It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target error: US army planes bomb Afghan wedding party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Afghan officials are reeling over what they say is a second US-led air raid which has killed civilians.

The latest strike is said to have occurred on Sunday morning in Nangarhar, and according to local witnesses, targeted a wedding party.

The Deh Bala district governor Hamisha Gul has told the AFP newsagency 22 people were killed in the strike, nineteen of them women and children.

Sources:
Source1
Fox
BBC

Does this constitute as Collateral damage ?
Disgusting ! Especially in these times of high tech warfare, how can mistakes like these continue to happen ?

Edit: typo in thread title fixed

[edit on 7-7-2008 by XyZeR]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's intentional that's why. I hate to say it, but that's my conclusion to events like this these days. They meant it. The technology and 'intelligence' is meant to be best in the world, yet this still happens. It's the only logical conclusion. It creates hatred towards the US invasion and divisions in the Iraqi population. It allows the occupation of Iraq to continue. The money keeps flowing to the private contractors, and the oil keeps flowing to the multi-national oil companies.

Of course, they'll blame 'bad intelligence' or justify it by saying a few 'insurgents' or 'militants' were among them. It's just plain murder in my book. And of course, no one will be held accountable. They never are.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Nammu]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Ummm, this is from 2002. Kinda old news.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

The first source is from Today, and refers to a different incident.

I think the other sources were put there to show that this isn't the first occurence.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Umm ok, my bad.

I always look to the BBC first, as I consider them the prime source, given an option.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Be honest,
who knows what they were thinking.
Were they given bad intel?
Were the pilots renegades?
Were there taliban amongst the wedding?

you just cant believe anything.

I doubt the US marines said

'' there's a wedding here today, lets bomb it ''

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The US bombing wedding parties has happen before in Afghanistan in 2002 (100+ dead) and in Iraq, 2004 (50+ dead). The thing about smart bomb technology is how stupid and incompetent its can makes its operators look. From the bombing of Belgrade TV station, which turned out to be the Chinese embassy, to bombing of weddings in Iraq and Afghanistan? The pentagon will come out with a change of story probable stray bomb to keep up its image, at the expense of cheapening foreigners lives.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
oopsy!

You know, the war on terror is a war that WE are engaged in. With the upmost honest and pure intentions, WE did bomb that wedding party, but time for sadness is behind us. It is time to move on. We lost 3,000 people on 911, and if you are not with us, youre with the terrorists. Those families at the wedding party, if any of them are still alive, should be thanking us for advancing freedom.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Be honest,
who knows what they were thinking.
Were they given bad intel?
Were the pilots renegades?
Were there taliban amongst the wedding?

you just cant believe anything.

I doubt the US marines said

'' there's a wedding here today, lets bomb it ''

+1. Holy cow, I actually agree 100% with your post!!

Could be bad intel from someone on the ground. I doubt it was renegade pilots, tho.

But I don't about the Marines and the "There's a wedding; let's bomb it!". They are a freaky bunch.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Osama Bin Laden's son had a wedding. Perhaps the Pentagon were hoping that there be another where Osama would be there. Osama himself has four wives, why not another?

top topics

join