It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for the ATS/BTS Men

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

exactly i think we look for someoen that we can feel like we're in safe hands with someoen that will look out for us without asking for anything in return. and this has to be returned in kind otherwise it wont last forever.

This is kinda of a naive statement but in a relationship i think you should expect nothing and give everything to your partener only then can you say you truly are in love

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
i've dated smart girls and they are the worst when you get in a verbal fight. they always throw it in your face. They throw their success and IQ levels on your face when you get in a fight and it gets nasty. Also, smarter girls are most likely feminists and hate a man to control them and deny manhood altogether.

Wow.

My girlfriend makes more money than I do and she would be the last to admit it. Her promotion just came in the last few weeks and she was almost embarrassed. If I wasn't so supportive of her making a step forward, I don't know if she would have taken it. So no, successful and smart women do not throw it in anyone's face because they are smart and successful. Anyone who is throwing anything in anyone's face is due to their own insecurities.

If I were to sit here and tell you how much money I make and how many women I've been with, I would be doing so out of my own insecurity.

Also, you equate manhood to controlling a woman? A smart woman must be a feminist and wouldn't let her man control her, thus denying him his manhood?

They have no respect for man.

It is a known fact that only dumb, unemployed women respect men.

I don't think I've come across such ignorance in the 9/11 or WoT forums combined.

I know this, because my sister is still single and she always scares guys away with all the talk about politics and such when they go out on a diner. Really, a guy just want to have fun during a date and doesn't want to be schooled by a girl on the date.

How about doing the whole male gender a favor and stop speaking for all of us.

Clearly you feel the female gender is inferior to the almighty male.

Some women need to undestand one thing. You girls come from us. We man created you from our own ribs. First it was god, then man and then later came women. We needed you girls to have our children. that's the truth. So I think that most girls have no respect for us guys, when actually we should be treated like gods, because think about it now, without us you wouldn't exist. I mean that's just my theory and how I stand on this. Not that women are any less than man, but in the evolution chain they are there to work for us. and maybe the caveman did have it right in that manner? I mean think about it, you girls take care of the children and breast feed. There's a reason for everything.

I'm not going to even touch your religious beliefs, but oppressing a gender due to the writings that are ridiculously outdated... well, it's a little ignorant.

OK, i'm babblin' along here, but my point is that smart girls sometimes confuse being smart as being smart asses. And truly, smart girls are really stuck up with their books on their laps and wearing those sexy reading glasses. In conclusion, if I was going to marry a chick, she's have to be 50% smart and 50% cute. And idolize me,

You want an idiot who can't speak for herself so you can oppress, control, manipulate into doing whatever you damn well please. What sucks about this is you will, and you will. And I feel bad for her and her family.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I don't think I've come across such ignorance in the 9/11 or WoT forums combined.

Hey now can you back that up with some reference because now you are the one generalizing

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000

Hey now can you back that up with some reference because now you are the one generalizing

I would think that the comment you quoted here was said totally tongue in cheek. Sarcasm sometimes is hard to understand when you can't hear the inflections of an actual voice, but have to read words on a screen. Knowing the member you quoted I will tell you that he is a true class act. I guarantee, he meant ZERO disrespect to women.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by lombozo]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Some women need to undestand one thing. You girls come from us. We man created you from our own ribs. First it was god, then man and then later came women. We needed you girls to have our children. that's the truth. So I think that most girls have no respect for us guys, when actually we should be treated like gods, because think about it now, without us you wouldn't exist. I mean that's just my theory and how I stand on this. Not that women are any less than man, but in the evolution chain they are there to work for us. and maybe the caveman did have it right in that manner? I mean think about it, you girls take care of the children and breast feed. There's a reason for everything.

I truly have never read anything so sexist and ignorant in my entire life. I have to laugh at it.
You make it sound as if we could not survive without you.
NEWSFLASH baby...
One shot with a DNA gun is all that's needed. Women can do everything else just fine thanks.
RESPECT is something that is earned..but you would have no knowledge of that would you?
Treat men like gods? OMG!!!
Pffft... Not in my lifetime.
Work for a man? Excuse my English but Scr#*w that!
Good god man, I don't know where you learned your morals and ethics from, but DAMN!
Hence why I keep you on 'IGNORE"

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Woah there buddy thats some funny stuff, first of all if i believed in the bible i would still dissagree with that statement.

