic ammunition. The incident marked Austin's first arrest and galvanized his resolve to continue his activism in the community and on behalf of his website, www.raisethefist.com. RTF, along with reporting on news items not adequately covered by conventional media sources, if at all, also was a good source of info on anarchism, police brutality, race relations, activism, and global social justice issues. As the hits to the website and the postings on the newswire swelled with activity from web surfers all over the world, so too did the monitoring from the police, intelligence and other government agencies from those regions.

Read The Rest Here

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
HELL YEAH, garon you rock. nive avatar! i saw that on the site. and yea, i read that interview, i dunno if it was posted or not, oh well.

does anyone know of any other instances like this that need to be publicized?

im currently publishing sevveral projects, mostly just flyers to be posted around town, but im also working on a zine. with alot of anarchist/revolutionary ideas. thats why this stings me so hard.

if people are being shut down for websites, what about the printed word? could we be next? or did it start with us?

i want to start something an need an opinion. i figure since yall are enraged about this too, you might want to help.

ive wanted bigger reaction from these flyers, so im wondering if anyone wants to help distribute. i can put on the atachment and send them to you, you print em out, and we have a giant distribution all over the nation (and world!)

just a thought. dont get off your soapboxes, and if you arent on one, get on one fast.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
if people are being shut down for websites, what about the printed word? could we be next? or did it start with us?

Its more than just being shut down..THis por guy was incarcarated. He is losing YEARS of his life. Branded a terrorist! For no reason. It's horrifying!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
very true, it IS horrifying!

branded as a terrorist for what??? enriching peoples lives, providing hope for those seeingly lost in the american dream, and telling people to WAKE UP! without even hurting a fly. this is disgusting.

im still red with anger...no wait, im sunburned too...but half of its anger....

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i was thinking colonel would have something to say on this, anybody heard him?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is just the beginning of what will most likely happen..especially if Bush is re-elected, as he expressly mentioned revising the patriot act next term to "curb terrorism" or some other bull#. We need to spread the information..something has to be done, take the power back, # uncle sam!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
This is just the beginning of what will most likely happen..especially if Bush is re-elected, as he expressly mentioned revising the patriot act next term to "curb terrorism" or some other bull#. We need to spread the information..something has to be done, take the power back, # uncle sam!

seriously! you want flyers to pass out? stuff to mess up? we may not WIN but we can at least hit em where it hurts....right in the balls of justice

taking a line from operation ivy-

you call that justice?
well its just a stupid excuse to fight!

*dang ive posted alot on this thread

[Edited on 3-8-04 by Scat]

[Edited on 3-8-04 by Scat]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here is an audio interview with Sherman on Democracy Now!
www.democracynow.org.../09/03/1442239&mode=thread&tid=25
This is a great website, and they have a lot of information on a broad array of issues. Definitely worth taking some time to check out!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
nice find jezebel

every new article i read just gets me more enraged...im going to have to stop reading them for a while and get intoa really good discussion, or else i wont be able to write tomorrow! once i start talking with someone about this, ill get some good ideas.

anybody up for grabs?

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Guys, I'm gonna lock this thread up (but I won't delete it) so you can move your discussion to Scat's ATSNN article on Sherman Austin.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Discuss away.

-B.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join