It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Withdrew from the Race, Right?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Your original comments were in general, and my response was an open argument. I apologize if following your comments for months has left me misinformed. I will endeavor to ask instead of assume.

So how does pointing out the cost of the middle eastern war, somehow validate his choice to spend the same money elsewhere?

To me it would seem plain that we should support neither.

And as for Andrew, the man has been on this site for how long, and with 2500 posts? Seriously, it is so obvious that the man has an agenda, and spends all day pursuing it. Notice that I have NEVER put you in that category.

But I never asked for personal respect, just no personal attacks. But unlike you, I will take your word that this was not a direct attack, and apologize for disrupting the thread.

Anyway, when Ron Paul suspended his campaign, he merely left open the option to have his delegates get him a place on the stage. Look it up, but I think you already know this. I don't think it a bad strategy, especially in light of his new mission.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

He could never win it is a fixed election.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
If it were clear that Ron Paul was running and would accept the office, would you be voting and pushing for him?

Yes. My signature here on ATS used to be: We Need A Hero. Write in Ron Paul.

When I "came back" to ATS from a short absence, I supported Ron Paul. When I learned that he would most likely NOT be permitted to run, AND I was doing research on Obama at the same time, I started to wonder if my vote would be best spent for Paul. I started looking up these rumors about Obama and learning more about HIM. I decided my vote would be better "spent" on Obama.

Then Paul ended his campaign.

The end of May, I was still supporting Paul for president:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If Paul gave a strong push and campaigned through the summer, I absolutely would vote for him. He is what we need. But he's not running. It's really as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Anyway, when Ron Paul suspended his campaign, he merely left open the option to have his delegates get him a place on the stage. Look it up, but I think you already know this.

If you have read this thread, you know that NO ONE has posted where HE said he was just suspending and that's what I'm asking. I HAVE looked it up.

I will look harder.

No worries.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i will be writing in Ron Paul. i feel that if he were to get elected he would accept the job. I feel that any other vote would not be in my best interest even if i were to vote for obama or mcain i would still feel as if i threw my vote away.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Yes I saw the official statement. I have also seen this.

cpalpac.com...

here is a little copy and paste if you do not wish to follow the link.

Didn't Ron stop running for President?

Yes, with the primaries complete, he felt there would be insufficient delegates to place his name in nomination. Many disagree and forecast that GOP delegates will revolt knowing that Obama would crush McCain. In fact, an Alaska-led group is presently stirring that pot by sending DVD's and copies of Ron's book The Revolution A Manifesto to delegates nationwide.

Would Ron accept the nomination if it were offered to him?

Ron has stated that he would do so.

Also as a Precinct Leader I get emails from the former campain explaining more details of the continued effort. Here is a sampling of one.

As you may know, Ron did not withdraw from but rather suspended his campaign. You may go to cpalpac.com... for a Q&A and video updates that address this matter. It remains extremely important to send to the national convention the Ron Paul delegates who were elected in Pennsylvania's primary. I must ask for your support because a few of them need help with convention expenses which are considerable. As an example, one had her spouse unexpectedly lose employment. Please go to cpalpac.com... to donate.

Where Things Stand

Bottom-line, the Revolution continues. Ron's suspension may or may not prove tactical (hint), but the neo-conservative dominated GOP will regardless lose many House and Senate seats this Fall. Seizing on this weakness, we will then go about electing candidates nationwide to fight police state laws, unnecessary mercantile wars and confiscatory economic policy that promotes massive government. Keep informed about this process by joining:

1. Ron's Campaign for Liberty at www.campaignforliberty.com...
2. The Pennsylvania Campaign for Liberty at www.pacampaignforliberty.org... -- under construction, watch for updates

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
write him in! he would not turn his back on the ppl if thay choose him! if he did infact say such things its because he wishes to take this time to do other things than just campaign ..but he is what we need.. however i fear that he would end up like kennedy because theres alot more controling powers than just he prez and someone in the ranks of say cia would take him out for destroying the master plans

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PApro

i agree w/ this; that he would not turn his back on the ppl if he won. what are the chances of him winning? slim to none since the majority of voters that would have voted for him sold out due to his slim chances.

i will write him in for one reason........ my conscience. the way i personally view it, if you vote the lesser of two evils and they go against what this country stood for, you hold responsibility for that and all of their decisions while they are in office.

i voted against bush (as i have stated) and i feel free in not taking responsibility in what he has done while in office. did my vote count? not in the literal sense, but as far as what i stand for in this country, YES!! i have a clear conscience when it comes to anything he has done in the name of "america". unless a candidate is completely weighed out and in agreeance w/ the terms laid out by the constitution, i will not vote for them.

"the lesser of two evils" does not exist as the only option in my mind. just a matter of getting others to realize that too

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join