I think men and women have heir place and roles in life, as to who is the stronger sex hum thats hard to tell because women by nature are far better at surviving than men. but we're stronger well most of us.

but when it comes to relationships in my experience women tend to stop thinking and comit many mistakes for the sake of it. and i think this is why some guys get all dominant.

Heres a page out of my book:
My ex she always wanted to have a say in everything but everytime i put a decicion on her shoulders she dumped it back to me saying "you're the man its your job" she couldnt make the hard choices and thats one of the reasons that we didnt work out.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

The comment you quoted above, as 'bozo stated himself, was said with a smidgen of sarcasm. Read my post in full and you'll see what I'm referring to.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

ok my bad chissler :w:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

but when it comes to relationships in my experience women tend to stop thinking and comit many mistakes for the sake of it. and i think this is why some guys get all dominant.

All I'll say here, is that I'm so glad you put "In my Experience".
Had you not..
I would've gone all "AccessDenied" on your A**.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Do men feel intimidated in a relationship with a smart and/or successful woman?

No not all! I would much rather date a girl who can hold a decent intelligent conversation than one who can't, success really doesn't bother me either although I would be put off from dating a career girl as generally they only have a one track mind and that is to focus on their work and nothing else in their quest to reach the top.

Looks can only go so far

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

All I'll say here, is that I'm so glad you put "In my Experience".
Had you not..
I would've gone all "AccessDenied" on your A**.

well let me tell you a story...
i have a friend who is a woman and she had been talking to me about how she was in love with this dude and she told me about the dude and i told her that the guy was a lolser and she waswasting her time with him , ok so she didnt want to hear that she said that she was in love with him and he was in love with her and i wont go into many of the details but from what she told me that he was like i knew the guy was just playing around with her feelings and i told her to get rid of him but no she didnt listen. about a week after the guy dumped her and i got a call at 2 AM "oh Alex you were right" so anyways i talked to her and she started going on about how her ex boyfriend was interested in her still but he was on a relationship at the time.

i told her that it was a bad idea going to old relationships because they are over for a good reason but did she listen no of course not. so anyways she was kinda messed up in the head from her break up so i gave her a brake and i said that she should look for someone new instead of dealing with all these people who are making her life complicated.

ok so what does she do next um well her cousing had a fight with her boyfriend and those two spend a lot of time at her house and you can guess what happened anyways she was like i need to tell her even though they were broken up.

i was like no way dont doit its gona get ugly but once again i get a call in the middle of the night oh my cousin is mad at me and shes back with her boyfriend.

i mean seriously so then she finally listened to reason i told her to push away all of these people and let the dust settle. and to find a boyfriend somewhere far away from her circle ya know.

what do you think about that i'm not making this up its a real life story that kinda proves my point. i mean guys are guilty of it too but were talking about women right

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Razor, no offense as she is your friend, but women like that need a kick.(My opinion, not condoning violence against women here..
..)
Too much dramarama created by her own actions , yet she can't understand why her love life is screwed up and unhappy.
I'm afraid from my own experience, most women like that will make the same mistakes, over and over, never seeing the pattern they have created for themselves.
Perhaps she would benefit from reading some books on relationships before diving into anything else.
My 2 pennies.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is the difference woman.

(deep) men meaning deep souls want a smart yet not prideful woman.

Men who want power and the traditional type of man likes a woman to stay at home yet stay at home moms are not unsmart.

I would prefer a smart woman if she is successful or stay at home.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Smart is sexy. Successful usually follows along quite naturally...

Now why in the world would I be intimidated by a smart woman, someone needs to check my spelling afterall...

Seriously, I find women with intelligence and a modicum of success far more attractive than ones without.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
will accept for a good sense of wit.

lol.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join