It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Last Words

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
its not your last words that count.... its what you say during your life thats important.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Some of you are making great points. Miriam it is true what you said, but as long as we are all alive and typing this is part of our lives. I think that while we are here on ATS and chasing around in our lives that it is good to say what we need to, or making sure we have said what we wanted, just in case anything does happen to any of us. Like I said, it happens to us all eventually, and often unexpected, I read, and its in the news papers all the time, everyday.

We are all getting older everyday, and I am almost half a century old. So maybe this is a bigger reality to me, I don't know. I was sitting next to my husband when he died, he was only 40. Thats young, and it was only 17 days after his 40th birthday. I don't dwell on death, I really am not scared of it.

There is a great Inuit Legend that I love... it goes like this:

I, who was born to die
Shall live.
That the world of animals
And the world of men
May come together,
I shall live.
----------

To me the line 'I, who was born to die Shall live' has stuck with me since I first learned it. It is a powerful statement about the whole life program. We go along obliviously living our lives. Many on ATS and other sites mention living like we are dead. I think that the awareness of death makes us more alive.

My son David talks about the angel of death being our friend, and also embracing death. This does not mean being consumed by the thought of death. But to make death ones friend instead of enemy, meaning death helps us. Death does help me grow, and it encourages me to grow sooner rather than later. David was 10 when his dad died, and it shook his world up, but today he is grateful that things happend the way they did.

My son Andrew was 11 and in the room with me when my husband died. He also changed dramtically, he now lives in a state of, "It just doesn't matter". But it's a good thing cause he doesn't get caught up in the games and now see's in in the light of, a 1000 years from now will it make a difference? This is great because he doesn't live in the emotional turnmoil that many do.

Death is our friend. I may not want to invite him to dinner, but I am not going to tell him to leave if he shows up. Besides sometimes he comes for a snack, and not a whole meal. And when he does he leaves a gift behind. We have a choice what to do with that gift though.

I just wanted to say this...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

i understand not being afraid of death, but death is not my friend. it is a thief and an enemy.

i just feel that saying that we should embrace death is a cop-out.

im not saying your wrong by any means just that i disagree

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
The eye's speak the secrets, the lips won't tell....

OMG that is so true! You study Facial Expression Recognition and it's like you can read a person mind!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure what I'd say but This would be played at my wake.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

i understand not being afraid of death, but death is not my friend. it is a thief and an enemy.

i just feel that saying that we should embrace death is a cop-out.

im not saying your wrong by any means just that i disagree

Having read one of your big posts I feel I want to say this, that Jesus says in the bible that it is better to celebrate death than to celebrate life. So I don't understand why you say that death is the enemy. Can't go to the party in the here after if we are still here.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
Jesus says in the bible that it is better to celebrate death than to celebrate life.

ecc 7:1 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth. (as said by solomon)

its only better because of the reputation you have built. when you are born, you dont have a good name.

this doesnt mean that death is a friend. it simply shows that having a good reputation is important.

otherwise, why would death be a punishment? why would god promise to do away with death?

i dont know what my last words are going to be, i may not have the power to decide. but i know that i dont want people to remember me because of my last words. i want people to remember me for who i am while im alive. not for the pitiful sight they will see in the hospital.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What would it be? Do you have guilt you wish to leave here and not take with you to, well , wherever we go?

Interesting idea for a thread.
I would leave something that maybe would come out as being really selfish for me to say and would not want to deal with in person.
"I naturally have a personality of an enabler, and not an instigator.
So, all you parents of kids that I grew up with, go look at your own damn kids and not blame all their crappy behavior on me."
" I just happened to be able to figure out ways to actually pull things off and felt I was being helpful (to my friends) despite the fact that some of what we were doing was anti-social."
"None of these plans were of my origination and I just helped in the details."
"It just so happened that I would end up being the one who could articulate what we were trying to do, when we got busted."
"Being able to explain something does not make me the originator"
"So, there. Your kids are a bunch of rotten punks and if I had it to do over I would run from their sight."

So, you could see how I am not going to post this on MySpace.
Better to have someone find this after I am dead. (just in case anyone actualy did find this: Only kidding! Love you!)
The horrible truth is these people are still my friends,(again, Love You! Only Kidding!) based a lot on our long shared history.
I do not live anywhere near them, (opposite coasts) so my relationships have a low potential for personal harm.(Love You! I am not really afraid of you!)

