It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you live in calif. you will die tomorrow(July 8, 2008)!! Save yourself!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
With all 'doomsayers' that dictate the world will end on 'insert day.month.year'. They are all wrong AND they are all right.
Numerology aside , aliens coming down , ghosts fortelling doom and the odd nutjob, the date given is always right and wrong.
Some people will die on a certain date, some (most) won't .
Its called old age and accidents will happen.
Someone will get murdered or get run over or die of old age, and die on (like this thread) the 8th july 2008. so for them it comes true therefore RIGHT But the rest of us we'll just keep living therefore WRONG.
Like the old saying goes, even a broken watch is right 2 times a day, unless it's digital in which case the batteries run out.
Like you cant prove or disprove that God exists.
Thankfully I'm in the UK so I'm alright Jack.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by DataWraith]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted, but would July, 8th, be the most obvious significant numeroligical(sp?) alignment for disaster?

08-08-08? the last 08 being shorthand for 2008.

I though to myself wow, I wonder how many hundreds of years it's been since the calendar read something like THAT?

You know how long one year?, and its happened every year since 2001.

01-01-01

02-02-02

03-03-03

ect, ect, ect.

EVEN on 06-06-06,******THATS 666 on the Calendar!!! nothing happened.

I understand the OP doesn't buy it, but I don't think that horrendous sight with those rediculous number caculations, pulled out from the authors bum, adding and subrtracting whenever he feels(actually whenever the one will get him to the number he/she wants), any I don't think that site should be promoted.

It's TRASH.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Sorry, I am just sick of the world ends on(insert date/year) threads.

So am I darn it. One disappointing thread of imminent doom after another. Can't anyone get it right?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
4:40 am and alls well.

Go live a little please.

THAT website will go down today for sure and another one will replace it with another date. :shk:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Don't give up on the guy yet people! remember that earthquakes always happen early in the morning. from 7am-10am. for some reason it's always in the morning hours when everyone is sleeping. the day is not over yet.

if you really want to know an endate. 9-9-9..that's when my driver's license expires... No kiddin' folks.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by jedimiller]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Just woke up Im HERE IM STILL HERE WAAAHHOOOOOO now i got to go to work were the temp going to be 103 why im i here yuk.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
WOW, its already up to 11 pages of this, 5:11 am....nothing yet! (this is not a one line post ok) ill keep you guys posted!

[edit on 8-7-2008 by plug_pray]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I took these pictures of the moon last night, here in northern California. It was a really brilliant, beautiful orange. The Second picture is closest to the actual color. Maybe it's an omen?

Anyway, I hope nothing happens. I have a doctors appointment today, and I really don't want my last moments spent sitting around some waiting room.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

2faced. I feel kinda sorry for you sir. I mean I hope you are wrong, but a claim like this is HUGE! you remind me of art bell when he screamed murder about Y2k. just so you know, if nothing happens today, I will have to ignore you from now on. May the force be with you.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
ZOMGZ, I live near CALIFORNIA, PA! WHAT IF THAT'S WHAT THEY MEANT?!?!?!/11one

Happy 8th everyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morrigan
so are they dead yet????

You know this is just more fundamentalist crap dont ya!

Point of order, Mr. Chairman.

I do not recall any verses of the bible saying "And thou shalt prophecy with numbers".

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

well someone is going to look stupid today

i hope

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Probably all been mentioned before, but a few random things...

-The books of the Bible are just collected texts written by a variety of different authors. They weren't collected and put into any specific order until hundreds of years after their creation. Therefore, any prophecy that depends on the order of those books is false.

-It keeps taking numbers like "208" and turning them into "28." It makes no logical sense. Here:

I was born on April 11th. 4/11. 411. 411 is prophetic for 41. 4+1 =5. 5+4(April, my birth month)=9. I was born on the 11th. 9/11!

-In support for the site's 2015 argument, the author quotes a passage from Corinthians that appears to validate the claim that some type of ressurection is about to happen. What the author neglects to mention, however, is that 1 Corinthians is a letter from Paul to the Corinthian community, and contains nothing more than his own words and beliefs. Keep in mind that Paul also said that the second coming would be during his own lifetime. And was he right about that?

