It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is it beginning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
regulations.justia.com...

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that
the current existence and risk of the proliferation of weapons-usable fissile
material on the Korean Peninsula constitute an unusual and extraordinary
threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States,
and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.

my question is:
doesn't a national emergency deter elections?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
this was on the 26.06.08!!! the time the north koreans destroyed their nuke factory. an excecutive order usually expires with an other E.O. when the situation changes. why didn't it this time? why doesn't national or international media cover this?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
sorry for misspelling

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm not sure if they could suspend the National Election with an Executive order. But an actual National Emergency just before the vote would definately boost McCain's boat, and give the Republicans a chance this November.

I think this one just means that he's keeping a watchful eye and is wanting to get people riled up about it.

As for hearing about it on the news, simply...you won't. It's either gas prices, Iran, or the election. No one reports the news anymore, just what they want you to hear and believe. Gone are the days of people reporting what is going on so you care and can voice your opinion on it. Now if you aren't rich/famous and aren't a republican/democrat that follows party lines, you get little more than a bone now and then with halfhearted questions.

That's why you should keep looking for the news on your own.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
that doen't make sense. if they wanted to boost mccain, this information should be out there in every news.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
whoever they want elected will become president. with the electronic voting machines who knows who is payed to change the results, it's not even a matter of voting anymore, it's like a tv show with a written script. obama and mccain both are two sides of the same damn coin and until people start fighting back we're going to fall behind completely.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by luckyphil
that doen't make sense. if they wanted to boost mccain, this information should be out there in every news.

No, this Exec. Order is probably just setting the stage so to speak. A true National Emergency well handled would boost McCain.

But I have been thinking about it for a while, and it would be possible to delay the elections, but you would probably have to get the Supreme Court's ok on the Constitutionality, and Congress to ok a date for it to be moved to.

new topics

top topics

join