[edit on 10-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
My final words would be to my daughter, Emily, who goes by the name 'cookie doodle' here at ATS.

My words would be - 'Emily, you'll always be my baby. No matter where life or death take us. No matter what distance separates us or how much time passes. You will always be my baby and I will love you FOREVER and for all eternity.'

Edited to add - this is my daughter's thread -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/12/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
My final words? ok.

To my dear friends at home:
Over the years I've given much thought to my death. It seems that as we advance in age it becomes more and more prevalent in our thoughts. With the death of two dear people (George and Lynne) those events have given us pause in my day to day existence. I know that telling you not to feel sad or weep is futile. I cannot control your emotions. But here is something that I can give you. A future. Take my items (I will have no further need for them). Either use them or sell them. Use the money gained from my poor collection of things that I've collected over the years and help someone. It could be one of you or some random stranger or cause that you can agree upon. As for my funeral? No need to be lavish. A simple grave will do. All I ask is one thing for you to do. Have a party. But not soon after my death. Instead wait a while. Let the internal wounds heal a bit. Select a day that you, my friends whom I've known for years can agree on. have a cookout on that day. Fire up the grill and enjoy yourselves. Don't let Irish drink himself into oblivion. Don't hurt yourselves. Carol, keep an eye on him. Take care of yourselves. That's the best thing that you can do and that's my main wish in this life. Carol, you have the password to my computer. Look in a directory called "In case of". There you will find several text files written by me for you and the others to read. Share them if you wish. If what Carol says is true about reincarnation then never fear. We shall meet again. You'll know me by how I act and I look forwards to seeing and being with you bunch of lunatics (whom I love dearly) again.

Love you very much.

To my ATS/BTS friends:
Like my instructions to my friends at home whom I've known for many years I would like you to have a party. Be it in Chat, in threads, or perhaps a get together physically amongst you. By all means continue to share ideas, thoughts, and sometimes the heated discussion. The exchange of thoughts, feelings amongst you is what makes life worth living. Don't let that stop. Never stop talking and learning. Just please one thing. Don't let there be heated arguements over what happened to me after my death erupt. I will know and that's the important thing. A chance to find out if there is an afterlife and in what form it would take. What a voyage of discovery! I am content in the idea that there is no afterlife as well. I have always wanted to be an explorer during life. Let me be one after death. So once again I plead. Argue not where I've gone but instead if you must argue then let it be where you go next.

And now I post where I have never posted before ..... (death follows)

[edit on 13-7-2008 by Deson]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
my last words in chat I would want to be are:

diafplz

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think, being from Texas that my death would be very glorious, there would probably be much celebrating, food and drink....and in the midst of all of this celebration there would probably be a not to distant voice saying: HEY YALL WATCH THIS S**T!!!

oh and having grown up in Texas I've become ok with the thought of death, as I've come to the realization that death is only as far away as the nearest mullett lol

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In honor of Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Brett Myers and his hilarious outburst last season, my last words are going to be:

"Boom, outta here! .... You ****in' idiots."

But that's probably only if I die soon, because that can't stay funny much longer.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think I would like to say also...

"I'm Freeeeeee, I'm Freeeeeee, and your stuck here... oh well eh?? I know the answers now that I am gone, to bad I can't get ahold of you to tell you what they are."

Oh and to the entire world, WAR does NOT work, ever....

Do what you want, do it now... don't wait, get going... what you waiting for... get on with it already.

I love you sons, you are what made my life worth living.

I wish I could have hugged you one more time.

Sorry had to go, really didn't have much of a choice.

I love you.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would pull this dave mustaine quote, as my last words:

"Playing acoustic guitar is like having sex with your clothes on. I mean you know how to do it, but it’s more difficult."

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
All joking aside I think my last words would have to be in the words of Martin Luther King...

" Free at last, Free at last, Lord all mighty free at last" MLK

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would hope I would say something important maybe even something to effect my loved ones forever but...My worst quality is mt addictive personality and my need to try everything once. So it would probably be, "It couldn't hurt to try at least once".

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Oh and I was getting pretty tired anyways....

I will always love you... and if there is a way to contact you... and I remember to.... I will...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join