-Overall, all that site does is take a bunch of random numbers from the bible and elsewhere, remove the numbers that will mess up the equations, and attempt to connect them to dates by taking numbers that have absolutely nothing to do with each other and adding them together.

"Count 13 verses as 13 days from John 20:05 which represents Aug 29, 2005 on the prophetic timeline and you arrive at John 20:18 representing the day Sept 11, 2005! This is the last place Mary Magdalene~119~9/11 is seen in the bible confirming the date 911~Sept 11 again! Also notice verse 1+8= "9" and 2+0+1+8 = "11". "

'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
How suspenseful.. I hope it lasts.

Sorry to hear some of ya are gwonna bite the dust today. Bummer, I just joined up and haven't got a chance to meet ya.

Good luck pals!

BTW: Can I have your star thingys ...and deposit your cash in my bank account?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What time is it over there now?
I've not heard of anything happening just yet.

Although today does seem to be dragging like hell in my own personal reality. Maybe something will happen?
Or maybe I'm just too sober

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller

2faced. I feel kinda sorry for you sir. I mean I hope you are wrong, but a claim like this is HUGE! you remind me of art bell when he screamed murder about Y2k. just so you know, if nothing happens today, I will have to ignore you from now on. May the force be with you.

I feel more sorry for people who get drawn to a post like flies to crap just because of a "catching" headline, and take it serious too. A headline I only copied and translated from another sensationalist website. It got EXACTLY the respons I thought it would get (need the ATS points
). But just to be clear, it's NOT my claim.

As for you ignoring me, that's just too bad. Allthough, i have to admit, I didn't realize you noticed me in the first place. I can only respond to your mature way of reacting with wishing you'll recieve four flat tires and an empty gasstank during x-mass rush hour. How's that!?

But serious, maybe the post was a bit stupid, I admit. Never thought otherwise. And my motive for posting it is not what you probably think. I am probably not what you think.....

peace

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
list of earthquakes in the last hour

Src,Eqid,Version,Datetime,Lat,Lon,Magnitude,Depth,NST,Region
nn,00253190,1,"Tuesday, July 8, 2008 13:06:32 UTC",37.1110,-116.9570,1.4,4.00,43,"Nevada"
hv,00029022,0,"Tuesday, July 8, 2008 13:01:41 UTC",19.4098,-155.2763,2.2,0.00,00,"Island of Hawaii, Hawaii"
ak,00053927,1,"Tuesday, July 8, 2008 12:33:33 UTC",63.3084,-151.0153,1.4,0.00,06,"Central Alaska"
ak,00053924,1,"Tuesday, July 8, 2008 12:28:34 UTC",58.8016,-136.2433,3.6,7.70,27,"Southeastern Alaska"
ci,14379592,1,"Tuesday, July 8, 2008 12:22:49 UTC",33.5970,-116.4956,1.1,4.40,14,"Southern California"

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just woke-up here in the Great San Joaquin Valley, thankful that I am granted these few moments to imbibe my breakfast of a couple cups of coffee and several cigarettes.

I'd hate to be a victim of a major catastrophe and then go into the after-life carrying a bad attitude due to acute nicotine-withdrawal.

6:37 am, so far so good...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
JAPAN- Fox News:

6.0 about an hour ago- South Eastern Japan.

Can anyone check this out? I'm up to my neck in housework.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Looks like the bible has PROVEN itself WRONG yet again

The bible DID NOT predict 9/11, Hurricane Catrina, OR anything else for that matter... they are metaphors that people twist around and give them a meaning they dont have. Stop buying into these scare tactics.. you people are going to CREATE the end if you keep thinking about it! And for the people who CHILLED THE EFF OUT..and didnt get all freaked about it.. good for YOU

Hopefully THIS finally gets people to realize that nothing the bible says is true..its been twisted and manipulated for EONS OF TIME..its false. And i am not here to Offend anyone .. I just want the TRUTH to be realized

Trust me, its wonderful to be FREE

Watch "The Secret" It will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know! The movie is about the Laws of Attraction. Which states that "like attracts like" this means that whatever energies you put into the universe you create in your own life. Watch the movie, learn the secret, and dont worry and be HAPPY

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join